1. Collapse Details
    My winter projects for Haulin nuts.
    Seats parts out.

installed new switches, decals etc.

Factory had some type of goofy fiber optic lights driven by a peanut bulb. How weak. purple LEDS behind the plexi. I am installing more in the foot well where the goofy license plate lights where. Ordered this cool aluminum track and everything to house the LEDs.

So this is bothering me. I had those seat parts powder coated. Mainly because I thought the powder would hold up better. It seems to nick easy. Well the two upper pieces that attach to the seat are cast Aluminum, the legs and bottom piece are machined aluminum. Well first off they do not match. I told them to fill the holes with metal filler on the cast pieces and they did not, and do a base silver coat which they did not. Ok, so I am thinking I should have just got some paint my buddy uses and just had them media blasted and painted myself. So the seats are install they look cool but bothered by the matching color and pin holes. Next. The windshield frame paint will strip off easy with aircraft remover. I am debating should chance powder coat on the windshield frame? Or should I just get the paint and paint it, which I would re paint the seat parts also so it all matches. I am kind of pissed about the seat parts. Spent a lot on them but not real happy. I like the color of that powder coat. Or I just leave it be and see how it looks in the sun light which I do need to do and decide then.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The biggest issue is the prep work before powdercoating.......

They must match as far as the surface. My preference, aluminum shot blast or glass bead blast. You really can't chose which until a sample of each is done and compared for texture and polish.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

They media blasted. pin holes in the cast aluminum is normal. A guy who did the same thing on OSO used metal filler. Actually the powder is holding pretty good. when you hit it with the wrench it does not help. I am so anal the difference in contrast between parts do the the nature of what they are made of is what really is bothering me. I am going to think about it some more. If it drives me nuts I will just sand them and paint them again when I paint the windshield frame, if I do not do the windshield frame in powder.

Or I can just say Eff it. and leave it and get the windshield powder coated and go down the road. I really need to pull it out into the sunlight and see how it looks. If it is bad looking in the sun then I have my answer.

4. Collapse Details

#1 So the dash has been at Innotech for a couple weeks. It arrived on November 23rd. Steve said last week on Monday they were cutting the fabric, etc, etc, he would call before holes were cut. Said he should be close on Friday or Monday. So waiting on a call from him. Should be soon. Maybe I will get it before Christmas and can work on it during the Holidays. Work is swamped now. I think I get 3-4 hours a week to work on the boat if that.

#2 throttles have been gone for a while. Poor guy at the chrome shop neglected to tell me he had knee surgery and was wayyy behind on work before I sent my parts to him. Said it would be a few weeks. This was on the 28th I spoke with him. So I hope he is getting close. I think it will be worth it. New cables have to go in anyway before the throttles go in anyway.

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    The machined aluminum should match the cast aluminum if they are both aluminum oxide blasted, then glassbeaded. The aluminum oxide will made both a little rough. Then the glassbeading will smooth them back out to where the texture is almost identical for the base of the coating.

The only other way I know of is to polish the cast pieces before going through the powdercoat process.

6. Collapse Details

My buddy said they looked good. I think it will be fine. I am just pairnoid sometimes. I think I have decided to have the windshield frame powder coat the same purple. I think it will be sweet! Did not want to dish out the $$ to have the chrome guy dip the frame.

7. Collapse Details

Spoke with Steve at Innotech. Said my dash should ship out Monday. I got something to do during the Christmas break while sitting at my folks place. Also trying to get the throttles back.

8. Collapse Details

Dash came Thursday before I left for Christmas. I took it and tired to put it together. I orderd a bunch of stuff from Del City to wire it up but when I really sat down I think I needed to change the whole game plan. The factory harness was 14 guage wire, some doubled up. The new Livorsi gauges are about a 22 gauge. I am really thinking about doing a distribution block to run all the hot wires, grounds and illumination to a common plate. I did not want to try and stuff a bunch of small wires into a 10 gauge or larger connector and then have them fall out. I know chris did a dash. Any suggestions?

Throttles are also here. Just need a 2-56 tap to clean the threads for the neutral switches and then I can finish. But man they are sweet!!

9. Collapse Details

Throttles back together.

10. Collapse Details

Before picture

11. Collapse Details

looking good

12. Collapse Details

I need to update. Been busy. Ordered trailer parts. EOH new wheels, brake lines, coupler, tool box. etc.

13. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    One of our other members PM'd me about Blower Switch for a Formula. Did he get ahold of you?

14. Collapse Details

No. Is he looking for one. I better check my inbox.

15. Collapse Details

Blog Entries

LK 525sc382

I told him you'd done all kinds of searching and researching.

16. Collapse Details

I am wayyy behind on this. I will have to take some pictures and update.

17. Collapse Details

wow Been a while since I have been on here. Sold this 312. Was a great boat.