Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Thanks Guys.... Boats done for winter and getting ready to pull the drives. Saxman, i found a set of #3A's. What do ya think??? BMAXS are still doing well for now!!

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by endeavor1 View Post
    Thanks Guys.... Boats done for winter and getting ready to pull the drives. Saxman, i found a set of #3A's. What do ya think??? BMAXS are still doing well for now!!

Got 3A's on ours. Bill and Patty didn't like the way it handled. But, they never broke... There is one other out there with 3A's also. Saxman knows about it. I believe it came that way from the factory, where ours was done by Dollar after....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Got 3A's on ours. Bill and Patty didn't like the way it handled. But, they never broke... There is one other out there with 3A's also. Saxman knows about it. I believe it came that way from the factory, where ours was done by Dollar after....
    I spoke to the guy with the 43SC with 3's on OSO. His boat was built with 3A's like u said. He said hes running 1100s and has never broke a single drive!!! Now that is what I need Why did Bill and Patti not like the handling? was it docking, getting on plane, ???

4. Collapse Details

The other boat that had 3a's was originally rigged with bravos, but dollar did the conversion on that to! Gary Gallant was his name, was a good friend of my dads. Haven't heard from him in years. I rode in his boat and with cobra 700's and 3a's it was a solid 80mph+. It didn't handle bad, it did have a slight hop to it over 65, but not bad.

The big thing is having a good new set of props. Either new mercs or herrings. Don't even mess around with old used props. It just isn't worth it..... we've tried. The difference in new prop technology is amazing. New merc 850hp rated 5 blades are probably the way to go, and it would probably take the hop out of it as well. Be faster too......

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I've gone over the setup on ours with Steve David. We have a couple of things that he saw stood out as probably no's. One is they ran silent choice with exhaust coming out 4, 4" outlets in the notch. The outside two are directly in front of the drives. The exhaust outlet is 1 1/2 inch long stainless tube. Messy water and who knows what else it does. Not a good design.

The other looks to be prop diameter maybe giving the stern too much lift.

Bill said you needed three hands.....

6. Collapse Details

Well, let me get to cracking on this boat over the winter and see what i have for next year!!! Who knows

7. Collapse Details

Banned
    I would go with 5's , same gears and shaft,,,but u gain drive hight and speed !!!!!

8. Collapse Details

I've gone over the setup on ours with Steve David. We have a couple of things that he saw stood out as probably no's. One is they ran silent choice with exhaust coming out 4, 4" outlets in the notch. The outside two are directly in front of the drives. The exhaust outlet is 1 1/2 inch long stainless tube. Messy water and who knows what else it does. Not a good design.

The other looks to be prop diameter maybe giving the stern too much lift.

Bill said you needed three hands.....
    Nor-Tech has their special exhuast on the cats that comes out right in front of the lower units on the drives. Actually having it exit through the notch makes it really quiet. A pretty cool design. Nor-Tech did a 38' boat with exhuast coming out the notch. It works really well.......

9. Collapse Details

I am the one with the 3A' from the factory. Been great drives. My boats getting a new tramson because it was loaded with water. Boat was rigged by Bobby Moore not blackthunder. He did not seal the exhaust holes. Bad job. I am re-rigging with #6 dry-sumps. Let you know how it goes. All my 3A' stuff is for sale.

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by insatiable V View Post
    I am the one with the 3A' from the factory. Been great drives. My boats getting a new tramson because it was loaded with water. Boat was rigged by Bobby Moore not blackthunder. He did not seal the exhaust holes. Bad job. I am re-rigging with #6 dry-sumps. Let you know how it goes. All my 3A' stuff is for sale.
    Sweet, and welcome to Serious......

We will be very curious of the differences in handling/performance etc.

Why going to all the work of 6's when 5's would fit in the same setup?

11. Collapse Details

Welcome to SOS!!

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by insatiable V View Post
    is your boat the purple one with the the yellow lightning strip down the side then? Cobra 750's? Do you know if Gary Gallant origianlly owned your boat?

Any pics?

13. Collapse Details

Well, let me get to cracking on this boat over the winter and see what i have for next year!!! Who knows
    For sale? What are you looking for next?

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    For sale? What are you looking for next?
    Not Sure yet. Considering the 43 gt that Bob has sitting there waiting to be rigged. Its setup for trips but that can change. Just keeping my eyes out for stuff. Really want to stay with a BT though. The boat is "for sale" not must sell so we'll see what happens.

15. Collapse Details

Not Sure yet. Considering the 43 gt that Bob has sitting there waiting to be rigged. Its setup for trips but that can change. Just keeping my eyes out for stuff. Really want to stay with a BT though. The boat is "for sale" not must sell so we'll see what happens.
    what power would you want?

16. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    what power would you want?
    Maybe we could have 3 #6 BT's at the shootout next year......

17. Collapse Details

Not sure on the power. probably in the 750 range. Just depends on what available when or mainly if i get going on a new project.

As far as s BT shootout, i dont want anything to do with the Saxmans PSI blowers or spikers Monster 46. lol Ill keep you guys informed on how it progresses

18. Collapse Details

Not sure on the power. probably in the 750 range. Just depends on what available when or mainly if i get going on a new project.

As far as s BT shootout, i dont want anything to do with the Saxmans PSI blowers or spikers Monster 46. lol Ill keep you guys informed on how it progresses
    Wanna buy ours?

19. Collapse Details

Wanna buy ours?
    If i did that, what would you guys build. Thats the scary part....

20. Collapse Details

If i did that, what would you guys build. Thats the scary part....
    A pontoon.......