Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

This was in the news here. http://www.adn.com/2011/07/21/197880...s-charged.html Doesn't list the penalties for "smuggling" firearms into Canada. Our gun control should be in the bashing Canada thread!!!! Interesting that the guy with guns and marijuana was not arrested. He just had to pay 6,000 in fines! Canada is pretty friendly when it comes to marijuana because most times the drug laws are ignored.
    Last edited by poncho; 12-09-2011 at 05:09 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Yeah, try crossing the Ambassador bridge from Detroit with a bag of weed in the car.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Yeah, try crossing the Ambassador bridge from Detroit with a bag of weed in the car.
    Depends on the size of the bag and the border crossing. British Columbia is very pot friendly. Drug users are rarely arrested here. Its so friendly that people think marijuana is legal in BC! Vancouver even has a safe injection site that drug users can do their drugs under nurse supervision. The police have agreed to not arrest people at this clinic. They also have an exemption from federal drug laws from the federal government! Canada has become very drug friendly with marijuana and liberal on all drugs and their users.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insite

4. Collapse Details

I am still trying to decide if legalization would be genius or stupid. So many theories.

But a freaking wicked awesome perfect thing aboot Canada is that back in the 1970s when Chuck Ealey, the best college football quarterback of all time who went undefeated all through high school and college and brought the national championship to Toledo was shunned by the NFL draft because he was black. He went on to play ball in the CFL, was a grey cup MVP and still lives in Canada as an investment advisor.

5. Collapse Details

I am still trying to decide if legalization would be genius or stupid. So many theories.

But a freaking wicked awesome perfect thing aboot Canada is that back in the 1970s when Chuck Ealey, the best college football quarterback of all time who went undefeated all through high school and college and brought the national championship to Toledo was shunned by the NFL draft because he was black. He went on to play ball in the CFL, was a grey cup MVP and still lives in Canada as an investment advisor.
    Canada at the federal level allows medical marijuana to be legal. The lack of enforcement of drug laws in BC makes legal despite the drug laws. I don't see the harm in having legal marijuana. Some U.S states are very liberal on pot smokers. So I think it will be legal in Canada first and the states will go legal.

Canada is/was less racist over the U.S. we didn't need to have a civil rights debate. Today racism can get you trouble we have hate laws and therefore hate crime. Ann Coulter was warned that some of her opinions are hate crimes in Canada before she gave a speech at a University here.

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Stupid until they come up with a test of some sort like the breathalyzer for alcohol. I couldn't imagine driving with, or working with, stoners on a regular baisis. Especially on heavy construction or big presses etc.

But, hijack over....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Stupid until they come up with a test of some sort like the breathalyzer for alcohol. I couldn't imagine driving with, or working with, stoners on a regular baisis. Especially on heavy construction or big presses etc.

But, hijack over....
    In Canada we have road blocks to catch drivers stoned or drunk. They can take blood to verify someone is under the influence of drugs. If they suspect that your under the influence they can issue temp license suspensions of up to 48hrs. These suspensions are up to the cops discretion. BC has tough laws on drunk or stoned drivers; in fact the laws are probably the toughest in the world!

8. Collapse Details

See, even on this phucking thread, Chuck Ealey gets no dam respect. No losses as an amateur. Ever. No high school losses. No championship losses. No college losses. 35-0 at Toledo. CFL Rookie of the year. Grey Cup MVP with the Hamilton Tigercats.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chuckealey.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

See, even on this phucking thread, Chuck Ealey gets no dam respect. No losses as an amateur. Ever. No high school losses. No championship losses. No college losses. 35-0 at Toledo. CFL Rookie of the year. Grey Cup MVP with the Hamilton Tigercats.
    I think football in Canada kinda takes a backseat to hockey.

Same as in the US with soccer vs. football. With out research, how many US soccer stars can you name??????
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

10. Collapse Details

in Canada you can get PRO-cessed cheese.

11. Collapse Details

Canada also gave us the band that created one of the all time best instrumentals:

Y-Y-ZED

12. Collapse Details

Most Canadians if they follow football its American. The rest are watching hockey.

13. Collapse Details

In the CFL do they have to get 10 meters for a first down?

14. Collapse Details

Bounce Pass !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Parabellum FJ²B

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    I think football in Canada kinda takes a backseat to hockey.

Same as in the US with soccer vs. football. With out research, how many US soccer stars can you name??????
    I meant that he got no respect from Ratickle.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Canada also gave us the band that created one of the all time best instrumentals:

Y-Y-ZED

I was in a classic rock band once, and we played yyz. Once we played it at a biker bar in Findlay. When we were done... They just sat there staring at us. Actually, we covered it pretty well. But they just had no idea how to process YYZ.

17. Collapse Details

Blog Entries

You had too many points of discussion in the same post, I was confused....

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    You had too many points of discussion in the same post, I was confused....

Yeah, yyz has too many notes in a measure, too. The people of Findlay share your pain.

19. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Chuck, like Warren Moon, was skipped by the NFL because they wanted to change him to another position and he had told all the teams that he was not interested in any position except quarterback.

It's hard to believe that both of those guys went to Canada (How dumb are the scouts and teams in the NFL?).

I followed Warren fairly close as he played college QB for Washington, (and they crushed the favored Michigan Wolverines in the Rose Bowl when he was a senior , and he was the MVP of the game) He also went completely undrafted as he refused to change positions to play in the NFL. Warren led the Edmonton Eskimos to 5 consecutive Grey Cup Championships. And, up until 2006, Warren held the records for most passing yards in professional football, most passing touchdowns in professional football, and most pass completions in professional football.

Anyway, after being at Edmonton 5 years and winning the Grey Cup every year, Warren left Canada and went to the NFL where he was MVP in 1990, All Pro 3 times, and Pro Bowl 9 times....

Warren was also one of only two people ever elected to both the NFL and CFL Hall of Fames.

Here is what I don't get though????? Chuck is not on the list? I'm still digging to see if I can figure it out.....

Why??? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSN_Top_50_CFL_Players

20. Collapse Details

Blog Entries