Thread: Fall run pics.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    I was going to give them a call....after looking on OSO it looks like alot of people have luck with these. My only question is how to they attach to the valve cover? I see that you are supposed to run a bead of silicone around them but not sure how they attach. And yes I do have the polished Teague valve covers.
    It all comes down to whether you want to take the Gills / valve covers off. If you take them off the options are plentiful. If not then there are less options and some type of tank will be the easiest. I go back to when we were getting the covers ready and debating whether to put a baffle under the breather hole. Dam I wish I would have made you put a baffle under there! Oh well now you've got a winter project!

Craig

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    We had a great time as well. I was a little disappointed that I only got 80.1 mph with the 30s on...but I was only able to turn them 4900, so I wasn't even in the powerband. My slip calced out to almost 14%...I think 28s are going to be the ticket for me. Another reason I might have been slow was that I was running a high FPG factor on Saturday...(FPG= Fat Polish Guy).

Seriously, though, it was good to have Andy and BZ aboard...seemed like they enjoyed the ride.

As for Portage...it was nice, but that ramp and my trailer DO NOT get along. I have to power on every time, and since there are signs everywhere warning against powering on, in addition to a guy that comes out and yells at you when you do it, things did not go smoothly for me. I tried to float it on, and wound up with the beak sitting directly on the metal pulley for the strap. Gouged a little gelcoat, took off a little decal...AND it didn't work. I still had to power on, but it didn't go far enough up, so the boat is sitting too far back on the trailer right now...I'm going to have to go to E.Chicago and run it one more time to get it on the trailer correctly before winter. Oh...and I had to use 4WD to get out as well, Joe. First thing I said to Michelle was..."Joe is NOT going to be able to pull out at this ramp!"
    ya, you would have loved the stuff going on when we were pulling out. I was loading mine up by myself, had it pretty good on the trailer position wise, but needed someone to hold the stern straight, so I walked over to assist ryan. He was having a really hard time getting it up on the trailer. Tried powering on, but the little nerd who works there started yelling. So, finally he gets it cranked up to a acceptable position, and begins to pull out. Some guy in a fishing boat pulls up, and ends up falling out of his boat, into the water at the end of the ramp. Keith runs over to help the guy, and he's trying to pull himself up onto the dock, with keiths help, but no luck. He ended up having to swim to the ramp and walk out. He was in his bibs and fishing attire, totally soaked. So ryan then pulls out, no problem. I attempt to pull out, and sure enough, the tires starting slipping. Had Ryan and Dan's Wife jumping on the rear bumper while i was smokin the duallies, no luck. Then ryan was on the diamond plate running board jumping up and down, then the running board snapped and gave way. Todd got his truck, we hooked my tow chain (knew it would come in handy) and he yanked me out. Having a video camera at the ramp would have been great.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    ya, you would have loved the stuff going on when we were pulling out. I was loading mine up by myself, had it pretty good on the trailer position wise, but needed someone to hold the stern straight, so I walked over to assist ryan. He was having a really hard time getting it up on the trailer. Tried powering on, but the little nerd who works there started yelling. So, finally he gets it cranked up to a acceptable position, and begins to pull out. Some guy in a fishing boat pulls up, and ends up falling out of his boat, into the water at the end of the ramp. Keith runs over to help the guy, and he's trying to pull himself up onto the dock, with keiths help, but no luck. He ended up having to swim to the ramp and walk out. He was in his bibs and fishing attire, totally soaked. So ryan then pulls out, no problem. I attempt to pull out, and sure enough, the tires starting slipping. Had Ryan and Dan's Wife jumping on the rear bumper while i was smokin the duallies, no luck. Then ryan was on the diamond plate running board jumping up and down, then the running board snapped and gave way. Todd got his truck, we hooked my tow chain (knew it would come in handy) and he yanked me out. Having a video camera at the ramp would have been great.

4. Collapse Details

Here is a pic....they are just the standard Moroso Breathers running up to the flame arrestor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Final 1.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Stop highjacking!!!! lol

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by teamsynergy View Post
    Stop highjacking!!!! lol
    LOL here's a easy fix
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails L_Engine_Restore.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    Here is a pic....they are just the standard Moroso Breathers running up to the flame arrestor.
    Here's what we did.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Misc T1i 531.jpg  
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

8. Collapse Details

Looks nice. I just don't want to take the headers off to fix the problem if I dont have to. I may just have to run a puke tank.

9. Collapse Details

the careful with a puke tank around Sunsation Andy..you may not like what you find in there .lol

10. Collapse Details

It was great to get back out on the water and run with everyone. Even though i was screwing around with things. Thanks Dan for the pictures maybe one day you guys can slow down so i can get some running videos. I will get back to portage next year but i will just launch in east chicago or hammond.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cig Flat Deck View Post
    It was great to get back out on the water and run with everyone. Even though i was screwing around with things. Thanks Dan for the pictures maybe one day you guys can slow down so i can get some running videos. I will get back to portage next year but i will just launch in east chicago or hammond.
    Your boat sure got some attention at the dock. Looked good as always. I would have took some pics of you but my pos phones camera took a crap. I took one of mikey and it came out crazy looking.

I imagine it had to sound good with you, mike, and me all idling Down the ditch, 4000+ HP thru dry pipes had to sound good.

12. Collapse Details

Sounds like it was a great time out there. If the big lake cooperates, I want to get out and run one more time if possible. Marina Shores looks like some really nice docks, etc.

13. Collapse Details

As it stands now... I will be heading there friday afternoon or saturday morning this weekend. I am not ready to hang it up yet so anyone who has the same thoughts... c'mon down. Marina shores is a pretty nice place... pool was warm and slips are very nice...

I plan on at least being out till october 'cause thats how we'z do it!

14. Collapse Details

I am out of town till Sat. but if Sunday holds up I am in....

15. Collapse Details

Out of town till when of saturday? How about you put in Saturday afternoon and dock it up with us??

16. Collapse Details

Am I going to have some led lighting to fit in.. all you fu$#kers have your engine bay lit up like Christmas looking all pimp..
    I looked at underwater lighting so I can be cool too but holy $hitballs thats $$$$!
    I`ll pass lol

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post
    Am I going to have some led lighting to fit in.. all you fu$#kers have your engine bay lit up like Christmas looking all pimp..
    I looked at underwater lighting so I can be cool too but holy $hitballs thats $$$$!
    I`ll pass lol
    DanBaja, Thats cuz those boys got some chit to show off, not some breathed on 502's...
    And are ya nervous about drillin a few 2" holes in the transom below the water line? Yeah me too. They do make ones that bolt on trim tabs, but you know you'll get laughed at for those. Course the $300 to $600 ea isn't easy to take neither.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post
    the careful with a puke tank around Sunsation Andy..you may not like what you find in there .lol
    Um you mean something like ....
    (gotta watch it a minute).

And just for the hell of it, like this one too...

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by teamsynergy View Post
    As it stands now... I will be heading there friday afternoon or saturday morning this weekend. I am not ready to hang it up yet so anyone who has the same thoughts... c'mon down. Marina shores is a pretty nice place... pool was warm and slips are very nice...

I plan on at least being out till october 'cause thats how we'z do it!
    Well not next sat for us. We are holding the Benefit event for our neighbor that was killed in a cycle accident, see www.glentandersonmemorialbenefit.com. Lisa, I and a team put all this together for the family. BZ said he would come to it ...
    Sunday's a chance, but a low one. I hear you'll have Lex, gotta get her and Allie together plus Danno's kids.
    The next weekend will be free for us to do so. I'm not quite ready yet, and have my ski boat for some local river runnin too.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    Nice pics. Awesome day on the water. Marina shores was great. Thanks to mike reeves for driving to wette vettes house to pick up a msd box for me, since mine decided to take a crap. Obviously thanks to Craig for supplying the box too. Todd came thru this morning with his truck to help pull my 2wd dually up the rain soaked ramp. The Indiana guys really rock! Im content to put mine away now, ran its fastest speed ever, 83.6 mph, prob coulda Squeeked another mph or two with some trim, but still made me smile!

I think I can speak for Ryan also, I think you'll be seeing us on A dock at marina shores again next summer!
    Joe & Ryan, those race hatches look great! Course maybe they kept Andy IN the boat to pass out.....
    I saw a boat same graphics as yours Joe on Craigslist this weekend, but just 502's.