Thread: P1 USA 2012

1. Collapse Details
    P1 USA 2012
    Registered
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

P1 SUPERSTOCK USA ANNOUNCES 2012 RACE SCHEDULE

Greenville, NC: February 14, 2012 – The one-design P1 SuperStock USA Championship is set for a second season of exciting and highly competitive offshore powerboat racing with five events on its 2012 race schedule.

For the second consecutive year, P1 SuperStock USA teams will race in Detroit, MI and Morehead City, NC with the addition of three new venues: St. Cloud, FL, Biloxi, MS and Pittsburgh, PA.

“We were approached by a huge number of venues who are interested in bringing P1 SuperStock USA to their city,” said Martin Sanborn, P1 Director of North American Operations. “The amount of interest this series has generated throughout the U.S. is very encouraging and will be instrumental in bringing the Championship to a regional level by 2013, reverting back to the APBA regional format from the late 1990’s.”

The season starts on March 30 - April 1 in St. Cloud, FL at “Spring Fling” presented by the Rotary Club of St. Cloud. This kick-off event will bring powerboat racing back to St. Cloud for the first time in three years. St. Cloud was traditionally the season opener for APBA offshore powerboat racing starting in 1983 when teams would race East Lake Toho as an exhibition race at the beginning of each season.

The second event of the season is scheduled for April 26 - 29 in Biloxi, MS for “Smokin’ the Sound.” P1 SuperStock USA joined the Offshore Super Series for “Smokin the Sound” in 2011 as an exhibition race but this year’s race will count towards teams’ overall championship score.

After a two-month break in the schedule, P1 SuperStock USA teams will travel to Pittsburgh, PA for the “Pittsburgh Three Rivers Regatta” on June 30 - July 1. This year will be the 35th running of the event and an estimated crowd of 600,000 spectators is expected.

Two weeks later, P1 SuperStock USA teams will return to Detroit, MI July 13 - 15 for the “2012 Detroit APBA Gold Cup” presented by the Detroit River Regatta Association and the Detroit Yacht Club. Last year, P1 SuperStock USA 2011 National Champion crew, JD Byrider, picked up their first win of the season in Detroit and hoisted the coveted Garwood trophy.

The final stop of the 2012 season is in Morehead City, NC for the 7th Annual Crystal Coast Grand Prix and the P1 SuperStock USA National Championship. Morehead City provided some of the closest and most exciting race action in 2011.

“We are excited to bring the P1 SuperStock USA National Championship to Morehead City, NC this year,” said Sanborn. “The competition was outstanding in Morehead City last year and the venue provides one of the best viewing areas of any race site. We consider Morehead City to be our home event since it’s only 90 miles from our P1 USA headquarters in Greenville, NC.”

Look for P1 SuperStock USA at the Miami International Boat Show this weekend where the P1-28SS Panther will be on display at the Marriot Biscayne Bay Hotel and Marina. Demo rides will be available for potential customers with serious interest in the boat.

P1 SuperStock USA 2012 Schedule

St. Cloud, Fl March 30 - April 1
    Biloxi, MS April 26 - 29
    Pittsburgh, PA June 30 - July 1
    Detroit, MI July 13 - 15
    Morehead City, NC September 14 - 16

-ENDS-

ABOUT P1 SUPERSTOCK USA

The Powerboat P1 SuperStock USA Championship series features a global, one-design powerboat with the same engine and propeller, leveling the playing field for all competitors. The Driver’s make the difference, not the amount of their investment. The series is sanctioned by the Union Internationale Motonautica (UIM) and the American Powerboat Association (APBA) to create a genuine competitive championship series at the regional, national, continental and world championship level.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Perfect timing to go with our Top 11 story about P1.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Are the Outboard Cats going to make St. Cloud?

4. Collapse Details

Has any one herd or seen OSS race schedule? P1 is scheuled for Morehead NC , OPA & SBI don't have that on schedule. OSS only shows 1 Race scheuled fo r Bolixi. I can't imagine P1 running by it self.

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    OSS has Biloxi only at this point. They have a tremendous package to attract race boats for the event. They are working on some more at this time.

OPA I put up a list a few days ago. I had it double checked with OPA because there were others out there as the list that were different. It is correct. I'll pop something in to bring it to the top.

SBI is all nailed down except the one event that most likely will not happen until next year, but they have not given up yet, even though the remaining time is short.

6. Collapse Details

Registered
    It's my understanding that all P1 events are APBA sanctioned meaning that most classes are eligible to race with some exceptions based on the course configuration. I haven't spoken with Martin directly in a while so I'm not sure who is committed for St. Cloud, but I do know that the schedule reflects additional classes to run, the same will hold true for MHC.

DJ

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I was just wondering if he had any additional commitments from any of the other classes yet. I believe you are right on the APBA certification.

8. Collapse Details

Registered
    Have heard a few names tossed around, but I don't know who has committed 100%....the outboard cat class will be represented in St. Cloud, I'll let you know who's there in a week!