Thread: Fall run pics.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Fall run pics.
    I know Todd has some good ones

I had a great time! Running to South Buffalo was awesome, perfect chop.

Heres Fontain Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIh5KUTY61Y

A little bit of everyone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGkPBbymxuo

Andy see what happens when you pass out

Marina shores

Some weiner

thats my boy!

After using up some fuel leaving the family at the dock and having some nice chop I was pretty excited to check my GPS

2. Collapse Details

Nice pics. Awesome day on the water. Marina shores was great. Thanks to mike reeves for driving to wette vettes house to pick up a msd box for me, since mine decided to take a crap. Obviously thanks to Craig for supplying the box too. Todd came thru this morning with his truck to help pull my 2wd dually up the rain soaked ramp. The Indiana guys really rock! Im content to put mine away now, ran its fastest speed ever, 83.6 mph, prob coulda Squeeked another mph or two with some trim, but still made me smile!

I think I can speak for Ryan also, I think you'll be seeing us on A dock at marina shores again next summer!

3. Collapse Details

I like that video of us running when I come from behind and Chase down the red Fontane towards the end!

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice stuff.......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

Cool pics and videos! The one shot if you'd panned a little more to the right mu boat would've been in the shot, sadly still on the lift. About the time you shot the videos I was watching a 1year old nephew tear into his first birthday cake. I guess that's important too, but he would never know if it's a few weeks late.

Good thing Andy doesn't sleep with his moth open.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post

I think I can speak for Ryan also, I think you'll be seeing us on A dock at marina shores again next summer!
    Joe, that would be awesome! We need a little more noise around there.

7. Collapse Details

I will concur that this weekend was fun!!! Actually I am looking to repeat this weekend at the end of the month if anyone is game... besides the cold at night... it was a great time! And yes, Andy is lucky he sleeps with his mouth shut and that we did not have a permanent marker... oh, this brings back college days...
    Last edited by teamsynergy; 09-19-2011 at 09:32 AM.

8. Collapse Details

Here are some various pics... I have more, but those will stay off the web lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2649.jpg   IMG_2650.jpg   IMG_2672.jpg  

IMG_2678.jpg   IMG_2688.jpg   IMG_2692.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

Nice pics. Awesome day on the water. Marina shores was great. Thanks to mike reeves for driving to wette vettes house to pick up a msd box for me, since mine decided to take a crap. Obviously thanks to Craig for supplying the box too. Todd came thru this morning with his truck to help pull my 2wd dually up the rain soaked ramp. The Indiana guys really rock! Im content to put mine away now, ran its fastest speed ever, 83.6 mph, prob coulda Squeeked another mph or two with some trim, but still made me smile!

No problem Joe....thanks Ryan for stopping to check on us and thanks for everyone calling to check on us....what I learned from Saturday is that I should of left my F***ing stock valve covers on as they had the baffles in them. I don't think I ever was able to get the oil hot enough over the Summer to boil off the moisture in it as I always had my daughter with us. Oh well gotta figure out how to mount some puke tanks neatly over the winter.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    No problem Joe....thanks Ryan for stopping to check on us and thanks for everyone calling to check on us....what I learned from Saturday is that I should of left my F***ing stock valve covers on as they had the baffles in them. I don't think I ever was able to get the oil hot enough over the Summer to boil off the moisture in it as I always had my daughter with us. Oh well gotta figure out how to mount some puke tanks neatly over the winter.
    Mike,
    Do you have room to pull the new covers off and put the old ones back on? Or would that be too much of a PITA? I know you mentioned that you would have to remove the manifolds I think....

11. Collapse Details

Hey Mike, can you add the tall breathers like these? They have steps inside to kinda act like baffles. I do believe you have the polished angle cut valve covers if I remember correctly.

http://teaguecustommarine.com/index....-breather.html

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by teamsynergy View Post
    Mike,
    Do you have room to pull the new covers off and put the old ones back on? Or would that be too much of a PITA? I know you mentioned that you would have to remove the manifolds I think....
    Yeah the Gils would have to come off to get at two of the nuts for the valve covers. CP Performance has a rubber grommet that has foam in it....but I am not sure if that would work or not. Also I did a search on OSO and it looks like people have had luck with the 4" tall breathers....they have a step design to them. Any other ideas? Strip Poker on OSO is running these?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...endations.html

http://www.petersonfluidsys.com/tank_acc.html

The only problem would be trying to route braided line or black hose neatly to make it work. We couuld use the existing breathers and run the hose to the can. I do not have room in the rear of the engine to mount these though...I would have to mount them on the extreme port or starboard side.

13. Collapse Details

evidently Todd likes playing with wieners

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    evidently Todd likes playing with wieners
    Obviously Andy likes falling asleep early...

BTW, I was just trying to be a good friend and make sure you didn't go nighty night on an empty stomach!!!
    Last edited by teamsynergy; 09-19-2011 at 09:54 AM.

15. Collapse Details

Hey Mike, can you add the tall breathers like these? They have steps inside to kinda act like baffles. I do believe you have the polished angle cut valve covers if I remember correctly.

http://teaguecustommarine.com/index....-breather.html
    I was going to give them a call....after looking on OSO it looks like alot of people have luck with these. My only question is how to they attach to the valve cover? I see that you are supposed to run a bead of silicone around them but not sure how they attach. And yes I do have the polished Teague valve covers.

16. Collapse Details

The only problem would be trying to route braided line or black hose neatly to make it work. We couuld use the existing breathers and run the hose to the can. I do not have room in the rear of the engine to mount these though...I would have to mount them on the extreme port or starboard side.
    Problem with the stock style push in breathers in my experiance, is they still leak around the grommet itself. Those valve covers you have are sweet. I'd try the tall breathers. If you ran a puke tank, I would weld fittings in the covers, and AN lines to the tank. No leaks.

17. Collapse Details

Coming off plane here...

18. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Do you have pics of your current breathers? Ben raised mine to eliminate the blowby. They are the round ones.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

19. Collapse Details

We had a great time as well. I was a little disappointed that I only got 80.1 mph with the 30s on...but I was only able to turn them 4900, so I wasn't even in the powerband. My slip calced out to almost 14%...I think 28s are going to be the ticket for me. Another reason I might have been slow was that I was running a high FPG factor on Saturday...(FPG= Fat Polish Guy).

Seriously, though, it was good to have Andy and BZ aboard...seemed like they enjoyed the ride.

As for Portage...it was nice, but that ramp and my trailer DO NOT get along. I have to power on every time, and since there are signs everywhere warning against powering on, in addition to a guy that comes out and yells at you when you do it, things did not go smoothly for me. I tried to float it on, and wound up with the beak sitting directly on the metal pulley for the strap. Gouged a little gelcoat, took off a little decal...AND it didn't work. I still had to power on, but it didn't go far enough up, so the boat is sitting too far back on the trailer right now...I'm going to have to go to E.Chicago and run it one more time to get it on the trailer correctly before winter. Oh...and I had to use 4WD to get out as well, Joe. First thing I said to Michelle was..."Joe is NOT going to be able to pull out at this ramp!"

20. Collapse Details

Ryan and I anxiously waiting for the rest of the group to come run with us, looking for a red boat off in the horizon. The young performance marine tee shirts might have attributed to my new speed record.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails meandryan.jpg