1. Collapse Details
    PRI show. Anyone going?
    Charter Member / Competitor
    We will be Thursday and Red Bull Kart challenge at 6:30 then Orlando Karting Center.
    Steve

2. Collapse Details

Steve,

I asked Larry but he can not make it. BTW, the boat is heading to Tony's shop for some glass work and we will be installing the drive shaft as we discussed.

Looking forward to hearing what you find out.

Wil

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's a bit of a drive for me.

Here's a link...

http://www.performanceracing.com/tradeshow/

Anyone close should go if they can.....

The latest technology should be there for monitoring engine RPM etc. that I think should be used in all Tech classes....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Paul ,that is why we are going,,we will look at as many monitoring systems as we can,,,we,ll keep everyone (SVL) informed as we go, IE,,conference call,,private thread ect,,, ,as a class ( SVL) we should keep it close ,,so the people who don,t have a dog in the fight ,,don,t make it a public bashing thread,,,if the SCL,s want to know what we find out ,,they (scl) will ask,,they are grown men and I don,t think they need any outside spokes person,,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I talked with Tyler today. He is coming down there......

6. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ros View Post
    Steve,

I asked Larry but he can not make it. BTW, the boat is heading to Tony's shop for some glass work and we will be installing the drive shaft as we discussed.

Looking forward to hearing what you find out.

Wil
    Drive shaft??? That will never work!!!

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    Paul ,that is why we are going,,we will look at as many monitoring systems as we can,,,we,ll keep everyone (SVL) informed as we go, IE,,conference call,,private thread ect,,, ,as a class ( SVL) we should keep it close ,,so the people who don,t have a dog in the fight ,,don,t make it a public bashing thread,,,if the SCL,s want to know what we find out ,,they (scl) will ask,,they are grown men and I don,t think they need any outside spokes person,,,
    The base engines started out identical. The rules have diversed over time. It would be a very good idea for everyone to get on the exact same page with the engines, and then see if Cat Light can resurrect itself and Super Vee can rise again.

Rough idea;

509 cu in max
    9.0 to 1 compression max
    5800 RPM max (Valve Train should live at that)

And I'm sure guys like Tyler and Steve will come up with more things that can be readily checked.

Just figure out a way to Tech a boat in less than 1/2 hour. Then the podium boats can be done.

But it's a discussion, not an argument.....

8. Collapse Details

Hey, I have an idea. Why doesn't everybody return their boat to the way it was originally built and run a stock motor? Oh, wait a minute that was the original idea. You all wanted rule changes to modify your boat decks and bottoms, then came engine modifications. Live with it! Let's see the monitoring device that can measure whether or not my combustion chamber has been re-shaped. Rulebreakers requesting parity.

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    If you look at final output fuel, cam, heads etc does not matter just final output.
    Steve

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerguymiami View Post
    Hey, I have an idea. Why doesn't everybody return their boat to the way it was originally built and run a stock motor? Oh, wait a minute that was the original idea. You all wanted rule changes to modify your boat decks and bottoms, then came engine modifications. Live with it! Let's see the monitoring device that can measure whether or not my combustion chamber has been re-shaped. Rulebreakers requesting parity.
    You're off base here. It could be monitoered when Merc was assisting. Now they are not, so there needs to be a way to curtail those who believe cheating is okay. Otherwise we will lose another class.

There is no way to make sure a motor is stock anymore with the ECM being allowed as modified. That is the one rule that could make all other mods allowable, but the double ECM hidden can still cause issues.

There needs to be a reasonable cost monitoring plan implemented over the course of a couple years.

So, if you don't have a plan for helping, don't put out the negative.

11. Collapse Details

I loved going when it was in Indy. Like Rat says- too far now.
    They used to do it in a giant inflated bubble. It was kinda weird. I think they tore that place down.

Someone told me a couple weeks ago that Indy replaced PRI with their own show. It's supposed to be smaller but pretty much only engine stuff.

12. Collapse Details

I understand that merc is no longer involved so why stick with the 525. My 525 cost me $30K new. I also have a drop in NA 625HP 510 CI sitting on the floor that was 16K new. If it's about output as well as having a cost efficient class I'd be happier with the carbed motor. I can have a spare also for the cost of one 525.

Why all this chatter,for at least two years now, about changes to the original SVL rules from when the class was first born boggles my brain. The ONLY thing that has physically changed since the inception of SVL is the addition of one new boat, so why all the fuss.

Every mention of a modification detracts from the original intention of the class.

New boats for 2012 are being built to the original rules. If enough make it to the circuit, they can be true svl. All the modified boats can then be just that and race P class.

13. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerguymiami View Post
    I understand that merc is no longer involved so why stick with the 525. My 525 cost me $30K new. I also have a drop in NA 625HP 510 CI sitting on the floor that was 16K new. If it's about output as well as having a cost efficient class I'd be happier with the carbed motor. I can have a spare also for the cost of one 525.

Why all this chatter,for at least two years now, about changes to the original SVL rules from when the class was first born boggles my brain. The ONLY thing that has physically changed since the inception of SVL is the addition of one new boat, so why all the fuss.

Every mention of a modification detracts from the original intention of the class.

New boats for 2012 are being built to the original rules. If enough make it to the circuit, they can be true svl. All the modified boats can then be just that and race P class.
    I pretty much agree.......But, you have to have rules that make the class affordable, and policeable......

509 cu in max
    5450 to 5800 max RPM (pick it, but over 5800 the engines do not live long)
    hydraulic lifters
    9.0 to 1 compression
    and ??????

But, as far as what else has changed, the unlimited modification to ECM's has changed.

And it's not the one new boat, it's the one new team that is probably the bigger issue.....

14. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Paul thats pretty much the rules we have now, and a drive height.

15. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    please remember ,,WE DON'T HAVE MUCH SAY !!! THE ORG;S have their own agendas and say so , and manipulate as they see fit,,,, we all are trying to save the class as a whole,, we gave the power away two years ago,,the class is split into 3 groups,,and each group thinks their path is the way,,,
    Chris ,,is right,,one boat ,,( with NO MOLD ) admited by the builder,!! other 14 year old boats designs won,t fit back into their mold,
    ( bussell's ,,bottoms,,decks,,,ect,,) and the ones that didn,t do anything are fighting to keep up...so ,,,it is what it is ,,,find a place to fit in ,,don,t look at it as racing anymore,,just a place to meet some friends and run around in circles for awhile,,drink,,eat,,go home, and back to work. so you can come back and donate more money to a worthy cause,???
    THE FUTURE SO BRIGHT ,YOU BETTER WEAR SHADES,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

16. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Paul thats pretty much the rules we have now, and a drive height.
    Yep, very close. Just no RPM limit or stock ECM rule.

The best answer is probably the maximum torque rule when checked by an on board torque gauge, combined with rpm and gps data. Then there is probably no way to fool all three.

I'm not sure where they stand on the torque gauge project. Steve may know.

17. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    ( don,t look at it as racing anymore,,just a place to meet some friends and run around in circles for awhile,,drink,,eat,,go home, and back to work. so you can come back and donate more money to a worthy cause,???
    :
    Your,e sense of humor is much better since you lost that xtra weight at the the cranes LOL