Quote Originally Posted by Hammer01 View Post
Agree, Joe, if you have ever driven next to one even in 1 ft chop, they often porpoise and that added with the weight, and HP's are a drive nightmare. My buddy used to have a 38 cig with big power and then went to the BT for cabin space and was upset with the ride. One can not argue tho that the cockpit and cuddy are great accomodations for those that spend the night on board and have guests during the day, it is a BIG boat!!! As I think Ratickle mentioned, they just started making it with trips in last several years and it took a lot of pressure off of just the twin setup which I think alleviated a lot of the drive issues. I love the double bolster setup myself, allows your guests to enjoy a great cruise!!!!
Pretty much what Tony J. from hammond said too when I asked him about the ride difference between his 41 apache and BT. His words were "no comparison". Of course comparing two different animals.

I can see the triples helping the drives live. As for the XR's holding up, I am pretty sure Mark from hammond has XR's on his 46. I do know the XR's werent doing to good behind BZ's 42 Fountain with stock 525's either. Ryan's dads old 386 Sonic with 575's liked to shear the vertical shafts in the bravo's too. I forget if they had standard bravo's or xr's. Now, in their 28 Checkmate, with twin 600's, the standard bravo's held up no problem.

With that being said, Mark's 46 in hammond is one AWESOME boat. I can't believe they dont spend more nights on it, the cabin in those things is bigger than a new york apartment! I know he been wanting to upgrade the drives with the ASD bravo conversion, that would make for a awesome setup.

Eric's 43 BT came with Bravos, and the previous owner upgraded to SSM V's. I think he has some Eddie young 750HP or so engines. I dont think that boat has had any drive issues since the SSM upgrade many years ago. He has a real nice setup there.