Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by B.Z. View Post
    I am in I just to change the oil in my sled and drink beer...no order
    Dont forget we need to clean up the trailer!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    oil changes are overrated. Going on 13k miles on the cop cars oil and filter. 226k miles and purrs like a kitten. Only had to add one quart since last oil change! Might change it this week though, if i have time. Now if only I can find out why it does a 6k rpm neutral drop when attempting to downshift at full throttle while passing someone, i'd be happy. Damn Ford Trannys are junk.
    I hope your using synethetic oil with those oil change intervals. Just ask GM what happens when you follow the extended drain intervals on mineral oil!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    I hope your using synethetic oil with those oil change intervals. Just ask GM what happens when you follow the extended drain intervals on mineral oil!
    I dont know what kind of oil is in it. I think autozone brand. Thats the beauty of a beater.

My maintainance schedule on my beater car is better than Ryan's. his 1995 F150 now has 275k miles, and when the lifters start tapping/knocking, he adds a few quarts.

I remember years ago, my sisters friend bought a brand new Pontiac grand prix GTP in 98. She asked me to change her oil for her. So i brought it in the garage, and pulled the drain plug. Out came about a 3/4 of a quart of black sludge. I said wtf, when was the last time you had the oil changed???? She said she NEVER had it changed since new!! the car had like 23k miles on it at the time, and was like 3 years old. I suggested trading it in, but she kept it for a few more years after that.

4. Collapse Details

Oil is overrated!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post
    Whose bringing the guns?
    Just saw this on my trip the other day. Thought this would make you proud. In a Ferry terminal no less.

Got tons of shi$$ to post on facebook, but China govt blocks it, and youtube too, believe it or not. I'll post a ton this Friday my return.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01899.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Maybe at the party you boys can conger up something to give this a race ...
    Yup actually lots of these mini dump trucks running around, and "road legal", or meaning they really don't care.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01979.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

OR how about moped races WITH the kids.... no helmets of course.... Nobody wears them....
    Actually seen 3 (mom, older kid, baby) on 1, and even 3 yr olds standing in the trays up front.....
    AND the driving here makes Chicago or NewYork look like Pansie A$$ woosies. There is a HIGH puker factor..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01998.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

I dont know what kind of oil is in it. I think autozone brand. Thats the beauty of a beater.

My maintainance schedule on my beater car is better than Ryan's. his 1995 F150 now has 275k miles, and when the lifters start tapping/knocking, he adds a few quarts.

I remember years ago, my sisters friend bought a brand new Pontiac grand prix GTP in 98. She asked me to change her oil for her. So i brought it in the garage, and pulled the drain plug. Out came about a 3/4 of a quart of black sludge. I said wtf, when was the last time you had the oil changed???? She said she NEVER had it changed since new!! the car had like 23k miles on it at the time, and was like 3 years old. I suggested trading it in, but she kept it for a few more years after that.
    Oil is overrated!
    You can't fix stupid. As den would say thats job security!

9. Collapse Details

I have to say my method has worked for me. I buy older trucks, drive the crap out of them, run into thing on purpose, never change the oil, and joey uses them to test spary paint on. The best part they are never in the shop always good runners till the body falls off then they go to the junk yard and i buy another one.

Thats just how i roll baby

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by paulb32 View Post
    OR how about moped races WITH the kids.... no helmets of course.... Nobody wears them....
    Actually seen 3 (mom, older kid, baby) on 1, and even 3 yr olds standing in the trays up front.....
    AND the driving here makes Chicago or NewYork look like Pansie A$$ woosies. There is a HIGH puker factor..
    Usa is too pussified in my opinion.. adults wearing bike helmets just going down the block with their kids makes me laugh.
    I don`t own a bike helmet I don`t wear a lamebelt.. errr seatbelt.. and I`m still here.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cig Flat Deck View Post
    I have to say my method has worked for me. I buy older trucks, drive the crap out of them, run into thing on purpose, never change the oil, and joey uses them to test spary paint on. The best part they are never in the shop always good runners till the body falls off then they go to the junk yard and i buy another one.

You coming down or what

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cig Flat Deck View Post

Yes..no fancy 3k dollar injector jobs, 2k dollar egr cooler/oil cooler jobs, injection pumps leaving you stranded Otw to loto.....if the bills over 500.00 bucks junk it! I have less than 4g in the old Chevy dually. Several south haven trips, and other long Tows....8mpg towing with the ac on!

13. Collapse Details

Yes..no fancy 3k dollar injector jobs, 2k dollar egr cooler/oil cooler jobs, injection pumps leaving you stranded Otw to loto.....if the bills over 500.00 bucks junk it! I have less than 4g in the old Chevy dually. Several south haven trips, and other long Tows....8mpg towing with the ac on!
    Don't hate. How many new Ford trucks have you bought? Mines paid for and running great with 180 k on it.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Don't hate. How many new Ford trucks have you bought? Mines paid for and running great with 180 k on it.
    I bought two Brand New Superdutys in 2004. One was a 6.0 King Ranch 4x4, the other was a 5.4L Crew cab lariat 4x4. I bought a used 99 V10 Superduty in 2001. Liked the V10 engine. I only owned the 5.4 Truck for a year. 13mpg empty, 7-8mph towing a 25ft boat. Nice unit, but power was dismal. The 6.0 King Ranch was a nice truck, really liked it other than the few issues I had. Ball Joints all were shot at 60k miles, along with the front locking hubs, and some other thing. That was a 1500 dollar bill if i remember right. Truck went in for blowing coolant out the exhaust while towing. Went in to Westfield Ford the first time, replaced egr cooler. Still did it. Went to Currie ford the second time, replaced EGR cooler, still did it. Went to Ford dealer in indiana, replaced egr cooler and oil cooler. Still did it. Finally, it was out of warranty, problem still there. From day one I suggested that i thought it needed headgaskets, every single service writer came back and said it wasn't, and it was the EGR cooler. However the problem was still there. I could drive 1000 miles, and not use any coolant. Hook a sled trailer or boat to it, and in 300 miles I would go thru a gallon of coolant. Sounds to me like the headgaskets couldnt take the sustained boost pulling a load. Either way, I decided to sell it, and get something i can fix myself. Oh, and A/C crapped out at 40k miles.

Not hating on Fords in particular, cause they all break. Hell, I think our hemi powered Jeep Cherokee overland is a heap too. 45k dollar jeep with many trips to the dealer. The lifetime powertrain deal makes me sleep better at night though..However, as of lately, I'm just not feeling it to walk into a dealer and drop another 50-60k on a pickup truck. Unless they start getting 20mpg towing a boat, I'll stick to a old truck. Even when my 6.0 ran fine, I still could barely get 10mpg towing boat or sled trailer.

I did have a fuel pump crap out on the old dually. While it was a pain to drop the tank, total cost was 40 bucks in parts for a pump and some new fuel line hoses. Granted if i needed a truck for anything other than towing the boat, the 21 year old truck wouldnt be my first choice! Definitly not making any social statements with the red chevy, but I don't give a $hit about that anymore. Its got a/c, cruise, power windows and locks, and a am/fm cassette. What more can a guy want! It is the Silverado package! lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails phone pics 069.jpg   phone pics 129.jpg   phone pics 050.jpg  

15. Collapse Details

Hell yeah Joe I say hell yeah!!!

16. Collapse Details

Usa is too pussified in my opinion.. adults wearing bike helmets just going down the block with their kids makes me laugh.
    I don`t own a bike helmet I don`t wear a lamebelt.. errr seatbelt.. and I`m still here.
    I remember the good old days of sitting on moms lap riding shotgun in the car, nobody thought twice about it. All of my parents friends smoked in the house when they came over
    . We used to ride bikes without helmets, knee pads, elbow pads, and chest protectors. Believe it or not we actually were able to get twinkies and cupcakes out of the vending machines in school and drank soda pop!

Think about this. All the dogooders out there who love buying scented candles to sooth them and make the house smell so refreshing.....tests were done that the amount of pollutants in the air inside a church that burned candles all day, were 10x that of the air along a freeway. So next time your worried about your kid getting cancer from some guy smoking a cigarette at a football game, think twice about lighting up that Apple spice candle you bought at bed bath and beyond. Most scented candles are petroleum byproducts. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

17. Collapse Details

Come for a ride with me sometime, I've got PLENTY of extra bikes. You'll wish you had a helmet. I generally laugh at those that ride my trails without one. You can usually tell a good rider vs. somebody that doesn't have a clue just by that simple a factor. Some of the crap I've seen you wouldn't believe...like a guy riding offroad with a 2 yr old on the handlebars (neither one with a helmet). I've seen enough experienced riders crash and break bones and enough broken helmets to know I'm wearing one. And NO, I don't think it should be a law (it is a law that anyone under 14 has to wear one...not that I ever did when I was a kid)...it should be left to common sense.

18. Collapse Details

I remember the good old days of sitting on moms lap riding shotgun in the car, nobody thought twice about it. All of my parents friends smoked in the house when they came over
    . We used to ride bikes without helmets, knee pads, elbow pads, and chest protectors. Believe it or not we actually were able to get twinkies and cupcakes out of the vending machines in school and drank soda pop!

Think about this. All the dogooders out there who love buying scented candles to sooth them and make the house smell so refreshing.....tests were done that the amount of pollutants in the air inside a church that burned candles all day, were 10x that of the air along a freeway. So next time your worried about your kid getting cancer from some guy smoking a cigarette at a football game, think twice about lighting up that Apple spice candle you bought at bed bath and beyond. Most scented candles are petroleum byproducts. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
    Joe, as I appreciate the points you make, I grew up the same way. Parents smoked in house, car etc, I never wore a bike helmet and didn't start wearing my seat belt until just recently. No one can make a comment about a kids safety unless they have one of there own!!!! I dont smoke in the house ever or car when JJ is on board. I think all the parents will agree with me, on this. Something changes when you drive mom and the little bundle of joy home from the hospital. That being said, JJ wears a helmet on his bike and wears a life jacket anytime he is around water. I love my son but Nikki and I are not trying to raise a vegtable! On the other hand he also rides sleds and 4 wheelers. I think we can all agree that I am a CRAZY mother fer! So his motorized activities are what some would deem UNSAFE! I gues to each there own!

19. Collapse Details

I bought two Brand New Superdutys in 2004. One was a 6.0 King Ranch 4x4, the other was a 5.4L Crew cab lariat 4x4. I bought a used 99 V10 Superduty in 2001. Liked the V10 engine. I only owned the 5.4 Truck for a year. 13mpg empty, 7-8mph towing a 25ft boat. Nice unit, but power was dismal. The 6.0 King Ranch was a nice truck, really liked it other than the few issues I had. Ball Joints all were shot at 60k miles, along with the front locking hubs, and some other thing. That was a 1500 dollar bill if i remember right. Truck went in for blowing coolant out the exhaust while towing. Went in to Westfield Ford the first time, replaced egr cooler. Still did it. Went to Currie ford the second time, replaced EGR cooler, still did it. Went to Ford dealer in indiana, replaced egr cooler and oil cooler. Still did it. Finally, it was out of warranty, problem still there. From day one I suggested that i thought it needed headgaskets, every single service writer came back and said it wasn't, and it was the EGR cooler. However the problem was still there. I could drive 1000 miles, and not use any coolant. Hook a sled trailer or boat to it, and in 300 miles I would go thru a gallon of coolant. Sounds to me like the headgaskets couldnt take the sustained boost pulling a load. Either way, I decided to sell it, and get something i can fix myself. Oh, and A/C crapped out at 40k miles.

Not hating on Fords in particular, cause they all break. Hell, I think our hemi powered Jeep Cherokee overland is a heap too. 45k dollar jeep with many trips to the dealer. The lifetime powertrain deal makes me sleep better at night though..However, as of lately, I'm just not feeling it to walk into a dealer and drop another 50-60k on a pickup truck. Unless they start getting 20mpg towing a boat, I'll stick to a old truck. Even when my 6.0 ran fine, I still could barely get 10mpg towing boat or sled trailer.

I did have a fuel pump crap out on the old dually. While it was a pain to drop the tank, total cost was 40 bucks in parts for a pump and some new fuel line hoses. Granted if i needed a truck for anything other than towing the boat, the 21 year old truck wouldnt be my first choice! Definitly not making any social statements with the red chevy, but I don't give a $hit about that anymore. Its got a/c, cruise, power windows and locks, and a am/fm cassette. What more can a guy want! It is the Silverado package! lol
    New trucks are STUPID expensive, but like my dad always told me ya have to pay to play. Hense why I drive a 04 truck with 180k!

20. Collapse Details

Mike Fountain, thats why I said" going down the block" cause I knew you`d chime in.
    Trail riding is a bit different than a flat sidewalk or a driveway doing circles no?

..and we don`t do helmets with the kids either but we do try to stress using two feet is best.. lol