Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

All in good fun, people.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ya gotta admit, nice hijack!!!!!!!
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

My post was on topic. He wants I/Os.

You hijacked it.

4. Collapse Details

revised - now looking for i/o with outboard for trolling motor. prefer a single 300x for walleye fishin'

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mgh View Post
    revised - now looking for i/o with outboard for trolling motor. prefer a single 300x for walleye fishin'

6. Collapse Details

got to be the first one to the secret spot

7. Collapse Details

Wait a minute.... if the spot is secret, wouldn't you get there first at any speed?

8. Collapse Details

thats what she said

9. Collapse Details

Hey, what do you have now? (Or last time.)

10. Collapse Details

looking for a nice 24/28 with big power, hyd steering, the good stuff. fair price too! just because you dumped 10k into a boat you bought for 15k, does not mean you list the boat at 30k. or does it?

11. Collapse Details

If you consider investing 10k in the maintenance and upkeep of a classic offshore boat "dumping" then this may not be the hobby for you. And, you may not want to take on a classic offshore from someone who didn't keep on top of things, and ultimately values the piece. Otherwise, a great deal is likely a pending restoration. You have two categories of classic offshore boats. 1) Those that have been recently restored. 2) Those that need to be restored.

If you are truly looking for a "hidden gem" that isn't listed, adjust your budget. Especially if you expect a 28 with twins and all "the good stuff." It can take easily 75k and many, many hours to really bring one back to whatever people like to call turnkey. Especially with twin "big power." Nobody who knows what they have will sell a gem to you for 20k unless they have a crack habit.
    A 28 twin in this category is heavy. Especially with "the good stuff." The minute you own it, you are in the trucking business. Your combined rig weight will likely be 18,000lbs with an appropriate tow vehicle. Another 1,000lbs for fuel.

I imagine that you are frustrated with this search, as I notice that it has been going on for over a year. Good luck. I just have to believe that one day, you will find a boat for sale.

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    looking for a nice 24/28 with big power, hyd steering, the good stuff. fair price too! just because you dumped 10k into a boat you bought for 15k, does not mean you list the boat at 30k. or does it?
    You can pretty much figure that most high performance boats are worth what they would be worth book stock, plus 1/2 of the price of the additional upgrades minus labor.

13. Collapse Details

As a friend recently told me "Twenty grand? Not a bad price. Put another sixty in it and you'll have a damn nice forty-thousand dollar boat".

This is a rough sport. Easy to spend alot more than you planned. And all these "bargains" out there- some just arent. Value is value. The way information travels these days it's tough not to know what something is worth. You may catch a guy asleep. But sometimes your haste to pounce on that "deal" makes you take shortcuts in order to not get scooped by someone else. Those repo lots aren't flush with highly maintained boats, if you know what I'm saying.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    I saw in another thread that he was looking for I/Os. Besides, everybody knows that outboards are for queers.
    Those is fightin' words, car motors are for cars, outboards are for boats

15. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    As may have stated what is the tow vehicle?? dont put the cart before the horse.

also are you willing to travel to look at it sea trail, and transport home??

if there are no boats you like in your area, but dont want to travel to find something you like you may have to do without!
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    Those is fightin' words, car motors are for cars, outboards are for boats
    Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    All in good fun, people.
    Whew. Thank God that it was all in good fun.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by C35 View Post
    As a friend recently told me "Twenty grand? Not a bad price. Put another sixty in it and you'll have a damn nice forty-thousand dollar boat".
    This post should be required reading in the offshore boat owner class.

18. Collapse Details

Looks like the race is on...will I finish the powerplay first or will MGH buy a boat first LOL MGH - what happend to the one you were having surveyed?

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage View Post
    Looks like the race is on...will I finish the powerplay first or will MGH buy a boat first LOL MGH - what happend to the one you were having surveyed?
    to sum things up. i had darryl campbel survey it for me. the boat had elevated moisture in the transom, so i asked the seller if he would make any concessions...he did not return my email or phone or text messages for 3 days. i got a email back saying the boat is not for sale.

the seller never answered my calls to discuss a happy medium for him as a seller and me as a buyer, as I do not know many buyers who would expect a transom to have elevated moisture and that not be an issue. long story short, the guy just fell through. my credit union needed a copy of the title to release a check to me, he never sent it.

when darryl was on his way to do the survey (3 hr drive) the seller called him when he was half way there trying to call of the survey. darryl continued on, and did his job..as he should. something sounded fishy about this. the seller agreed on our sale price through email, pending survey results of coarse and a water test. the guy is deffinetly not a stand up guy. would not even return or answer his cell phone/work phone or emails.

about the price of boats, yes i have been watching the market..i see a lot of this stuff going on

"boat sold last year to a member on the forums for say 30k, new seller relists boat for 35k"

people remember this activity, especially the ones like me who watch for used boats, and ask whats the price increase for???...new seller says, this is a good deal and gets bent out of shape.

how does buying a boat, using it for a year (logging hours) and putting gas it in, increase the value 5k.

we have an offshore in the family, so i know what it costs to maintain and enjoy the sport. and i know what you put in $$ you'd be lucky to get .25 on the dollar for, (if you really intend on selling). not a fire sale...but being a seller with some kind of motivation (whether it is upgrade, or getting out of sport, whatever it is).

another example, someone who spends money on engine upgrades or rebuild. say you spend 10k, you bought the boat for 30k, so you list it for 42/45k??? c'mon -- a buyer is not going to pay you for your labor, well atleast not a smart one!

20. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Phoenix makes a nice road trip this time of year.....

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/boa/2662482588.html