Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Season's over now what??
    Charter Member
    By now everyone is home, had a chance to unpack, KW 2011 certainly did not turn out the way I expected with the tragic loss of 3 Racer's!

So, Now what? where will the sport start the 2012 season? will there be more push for greater safety, speeds reduced, are we a step closer to unification.

or will it be business as normal??
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

2. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Well for us we learned a lot our first yr in SVL, so its time now to take what we have learned and put it to good use. Time to start testing and then test somemore, JacksonVille will be here before you know it. As far as I know there won't be any rule changes in our class so the rules are set and the schedule is out for 2012. We will take advantage of the off season to get ready, because there is no lay me downs in SVL for sure.

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I certainly hope a maximum RPM limit is put in. Otherwise the, "Just Don't Get Caught" teams will ruin the class.

I believe this goes for Super Vee, Super Vee Light, and Super Cat Light.

If all could get together on the exact same engine plan, all of those classes could take off like they should.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

Competitor
    As far as I know there will be no change on the RPM rule, there is no way to check it. This way it is fare for everyone, if u limit it and cant check it then the boats that dont get caught have an advantage. Now we all know where we can go.

The SC had a meeting with all the other big cats while in KW so you might see something come out of that, I know they will be working on the off season to try and combine classes with the European boats.

I dont think you will see SV in SBI again atleast not for a while. But SVL, and SCL will be racing the rules that r in place. We have to stay with the rules and try not to change them every yr. so the you can build what you need for the class.

5. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Pete,

When you say Unification why r u talking about...? OPA is mostly P class racers and doesnt race that many spec classes. When the OPA boats ran NY and KW they fit very well in P4 and the rest of the P classes work I think. The big issue we have with the P class is OPA P4 and SBI P3 and I think that would be easy for SBI to fix. SBI P3 needs to go to 90 mph and I think that would work but that would be up to the racers I dont think you will see a change with out input from interested teams.

6. Collapse Details

Competitor
    From what I can see you will have 3 real strong spec classes next yr. SVL, SS, and SCL from the boats we had this past yr and some new ones coming on line should be some great racing. As far as the rule all seem pretty good with what we have, is it perfect no but works for now. Closest we have been in a long time.

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Frisini Motorsports will offer a new Super V Light class racing version of its 30’ Vendetta V-bottom. Tagged the 30 Vendetta SVL Race, the single-engine model—a Mercury Racing 525EFI engine is standard for the class—will retail or $65,000 "plus power," according to a press release from the New Jersey-based company, which builds all its models, including the Sonic and Spectre lines, in Fort Pierce, Fla.

”We are always looking for an affordable way to get our customers into a quality boat,” said John Cunningham, the company’s head of sales and marketing, in the release. “This will give a lot of people the opportunity to own a performance boat that they can take to the races if they choose.”

In addition to the dedicated race version, the 30-footer will be offered with a removable hardtop and rear seating so customers can race on Sunday and boat on Monday. Standard equipment will include a full race canopy, race seats and a roll cage.

8. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Ill tell you what I mean, How many races do you think you will have 7 or more SVL 's running in??? Just because they are registered, doesnt meant they will make the trip, how many trips to the north will you make?? having rules in place is great but until the RPM's are controlled and Checked you will have teams say screw racing there! SCL has the same issue with the ECU's. It's time to put a end to the BS and make the racing fair, Safe, and a open door to all not a open door to the largest check book!
    Last edited by Pete B; 11-20-2011 at 09:56 PM.

9. Collapse Details

Competitor
    From what I can tell we will have 6-7 boats running most of the SBI schedule. We plan on a conferance call soon to decide what races we r going to run. From the looks of it they will be Fla races because of the cost for us to run local with 6 fla races it will give us some to pick from. With the economy the way it is a lot of team will have to decide how many races and where they can race. From the teams I spoke to the economy will determine what races they race not RPM's.
    I think with 6-7 boats we should be able to put on a good show, but its early and time will tell who can really afford to race. I know we ran the full SBI schedule last yr. and I dont think we r going to be able to do that again if thing dont change, its not only the money its the time away from our business .
    Last edited by XtremeRacing; 11-20-2011 at 10:16 PM.

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    As far as I know there will be no change on the RPM rule, there is no way to check it.
    It is extremely easy to check, and foolproof. Check with the Jr. Dragster guys. Or with Bob Teague.....

If you are not willing to tech the engines for intake port work, head port work, and rocker arm changes, you really need to monitor the RPM. With the rules you put into place last year on compression, and cu in, you are close.

Unless you are willing to invoke the drive height parity rule as the rules currently call for to be implemented......

11. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    Frisini Motorsports will offer a new Super V Light class racing version of its 30’ Vendetta V-bottom. Tagged the 30 Vendetta SVL Race, the single-engine model—a Mercury Racing 525EFI engine is standard for the class—will retail or $65,000 "plus power," according to a press release from the New Jersey-based company, which builds all its models, including the Sonic and Spectre lines, in Fort Pierce, Fla.

”We are always looking for an affordable way to get our customers into a quality boat,” said John Cunningham, the company’s head of sales and marketing, in the release. “This will give a lot of people the opportunity to own a performance boat that they can take to the races if they choose.”

In addition to the dedicated race version, the 30-footer will be offered with a removable hardtop and rear seating so customers can race on Sunday and boat on Monday. Standard equipment will include a full race canopy, race seats and a roll cage.

That looks sweet......

12. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Thanks Pete....Awesome looking boat very sleek.

13. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    Ill tell you what I mean, How many races do you think you will have 7 or more SVL 's running in??? Just because they are registered, doesnt meant they will make the trip, how many trips to the north will you make?? having rules in place is great but until the RPM's are controlled and Checked you will have teams say screw racing there! SCL has the same issue with the ECU's. It's time to put a end to the BS and make the racing fair, Safe, and a open door to all not a open door to the largest check book!
    Easy Pete....I went down this road once!!!!! call me and I will tell you what I was told!!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

14. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Frank,
    you're counting ability is questionable, 70 boats in KW?? lol, if there are 7 boats at the florida races that is great, but why would they show up to chase the white boat around?? when the field is even, the race for 6th and 7th are more intresting. It is obvious you are the spokesman for the group, are the rest following you like sheep??

15. Collapse Details

Competitor
    I'm not the leader of anything, what I posted was from conversations I have had with the other SVL teams that want to race. We know its not perfect but we r working on making it better, some of what u have know nothing about.

That was pretty childish and a S***ty thing to say Pete and no reason for it, I dont think any of the SVL teams r sheep and I'm sorry u do but i guess u can think what you want. Then u wonder why nothing postive gets down, good job buddy the thread is yours now have fun with it. You dont want to hear the truth just be negitive.

There were more active SVL running this yr then the last 3 yrs. so I guess it cant be all that bad, but I'm sure all your positive comments will fix that.You dont even have a dog in the fight so not sure what ur beef is ???? Why dont you lay out the better plans for SVL that the other Orgs. have for us to run and we can all look at it and decide. All I posted is what we have talked about and most likely going to do sorry you dont like it dont know what to tell you, the question was asked by you . But I guess if you dont like what u hear its OK to bash and be negitive.

Like I said its all u buddy knock yourself out, you own this tread now.

16. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Why is it so hard to make a rule, buy the equipment and keep teams in Check????? you always seem to have the answers till some common sense is applied, and questions ask! is it money that is preventing the rules from being enforced?? lack of Knowledge?? Miklos has been a front runner for a long time, and very knowledgeable in the areas in question. so why not make it so everydog can hunt!

17. Collapse Details

Pete, to give you a direct answer to your question, it will be business as normal
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

18. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I doubt that.

Even without a RPM max rule (which I still believe is needed), they current drive height parity rule calls for lowering the X dimension on the Doc's boat.You have four boats within 4 mph, then the Fountain at a plus 5mph minimum on their fastest....

19. Collapse Details

Bottom line nobody is going to run with the fountain, in my opinion they kept a comfy lead in Fridays race with sun print, Randy was left in the dust 3/4 track back, in Sunday's race Randy was running where Steve was same comfy distance back, the fountain wasn't at full throttle, it has more than it is showing. This is obviously just my opinion, and this topic has been beaten to death. Bottom line, if the fountain is running, everyone else is battling for the coveted second place finish...
    Your only hope of beating it is if they break, which to my knowledge hasn't happened in two seasons of hard racing. They prepare and test more than any team out there, and maintain the boat like nobody else. The boat has more r&d done on it than the rest of the fleet combined. Nothing in the svl group can touch it at this point.

Just stating the obvious here. Until somebody comes out with a better mousetrap, that mouse is uncatchable...

20. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    It certainly is a fast boat.

In the first heat on Wednesday, when it was being pushed by Sun Print, they caught and went past the P3 boats that had started a half of the back straight earlier, in less than a half lap. Then, once they had opened up the lead on Steve, still averaged over 2mph faster than the fastest P3 boat for the entire race. Winning both P3 and SVL for that race, (One Race, Two First Places)......