Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1223
  1. Collapse Details

Pretty sure Nike planned this whole menagerie from the get go.....**** them and **** the NFL...
    Parabellum FJ²B

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Impressive

NBC announced a 13.4 overnight rating for the Super Bowl champion Eagles’ last-second win over the Falcons. That was down 8% from the 14.6 for Chiefs-Patriots last year, which itself was way down by 11% from a 16.5 for Panthers-Broncos the year before, which itself was down 7% from a 17.7 for Steelers-Patriots the year before that. A total drop of 24.3% over the past 3 years.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    After being a football fan most of my life. I'm over it. I hate end zone celebrations, I hate how every play ends with some player running and show boating, I hate how anthem thing has gone.

Its not about the game anymore. Its just a bunch BS .

4. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Totally agree. But, I still watch college games.

That may change too if this NFL and Nike crap moves to the college game.

You see where the one college got rid of all their Nike gear and said no more?

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Here's what's important and the media should recognize as such.

Widow of Fallen Officer Pens Powerful Open Letter to Nike That Goes Viral

On August 10, 2005, I was a newlywed with two young sons. My husband Tim and I had toasted our one month anniversary the night before, and I was enjoying a rare evening to myself, catching up on reading and relishing the quiet. Until there was a knock on my door. I had no way of knowing that the small act of turning a knob was about to shatter my life into a million pieces. I sat numb and in sheer disbelief as I was told that my husband, while in a foot pursuit and subsequent struggle with a suspect that ended up in the road, had been struck and killed by an oncoming vehicle. He took his last breath lying in the middle of the street.

What I lost in that moment is indescribable. I had to watch his mother be dealt the most agonizing blow a parent can face, and I couldn’t comfort her because I was in my own hell. I had to find a way to gut my own children in the gentlest way possible, and tell them that this man they had come to love, who they looked up to, who cared for them as his own, would never walk through our door again.

I don’t know if you’ve ever attended a police funeral, but watching grown men who’ve seen the absolute worst things a civilian can imagine, break down and sob over the casket of their brother is an image that never leaves you. The bagpipes haunt my dreams to this day, but it was the faces of my children, the innocence that abandoned them at such a tender age that brought me to my knees.

I had no choice but to move on. We trudged zombie-like through our days for weeks and weeks on end. I never left the house except to drive the boys to school, or buy food we barely touched. I realized that I had to do something. I had to move my body or I was going to crawl out of my own skin. So I put on the only cap I had and I went for a run. It was short, it hurt and it was ugly. But I felt, just for those few moments on that road, like a normal person. So I kept doing it. I put that hat on and I ran every day. Sometimes I had to stop and sit down because I was sobbing so hard. Sometimes I was so angry I ran until I thought I my heart would stop, sometimes I would just scream over and over again, but it still felt better than doing nothing.

That black cap became a symbol to me, it is sweat stained and it’s shape is gone, the buckle in the back barely closes; but that hat represents my family’s rise from the ashes. It stands for the strength and the sacrifice we made loving a man who had a job that we all knew could end his life, every time he walked out that door. And it did. And I accept that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	police widow nike cap.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	396.1 KB 
ID:	85821

But that right goes both ways. I also have a right to express my disgust at your decision to portray him as some kind of hero. What, exactly has Colin Kaepernick sacrificed? His multi-million dollar paycheck…? Nope, you already gave him one of those. His reputation? No, he’s been fawned over by celebrities and media alike. Funny, Tim Tebow was never called courageous when he knelt.

This man, whose contempt for law enforcement fits him like a…sock, has promoted an agenda that has been proven false time and time again, in study after study. But facts don’t seem to matter anymore. This man has thrown his support behind divisive anti-police groups, and donated money directly to a fugitive from justice who escaped prison after killing a police officer. I question the judgement of anyone who would put someone this controversial and divisive at the head of an advertising campaign, but it isn’t my company to run.

She said she didn’t know if she would ever get rid of the cap, “But I will tell you this, I’ll never purchase another Nike product as long as I live.”

And neither will I.

6. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Another Sunday not watching one minute of the NFL.

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries

Name:	nfl anthem knee.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	85828

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    ESPN's "Monday Night Football" TV problems continued this week, with the network suffering its lowest-ever overnight ratings for Week 2. If "MNF" continues to slide as a TV property, the question arises whether ESPN should heed Wall Street's advice and pursue other NFL TV packages down the road.

ESPN's telecast of the Bears' 24-17 win over the Seahawks drew an 8.2 overnight TV rating, according to Nielsen. That's down 5.7 percent from the 8.7 overnight for Giants vs. Lions during Week 2 last season. It was the lowest Week 2 overnight ever for ESPN, Austin Karp of SportsBusiness Daily reported.

9. Collapse Details

Name:	nfl-kansas-city-chiefs-logo-yellow_1600x1200_896-desktop-copy.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	283.2 KB 
ID:	85862

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I refuse to watch the NFL until they get a rule in place about honoring our vets and nation by standing during the National Anthem.

But, I saw on the news that Detroit beat Green Bay 31-0??????

Holy bat**** Batman!! How bad is Green Bay????

11. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Boy, Detroit sure blew it again. If they lost, they would have had the second pick in the draft. Now they move from where they were at with the number 5 pick down to number 8.

Geez...…………….

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Damn, one of the teams I wanted to win goes down.

I'm blaming the loss on Karma to Jimmy Buffet. He did a drop the mic ending on the National Anthem, so the ghosts of our military hero's got even for the lack of respect. Kinda like kneeling has done for Kapernick.

13. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I think it was here on the no call, with 1:48 left in regulation, where New Orleans could have run out the clock that did it. How many times do refs have to ruin the outcome of important games before they at least start to review every play within the 2 minute timeline like they do in college?

I'm thankful I did not watch any of the game, only heard about it after. The NFK keeps reminding me I made the right choice when I decided not to ever watch another game cause of the kneeling crap.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl...pot/ar-BBSvUSj

He also led with his helmet.

14. Collapse Details

I left at halftime to go to open gym. I wanted Suh’s team to go down. Bummer. Glad I didn’t stay home and watch it.

15. Collapse Details

There's no Joy in Muddville tonight !!!

Little Payback for 2009
    Parabellum FJ²B

16. Collapse Details

Blog Entries

Name:	new orleans robbed.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	86425

17. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    10-year-old proves Tom Brady is a cheater, wins science fair

https://nypost.com/2019/01/24/10-yea...-science-fair/

18. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    many things that make the news these days are not worthy of a report.

19. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    So, will a judge put a hold on the Super Bowl and rule the NFL has to enforce their own rules? The 3 lawsuits are still pending, even though the NFL has requested they be thrown out.

The main one has been moved to Federal Court and the judge has asked for more information before ruling. The NFL says it will cost them over $16 million to refund all of the ticket money spent on the title game and even more than that to postpone the Super Bowl and replay the end of the title game as the rule calls for.

The NFL has admitted the call was double blown, and fined the player for the illegal helmet to helmet hit.

I hope the lawsuit wins. It's the NFL's own rules they are once again refusing to enforce. Just like when they should have replayed the Deflategate game for cheating, according to their own rules.

20. Collapse Details

Blog Entries

Key rulings expected soon in NFC ‘do-over’ suit

By KEVIN McGill January 30, 2019

The NFL is saying it would cost over $120 million to replay the last 2 minutes of the game.