Thread: Old School

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Fast Kasch(s). 46 Cougar with triple 900s! Steve's 50 NorTech "Royal Flush." Mark Kingma (Payton) 34 Super Hawaii. I love Doug's boat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photorun2005 1156.jpg   photorun2005 1103.jpg   photorun2005 939.jpg  

photorun2005 1249.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Met a bunch of new friends on that run...Keith and Marcy, Donna and Ian (Patriyacht and Mrs.), Leo and Teri (Exhilaration), and the one and only Magic Medicine (and Nytroboy420).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photorun2005 927.jpg   photorun2005 584.jpg   photorun2005 890.jpg  

photorun2005 961.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

T-Dockers at play...Candyman Dan, Bo, Quiet Storm Roger (with a baby Ryan(Cigflatdeck) aboard, Steve and KathyJo Shay, Don in Life Is Good,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photorun2005 050.jpg   photorun2005 158.jpg   photorun2005 054.jpg  

photorun2005 295.jpg   photorun2005 692.jpg  

4. Collapse Details

Gary's 39 Outerlimits, Frankie 10X in Reggie's old "Preacher" boat, Mark Smith in the Chi-Town Hustler, hustling off Chi-town.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photorun2005 177.jpg   photorun2005 166.jpg   photorun2005 833.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

We were instructed at the driver's meeting to be careful, maintain safe distance, and go one boat at a time. Here's Bob Z and B-rad...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photorun2005 626.jpg   photorun2005 660.jpg   photorun2005 646.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

These are probably my favorite shots of the day (other than those of my boat). Mr. Cig's Flatdeck, Jimmy Vos' Fox Hunter Flatdeck, and Crazy Horse 41 Apache doin' it OLD SCHOOL...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photorun2005 758.jpg   photorun2005 719.jpg   photorun2005 761.jpg  

photorun2005 755.jpg   photorun2005 766.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

So I mentioned earlier that Fun Michelle was in effect that day... She had a couple wine coolers early on with no breakfast, and was feeling pretty good by the time it was our turn to go. The conversation that took place in the following photos was as follows:

Her: "Hey, should I flash the helicopter?"
    Me: "Yes, yes you should."

And yes I do have that picture. And no I will not be putting it up online.

A little advice, though...if you want the helicopter to keep coming after your boat at EVERY event, just follow the above protocol. I got a TON of pics from the air that year!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photorun2005 169.jpg   photorun2005 390.jpg   photorun2005 171.jpg  

photorun2005 1421.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post

BOOOOOO !!!!!

9. Collapse Details

Hey,,,,,

Shouldnt you be working !!!!????

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OBNOXUS View Post
    Hey,,,,,

Shouldnt you be working !!!!????
    I FINALLY HAVE A FULL CREW!!!!! YIPPEEEEEE!

On a related note...SHOULDN'T YOU BE GETTING READY TO WORK ON MY BOAT?

11. Collapse Details

actually putting the motor in the Outerlimits tonight !!!

Your next !!!

12. Collapse Details

Mike that was not Keith on the original magic medicine, it was my lil bro Alex, keiths twin. Great pics and great stories.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Mike that was not Keith on the original magic medicine, it was my lil bro Alex, keiths twin. Great pics and great stories.
    Ahh...couldn't tell from the angle of the pic, so I just guessed.

Here's a couple more from that day...featuring the ever-popular "Predator" NorTech...shown here with its new paint and new name..."Morphine." This is EASILY a record number of people on a go-fast boat. I count 21. Wonder if the entire cabin is full of life-jackets?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photorun2005 1388.jpg   photorun2005 1394.jpg   photorun2005 1413.jpg  

14. Collapse Details

And only ONE topless !!!

15. Collapse Details

AWESOME pics !!!

16. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=redhotsommer;581772]
    Her: "Hey, should I flash the helicopter?"
    Me: "Yes, yes you should."

QUOTE]

17. Collapse Details

WOW. I daresay it is actually HOT outside today in Chicagoland! I can't wait to get outside! It would definately be a good day on the water...so...here's some more pics from my history on the water.

When the "powers-that-were" controlling the Chicago Powerboat Club decided to have a Poker Run, I mostly just sat in the backseat and watched it come together. I had very little experience with that kind of thing, and really didn't appreciate the national scope they were shooting for. All I knew was that I was going to be there, come hell or high water.

I polished the boat until it was so shiny your eyes would slip off if you looked at it at the wrong angle, and gave it an oil change (5 fresh quarts of Mobil One...what? These are 8 quart pans? They HAVE those???? Lol. Didn't find that out for a month or so!). I was VERY nervous on the day of the event...our crew consisted of myself and Michelle, my dad, and two of Michelle's college friends that were both professors at Purdue and had never been on a boat on Lake Michigan. After the drivers meeting, we all piled into the boats and idled out...and it started to rain. Crap. We idled around for a LONG while, as the helicopters had gone to the WRONG marina, and the rain finally tapered off. Boats started to move forward, my dad fired up the video camera, and I made the decision to make things as easy as possible by following the Patriyacht 43 Black Thunder...let him bust the waves and we'll just enjoy the ride, right? The camera lasted about 30 seconds, as the pressing need to hang the f(*& on hit my old man...apparently it was bumpier on the lake than we had anticipated. It was only about 1-3 foot, but totally tossed...no rhythem or direction to the waves...typical Lake Michigan water. All know is that I still wasn't very experienced on the sticks and was totally paranoid about blowing a drive...and that I was throttling in accordance with the screams of our friend Amy. She screamed, I throttled back. It worked pretty well, considering.

18. Collapse Details

Jimmy Porter, Rich and Dave in the Show Stopper 42 Tiger, the FLEET (its good to have the red boat...I can always find myself in a group shot!), BZ airing it out....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pokerrun2005 001.jpg   pokerrun2005 003.jpg   pokerrun2005 017.jpg  

pokerrun2005 042.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Pokin' and runnin'
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pokerrun2005 061.jpg   pokerrun2005 145.jpg   pokerrun2005 160.jpg  

pokerrun2005 184.jpg  

20. Collapse Details

Two nutjobs in a boat. Straight Jacket and Scarrab30...the Brian Millers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pokerrun2005 202.jpg   pokerrun2005 203.jpg   pokerrun2005 235.jpg  

pokerrun2005 207.jpg