Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    You could see increased lift and duration to a lesser level in the boat (not an ez task at race site). You need to remove cam after noting how it was timed and put it in a cam doctor to really see it's profile. Things like stiffer pushrods increased cam tunnel diameter can allow you to move the HP peak higher up in the RPM range. The crane cam also most likely is not at the highest tolerances so a CNC cut cam would be more consistent.

Steve

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So that is something that is almost impossible to catch on an ongoing basis?????

I'll keep asking around. You, George, and Tyler should hook up for a long dinner down there at the show and discuss these things.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    personally ,,if I owned a SUPER V LITE SERIES ,,the only parity rule that would MAKE RACING CLOSE ,,GOOD TO WATCH,,FUN TO RACE IN ,,,,IS no matter what boat wins ,,it would lower the x by 1/2 inch of what they just raced !!! eventually you will end up with 4 or 5 boats withen 1/2 mph ,,,and the finals or worlds would be the best racing in offshore, because of the number of boats racing ,,,,my 2 cents as a previous owner, promoter,,,,you need a show ! to attract sponsors,,,new teams,,,ect,,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

4. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Interesting point George...