Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ttuton View Post
    I think I will try Livorsi for the dash and gauges. I remember reading about the saga you had with your dash.
    I can get GAFFRIG for a good deal.....just sayin'

2. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by 600sci View Post
    I can get GAFFRIG for a good deal.....just sayin'
    I have not looked into Gaffrig yet, but I will now. I will see if they have anything I like.

3. Collapse Details

I've got to do a good bilge cleaning and track down why I had gas on top of the intake manifold on my starboard engine. It did seem to be using a lot more gas than the port side, but I never smelled any nor did I see my oil level rise. And maybe get a set of those transome underwater LEDs.

My handlin will be a beer on a beach.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by WETTE VETTE View Post
    Aside from helping SC288 with his minor issues, I think I will add a speedo with a few more digits!
    A little birdie told me the vette is scary fast. Congrats on all the hard work

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    A little birdie told me the vette is scary fast. Congrats on all the hard work
    The birdie would be telling the truth! It aint a 32 footer running 80 in four footers, but 60 - 110 in 4 seconds on calm water is fun too!!

6. Collapse Details

I have not looked into Gaffrig yet, but I will now. I will see if they have anything I like.
    http://www.gaffrigperformance.com/Ga...OurCatalog.cfm

the thing about Gaffrig is that these are REAL fog and water proof not like Livorsi ( AUTOMETER ) because thats all they are , AUTOMETER gauges with a Livorsi dial...in fancy colors !

sorry...but true.

PS I told Mike Schultz ( presi from gaffrig ) to make some more colors and he is, the Catalog is a little outdated on the colors of gauges and bezels..so a phonecall will help !
    Just tell him Scotty said so..LOL

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Payton View Post
    I've got to do a good bilge cleaning and track down why I had gas on top of the intake manifold on my starboard engine. It did seem to be using a lot more gas than the port side, but I never smelled any nor did I see my oil level rise. And maybe get a set of those transome underwater LEDs.

My handlin will be a beer on a beach.
    Check the blower to manifold gaskets Mark. I had the same issue this summer with my blower gaskets. I had some fuel pushing out under boost past the o-ring. The early B&M blowers used a o-ring, they later changed to a gasket. Yours have a gasket. Dont get them thru summit or jegs, they are expensive. Call the Blower Shop, they are like 7 bucks a piece or so. Might need a little sealer on them. Gas will eat regular RTV, so use a fuel resistant sealer on the gasket surfaces.

8. Collapse Details

I think I will try Livorsi for the dash and gauges. I remember reading about the saga you had with your dash.
    I didnt have any issues with gauges, just panel itself getting done. I chose to go with the Autometer Marine Gauges. I went with the Silver with Chrome Race rims. I like the race rims better than the typical double lip style rims. Only thing I wish I would have done was went with Monster size gauges.

When shopping for the gauge packages, I have 15 gauges total. It was like 900 for autometer marine, and like 1500 for livorsi. Autometer makes gauge, livorsi customizes them. I had autometers in my past boats with no issues. The older gaffrigs that were in the Fountain when I got it, had spider cracked lenses on several of the gauges. They all worked fine though. I dont think they use the plastic lenses anymore though.

CPPERFORMANCE had a deal when I bought mine, I got a free bezel in any color with each gauge. So that was like 150 bucks worth of bezels for free with the order. That was cool!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0745.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by WETTE VETTE View Post
    The birdie would be telling the truth! It aint a 32 footer running 80 in four footers, but 60 - 110 in 4 seconds on calm water is fun too!!
    Agreed any clowndick can run fast in a 30' plus boat. It takes stones to do it in a smaller one.

10. Collapse Details

Joe your dash looks great. I agree the gaffrig guages of yester year were shotty at best. CP typically runs specials over the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    I didnt have any issues with gauges, just panel itself getting done. I chose to go with the Autometer Marine Gauges. I went with the Silver with Chrome Race rims. I like the race rims better than the typical double lip style rims. Only thing I wish I would have done was went with Monster size gauges.

When shopping for the gauge packages, I have 15 gauges total. It was like 900 for autometer marine, and like 1500 for livorsi. Autometer makes gauge, livorsi customizes them. I had autometers in my past boats with no issues. The older gaffrigs that were in the Fountain when I got it, had spider cracked lenses on several of the gauges. They all worked fine though. I dont think they use the plastic lenses anymore though.

CPPERFORMANCE had a deal when I bought mine, I got a free bezel in any color with each gauge. So that was like 150 bucks worth of bezels for free with the order. That was cool!

11. Collapse Details

Registered

Dash looks awesome! I am going to need to my dash panel painted and re-labeled. I was also thinking of having the holes opened up for bigger guages. Does anyone else do this besides Livorsi and the guy Mild used? As far as the gauges I am going to shop around and see who has the best looking gauge for the price. I only have a single engine so it should be rather reasonable.

12. Collapse Details

Finally all i have are some cosmetic things to do and new covers. First time in a while she went away running. So i guess i will be working on other boats

Dan I'm waiting !!!! already have the plywood, foam, and a couple ideas just need the boat. So whenever you are ready

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cig Flat Deck View Post
    Finally all i have are some cosmetic things to do and new covers. First time in a while she went away running. So i guess i will be working on other boats

Dan I'm waiting !!!! already have the plywood, foam, and a couple ideas just need the boat. So whenever you are ready
    Trust me, Ill find you something to do if you get bored. I have seen your carpentry work, and I like. Maybe you can make up all the new wood for my new interior before I get it covered. Not bad since we dont have to worry about making pieces for the engine hatches! Nice.

14. Collapse Details

Trust me, Ill find you something to do if you get bored. I have seen your carpentry work, and I like. Maybe you can make up all the new wood for my new interior before I get it covered. Not bad since we dont have to worry about making pieces for the engine hatches! Nice.
    wood..on interior ??????? Joe, use non roting matterials..NO wood.. that was 10+ years ago !

FOAM, CORECELL, PLASTIK !!!!!!! just sayin'

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 600sci View Post
    wood..on interior ??????? Joe, use non roting matterials..NO wood.. that was 10+ years ago !

FOAM, CORECELL, PLASTIK !!!!!!! just sayin'
    Thats what I meant, couldnt think of that plastic stuff they use nowdays that cuts like wood!

16. Collapse Details

I use star-board....

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by teamsynergy View Post
    I use star-board....
    star board is to heavy.. but yes, works !

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OBNOXUS View Post
    I was thinking of dropping on of Joeys 1200 into it !!!!
    With his economical single carb design, you'll actually get somewhere on the 30 gallons that boat will hold.

19. Collapse Details

Hope to get my 1952 rewired, and to be shopping for some kind of 30 or so footer "paul32 get the hint"

20. Collapse Details

Dash looks awesome! I am going to need to my dash panel painted and re-labeled. I was also thinking of having the holes opened up for bigger guages. Does anyone else do this besides Livorsi and the guy Mild used? As far as the gauges I am going to shop around and see who has the best looking gauge for the price. I only have a single engine so it should be rather reasonable.
    Give Kirk at Elite Marine a call for gauges and custom panels. That where I got my gauges and custom panels. Kirk Jurnick 708-989-6017
    tell him I sent you.
    Kris Vogt