Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by kvogt View Post
    Give Kirk at Elite Marine a call for gauges and custom panels. That where I got my gauges and custom panels. Kirk Jurnick 708-989-6017
    tell him I sent you.
    Kris Vogt
    Cool, thanks for the info. When I get around to the dash I will give him a call. Nice to have someone local to work with.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by kvogt View Post
    Give Kirk at Elite Marine a call for gauges and custom panels. That where I got my gauges and custom panels. Kirk Jurnick 708-989-6017
    tell him I sent you.
    Kris Vogt
    I will have to give Kirk a call. I didnt know he did panels too!!

3. Collapse Details

Registered
    Looks like I am gonna be doing an exhaust before the dash. Found a Eddie Marine kit for a good price.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
    and to be shopping for some kind of 30 or so footer "paul32 get the hint"
    Yup still lookin!!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by paulb32 View Post
    Yup still lookin!!
    if u dont need a cabin..and looking for a fast ROUGH WATER 30 footer.. i know one !!!

6. Collapse Details

I need a new 'toon or deckboat . . .

7. Collapse Details

Puke tanks, mechanical oil psi gauges....and some sledding.

8. Collapse Details

Got a chance to yank the engines this past weekend. Tore one down yesterday. Everything looked great. headgaskets looked brand new. Leakdown results were 10% or less, with leakage past rings. Valves sealing great. No signs of detonation, valve tuliping, or anything like that. Probably could have ran a few more seasons as is.

Always got slack from guys from running small blowers(too much heat), no intercoolers, single carb setup, etc, but it's been working that way for a long time, this summer was 7lbs of boost. Keep in mind these are only 460CI engines. Don't plan to change the recipe whatsoever, other than some wideband tuning of the jetting, and port matching the intakes to the heads, as there is quite a mismatch between the ports. I set the carbs up fat, to be safe, but wan't to get them dialed in a little better as to not wash down the cylinder walls with gas.

Other than that, I'd like to clean up the rigging and do some polishing of parts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo6.PNG   photo3.jpg   photo2.jpg  

photo1.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    Got a chance to yank the engines this past weekend. Tore one down yesterday. Everything looked great. headgaskets looked brand new. Leakdown results were 10% or less, with leakage past rings. Valves sealing great. No signs of detonation, valve tuliping, or anything like that. Probably could have ran a few more seasons as is.

Always got slack from guys from running small blowers(too much heat), no intercoolers, single carb setup, etc, but it's been working that way for a long time, this summer was 7lbs of boost. Keep in mind these are only 460CI engines. Don't plan to change the recipe whatsoever, other than some wideband tuning of the jetting, and port matching the intakes to the heads, as there is quite a mismatch between the ports. I set the carbs up fat, to be safe, but wan't to get them dialed in a little better as to not wash down the cylinder walls with gas.

Other than that, I'd like to clean up the rigging and do some polishing of parts.
    Thats good news! You'll really like the wideband for as it really takes the guess work out of tuning. Are you going to freshen up the rings and bearings or just put it back together?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by WETTE VETTE View Post
    Thats good news! You'll really like the wideband for as it really takes the guess work out of tuning. Are you going to freshen up the rings and bearings or just put it back together?
    I do plan to do hone/rings and bearings, heck they are out and whens a better time than now! Probably go with Total Seal brand rings

11. Collapse Details

Joe, use the Hellfire rings, get them .005 over and file fit em. Those pistons look a wee bit too rich.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    Joe, use the Hellfire rings, get them .005 over and file fit em. Those pistons look a wee bit too rich.
    Yes, I knew I was fat on the jetting. Plus last time they were ran, did a 20 minute idle into burns ditch harbor, then another 10+ minutes of idling in the ditch the next morning. Id imagine just cleaning up the afr would help alot. Never fouled a plug, but worried about diluting the oil and wearing those cylinder walls....

I saw those hellfire rings by speedpro, supposedly a good ring to use for nitrous, blowers, etc? Do you still have those b&m intakes Frank? I may be interested

13. Collapse Details

I can`t believe you`re running such a small blower, and only a single carb?! No intercoolers?! etc...

Its probably the miller light in a CAN! drinking messing with your thought process!

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post
    Its probably the miller light in a CAN! drinking messing with your thought process!
    You say this as if it tastes any better in a bottle.

15. Collapse Details

Take a closer look. I'm the guy with the schlitz! LOL

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    You say this as if it tastes any better in a bottle.
    All that pumkin tasting swill your drinking now a days must be going to your head

17. Collapse Details

Joe,

You gonna make a trip to see Jimmy V?

18. Collapse Details

Waxing the boat and paying the credit card company for all the gas and food from the summer season! It's hard work boating 6 times a week all summer long!

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Joe,

You gonna make a trip to see Jimmy V?
    I'd like to!

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    I saw those hellfire rings by speedpro, supposedly a good ring to use for nitrous, blowers, etc? Do you still have those b&m intakes Frank? I may be interested

That's the ring we use in our nitrous engine and my blower motors. Great rings and they last. I have the intakes, they're for 9.800 deck.