Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer01 View Post
    Agree, Joe, if you have ever driven next to one even in 1 ft chop, they often porpoise and that added with the weight, and HP's are a drive nightmare. My buddy used to have a 38 cig with big power and then went to the BT for cabin space and was upset with the ride. One can not argue tho that the cockpit and cuddy are great accomodations for those that spend the night on board and have guests during the day, it is a BIG boat!!! As I think Ratickle mentioned, they just started making it with trips in last several years and it took a lot of pressure off of just the twin setup which I think alleviated a lot of the drive issues. I love the double bolster setup myself, allows your guests to enjoy a great cruise!!!!
    Pretty much what Tony J. from hammond said too when I asked him about the ride difference between his 41 apache and BT. His words were "no comparison". Of course comparing two different animals.

I can see the triples helping the drives live. As for the XR's holding up, I am pretty sure Mark from hammond has XR's on his 46. I do know the XR's werent doing to good behind BZ's 42 Fountain with stock 525's either. Ryan's dads old 386 Sonic with 575's liked to shear the vertical shafts in the bravo's too. I forget if they had standard bravo's or xr's. Now, in their 28 Checkmate, with twin 600's, the standard bravo's held up no problem.

With that being said, Mark's 46 in hammond is one AWESOME boat. I can't believe they dont spend more nights on it, the cabin in those things is bigger than a new york apartment! I know he been wanting to upgrade the drives with the ASD bravo conversion, that would make for a awesome setup.

Eric's 43 BT came with Bravos, and the previous owner upgraded to SSM V's. I think he has some Eddie young 750HP or so engines. I dont think that boat has had any drive issues since the SSM upgrade many years ago. He has a real nice setup there.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    Pretty much what Tony J. from hammond said too when I asked him about the ride difference between his 41 apache and BT. His words were "no comparison". Of course comparing two different animals.

I can see the triples helping the drives live. As for the XR's holding up, I am pretty sure Mark from hammond has XR's on his 46. I do know the XR's werent doing to good behind BZ's 42 Fountain with stock 525's either. Ryan's dads old 386 Sonic with 575's liked to shear the vertical shafts in the bravo's too. I forget if they had standard bravo's or xr's. Now, in their 28 Checkmate, with twin 600's, the standard bravo's held up no problem.

With that being said, Mark's 46 in hammond is one AWESOME boat. I can't believe they dont spend more nights on it, the cabin in those things is bigger than a new york apartment! I know he been wanting to upgrade the drives with the ASD bravo conversion, that would make for a awesome setup.

Eric's 43 BT came with Bravos, and the previous owner upgraded to SSM V's. I think he has some Eddie young 750HP or so engines. I dont think that boat has had any drive issues since the SSM upgrade many years ago. He has a real nice setup there.
    No drive issues for me (knock on wood) and hope never to have any. It would be a very expensive day!! I suppose I could sell a kidney and one left shoe , Hah!

3. Collapse Details

I can see the triples helping the drives live. .
    Thats why Rich and Brett get away with what the do !!!!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Nevr2nd View Post
    Den, I'm sure it will, if you remember after leaving Kingdom City the "gas" powered truck was bringing up the rear.

I dont,,,,you and I were to far out front !!! lol

( yes I know I had Rich's truck )

5. Collapse Details

I had a 43 BT and a 38 top gun

BT great in big water but a bit harder ride but i went to Milwaukee and Chicago across the lake often and it was great boat for long weekend

TG was just a great boat in rough water hands down but no room below
    Everything is a tradeoff

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OBNOXUS View Post
    I dont,,,,you and I were to far out front !!! lol

( yes I know I had Rich's truck )
    LOL and the train was coming through!!!

I think someone sh*t themselves, bahahaha!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Nevr2nd View Post
    LOL and the train was coming through!!!

I think someone sh*t themselves, bahahaha!!
    Poor Cheryl,,,,,

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OBNOXUS View Post
    Poor Cheryl,,,,,
    Yeah poor Cheryl....but u were laughing as much as I was!!

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boatme View Post
    I had a 43 BT and a 38 top gun

BT great in big water but a bit harder ride but i went to Milwaukee and Chicago across the lake often and it was great boat for long weekend

TG was just a great boat in rough water hands down but no room below
    Everything is a tradeoff
    Compromise was Bravo's, wasn't it????
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!