Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1223
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think the loss of draft choices, plus fines, should be appropriate for every club who refused to comes out of the locker room for the Anthem.......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    A Cleveland, Tennessee, business owner is pulling commercials from NFL broadcasts for the rest of the season due to ongoing player protests of the national anthem.

Allan Jones, CEO of Check Into Cash and suit maker Hardwick Clothes, said his companies “will not condone unpatriotic behavior.” More than 200 NFL players conducted protests during the national anthem last Sunday after President Trump called on the league’s owners to fire anyone who kneels during the pregame ceremony.

“For the 29 states we operate in, this isn’t much to them, but it’s a lot to us. The Tombras Group is our ad agency in Knoxville and our national media buyer for both TV and radio [for Check Into Cash] and don’t look for Hardwick on the NFL either,” Jones wrote on his Facebook page.

It’s unclear how many national advertisements Jones’ companies run on NFL broadcasts each season. Jones did not immediately respond to FOX Business’ request for comment.

Trump has repeatedly accused NFL players in recent days of disrespecting the flag and the country through their national anthem protests. The president warned this week that the league’s “business is going to hell” because of the ongoing demonstrations.

"I think the NFL is in a box; I think they're in a really bad box," Trump told reporters. "You look what's happening with their ratings, frankly, the only thing doing well in the NFL is the pregame because everybody wants to see what's going on.”

While the NFL’s television ratings are down 11% year-over-year through the first three weeks of the season, a league official denied earlier this week that the protests were impacting the NFL’s relationship with key corporate partners.

“We talk to our sponsors all the time, whether it’s raining or the sun is out. We’ve talked to them, we keep them informed. I haven’t heard of a single issue of a sponsor that is worried or has raised particular issue about the weekend,” NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart told reporters during a conference call Monday.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compa...jxP?li=BBnbfcL

3. Collapse Details

Because a few cops suck, we burn down our own neighborhood.
    And destroy our only means of acquiring wealth.
    We are the entitled yet oppressed players of the NFL.

When we are finished destroying our own league, we will find a new way to chit where we live.

4. Collapse Details

Black lady on facebook:

I've been having the hardest time falling asleep for about the last week. But I'm up thinking and wondering why we don't just create our own black owned professional sports leagues. Our people did it before. Why did we integrate where we weren't wanted in the first place? What would it take to recreate our own Negro Leagues? I think protesting/boycotting is a great start, but withdrawing totally would be a powerful move. Thoughts?

It is impossible to read this and not understand that integration failed because the black community wanted "separate but equal" all along.

5. Collapse Details

Registered
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2860.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	84591

6. Collapse Details

Blog Entries

Name:	Flag Knee 1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	84596

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    NO NFL TODAY!!!!

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    This may wake them up.

Hopefully the league follows their own rules and takes draft picks away from the teams who have made their entire roster participate.

Like Dallas and Pittsburg........

Name:	Nfl Anthem 2.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	84600

Name:	nfl anthem 1.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	84599
    Last edited by Ratickle; 10-02-2017 at 04:48 PM.

9. Collapse Details

Already forgot about NFL.

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries

NEW YORK (AP) — The National Football League is continuing a steady decline in audience, with its fourth week of games having the smallest audience on a weekend.

The Nielsen company said Tuesday the weekend’s nationally televised games averaged 13.8 million viewers, down from 14.8 million the week before. Opening week registered 16.3 million viewers and the second week had 15.8 million.

11. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Shock poll: NFL now least liked sport, core fans down 31%

Over just one month of player, coach, and owner protests of the flag and National Anthem, the National Football League has gone from America's sport to the least liked of top professional and college sports, according to a new poll.

From the end of August to the end of September, the favorable ratings for the NFL have dropped from 57 percent to 44 percent, and it has the highest unfavorable rating – 40 percent – of any big sport, according to the Winston Group survey provided exclusively to Secrets.

Worse for football, which was already seeing lower TV ratings and empty stadium seats, the month of protests and complaints about them from President Trump drove core fans, men 34-54, away, the most significant indicator that NFL brass aren't in touch with their base.

The Winston Poll from the Washington-based Winston Group found that the attitude of those fans went from an August rating of 73 percent favorable and 19 percent unfavorable to 42 percent favorable and 47 percent unfavorable, a remarkable turn against the sport.

Entire Article
    : http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sh...rticle/2636837

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    The really good news is I have more time to do stuff on Sunday now that I watch no NFL games.

13. Collapse Details

I finished my fence and finally started getting my garage cleaned up. I think the next two Sundays I will build a shed. #whatIdidinsteadofwatchnationalfelonleauge

14. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    It will be interesting to see what happens with the Cowboys.

15. Collapse Details

It will be interesting to not care what happens to the Cowboys. FNFL.

16. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Another Sunday with no NFL watching......

The protests by NFL players during the National Anthem have been hurting the league's television ratings since last year.

This season, as the protests have continued, the television ratings and ramifications for broadcasters have worsened.

More bad news for the NFL: an analyst for Credit Suisse yesterday downgraded his price and earnings per share targets for 21st Century Fox in part due to NFL ratings that are coming in below market expectations.

"We trim our 2018/19 EPS forecasts … ahead of Q1 earnings," analyst Omar Sheikh wrote in a note to clients Thursday. "The key near term headwinds are soft NFL ratings and the risk that the Sky transaction is blocked by UK regulators."

The downgrade comes at a time when the NFL is negotiating two important distribution deals that end after this season: Verizon's $250 million a year streaming agreement and the $450 million a year Thursday Night Football deal for games shared by CBS and NBC.

Through five weeks, the league's ratings are substantially lower this season, according to Nielsen data obtained by Sporting News.:

The league's average TV audience through Week 5 of the 2017 season dropped 7% vs. the same period of the 2016 season, and the average game audiences are down 18% compared to the first five weeks of the 2015 season. The NFL's average TV audience (including Sunday afternoon, Sunday night, Monday night and Thursday night games) slid to 15.156 million viewers through Week 5 of the 2017 season, down 7.42% from an average of 16.371 million viewers through the same period of the 2016 season, and 18% lower from the first five weeks of the 2015 season.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoza.../#51fd803655b1

17. Collapse Details

I don't think not watching football is enough. I'm testing an antenna to see if I can cancel cable and cut ESPN, CNN and MSNBC out of my wallet.

18. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Worried NFL TV networks ignore kneeling players in Week 6

Three weeks ago, the NFL's partner TV networks refused to show angry fans booing protesting players. Now, these worried networks are refusing to show any protests during the national anthem at all.

The TV partners flushed players' historic social justice protests down the memory hole in Week 6.

There were virtually no live shots of NFL players sitting, kneeling or standing Sunday during the playing of "The Star-Spangled Banner," much less footage of fans booing players.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...VxD?li=BBnb7Kz

19. Collapse Details

Last Sunday, I deep cleaned my master bed. Took bed out and vacuumed, everything. I forgot football was on.
    I also did the leaves and mowed. And started organizing a pile of stuff in the den.

At this point, it doesn't really matter whether these bitches stay on their knees or show some respect. Who cares.

20. Collapse Details

bitch

Might as well try ****.

Nope. Just bitch.