Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details
    My Dash panels. AGAIN...
    As we all know my saga last winter with my dash panel...I got it back in late may last year. I didnt like the way it came out, but also didnt have time to mess with it. So i installed it and used it. The powdercoat finish with a ton of orange peel, and color in general i did not like.

Soooo, I removed and de-rigged it again. Not real keen on sending stuff out due to incompetent people, I opted to try it myself...Stripped it, primed and painted Metallic black. Lots of wetsanding and polishing. I then got with a guy on the boards who does vinyl decals. I had a real hard time finding someone locally to work with me on the small vinyl lettering.

This guy was great to work with. I sent him a picture of the old dash, with measurements. He then designed it, and emailed me file that i can print to size on my home computer. I printed it, and layed out all the lettering, to be sure it fits. Once i did this, he made up the vinyl and sent it out to me. All within a few days too. Initial email about the project on tuesday, decals arrived on saturday from New Hampshire. Cool. Heres some pics. I'll attach a close up of the finish so you can see the slight metallic in the paint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dash3.jpg   dash2.jpg   12358.jpg