Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    I think for yrs everyone is more concerned about who isnt coming to the Worlds instead of supporting the team that are making the effort to be there. There is only one true World championship and if a teams wants a shot at the title they know where and when. Its not going to change the teams that are going, they know who they are, the wheels were in motion a long time ago. All the drama in the world isnt going to change who will be there and who won't. If they want a shot at the title, the majority of the SVL class will be there.

I have been reading all the post and drama about inspections in KW for the SVL class. Then there is a push to go to OB to race with no rules, (which i think is cool) but these teams also question the rules...hmmmmmm! I find it also funny that the teams that bitched about Doc, raced with him in P1 this yr, and their rules are the honor system. This is the guy you all say is a liar and cheat but that was OK we'll see how ok it is in OB. I bet there will be pently of bitching if he shows up in KW, it wont be ok to run on the honor system there. So dont believe all the BS about why they wont race one place or another because the reasons they give aren't the truth .

KW will be awesome this yr with 5, 6, 7 , boats or more it really wont matter. The rest of the classes dont seem to have all the issues SVL have anyone know why that is make u wonder .....hmmmmm I guess they are just specail.

We need to back to having fun and working together to make it better, I think we are on the right track and the new teams are looking forward to next yr and will be a huge plus to the class.
    Well said Frank, i say this for years ...." JUST SHOW UP AND RACE AND HAVE FUN " stop the bitching and crying !!!! But nobody listens
    even i bitch ...all the time , but i show up and try my best no matter what it takes ! U either have it in your blood and heart or u stay home !!! A true racer isnt the guy that wins..or has the deepest pockets its the guy that makes every effort to go to that event and has fun !!
    No race suit can make that happen...its all in the heart ! SEE YA ALL IN KW !

Ohhh, and Clearwater in 2 weeks !

2. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    I think for yrs everyone is more concerned about who isnt coming to the Worlds instead of supporting the team that are making the effort to be there. There is only one true World championship and if a teams wants a shot at the title they know where and when. Its not going to change the teams that are going, they know who they are, the wheels were in motion a long time ago. All the drama in the world isnt going to change who will be there and who won't. If they want a shot at the title, the majority of the SVL class will be there.

I have been reading all the post and drama about inspections in KW for the SVL class. Then there is a push to go to OB to race with no rules, (which i think is cool) but these teams also question the rules...hmmmmmm! I find it also funny that the teams that bitched about Doc, raced with him in P1 this yr, and their rules are the honor system. This is the guy you all say is a liar and cheat but that was OK we'll see how ok it is in OB. I bet there will be pently of bitching if he shows up in KW, it wont be ok to run on the honor system there. So dont believe all the BS about why they wont race one place or another because the reasons they give aren't the truth .

KW will be awesome this yr with 5, 6, 7 , boats or more it really wont matter. The rest of the classes dont seem to have all the issues SVL have anyone know why that is make u wonder .....hmmmmm I guess they are just specail.

We need to back to having fun and working together to make it better, I think we are on the right track and the new teams are looking forward to next yr and will be a huge plus to the class.
    Frank i,v read your post a couple of times ,,and come to the conclusion it,s ambigious,
    quote,,, ," I find it also funny that the teams that bitched about Doc, raced with him in P1 this yr, and their rules are the honor system. This is the guy you all say is a liar and cheat but that was OK we'll see how ok it is in OB."
    This is the opinion of one group,,!!!

quote,,, " I bet there will be pently of bitching if he shows up in KW, it wont be ok to run on the honor system there. "
    This is the opinion of another group.!!

I understand your rant ,,but you combined all svl issues into one rant,
    ,it clearly deserves two rants,,,,PLease conserve your rants to one group or the other,,we are easly confused,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We should have 8 boats in KW, that should make for some awesome racing. The way the boats are running now you have a good chance of seeing a different front runner in every race.
    That would be awesome.......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Funny guy George......

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I'll double check Frank, but I believe after the first race in P1 in Biloxi where they were caught, they never raced another P1 event. I could be wrong, I was not at them all, but I'm pretty sure.

6. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    In my opinion only to be a World Champ you have to beat as many boats that are in the class as possable. I dont care what org calls the race the worlds. OPA and SBI both have worlds so in the end which one has more prestige? In my opinion only, the one I want to call a true Championship is the one that has the most teams on the start line.
    Make no mistake KW is a great race site and I hope someone will come up with some sponsor money to get our team there again. One site you pay $5,000 at reg and the other you get $1000 to show up. You can see why OPA is a good fit for some teams on a budjet. I hope I can do both.
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Rooting for you ......

8. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Rooting for you ......
    If you can get down south to either "worlds " that,s great !
    Some have to pick one or the other , not both ( usually the ORG you have been affiliated with all year ).I applaud you for just getting to one .

I cant help but believe the is down here tho .

9. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Sorry George I didnt think I had to be specific, I know the core group we have has done what it said this yr and is on the right track....see you in Clear water.

10. Collapse Details

Frank,

These kind of post IMO only do harm to the class. I agree with you that there is no site like Key West but I disagree with you that it's the only one that should be regarded as a True World Championship. When you won your F1 championship in New Orleans or Deerfield Beach, Those did not count?

I also agree with you that the Doc has gotten caught cheating two times now. Once in KW, where he received a slap on the hand and once in Biloxi where he was DQ'd.

As far as rules in OB, They have a set of rules and I agree with you again that the only problem that will arise is if the Doc shows up for the obvious reasons.

Now, as far as racing one place or the other. In these economic times , it is a wonder how these towns see a value in our hobby. Since OPA's fees are so low, it is a bargain to race there, that's plain and simple. I have made calls to those teams that would possibly come but NEVER said not to go to Key West. If I was in a better position , I too would be in KW.

We have 5 confirmed teams for Orange Beach and would love to race against more of my fellow racers, so here is your invitation.

I also agree with you on the having fun aspect as long as everybody is playing on the same level and I believe that with the exception of the DOc,history has shown, we are all at that level.

Lets keep it positive !!!

Wil

11. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Wil,

I think its great that they r racing where ever they want for what ever reasons it all good, just dont complain and race. If for some reason it doesnt work for any team to race at any site just dont and dont bitch about why it doesnt work for you. THATS IS ALL MY POINT WAS.

Its a hobby and if you arent going to have fun then dont do it.

12. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ros View Post
    Frank,

These kind of post IMO only do harm to the class. I agree with you that there is no site like Key West but I disagree with you that it's the only one that should be regarded as a True World Championship. When you won your F1 championship in New Orleans or Deerfield Beach, Those did not count?

I also agree with you that the Doc has gotten caught cheating two times now. Once in KW, where he received a slap on the hand and once in Biloxi where he was DQ'd.

As far as rules in OB, They have a set of rules and I agree with you again that the only problem that will arise is if the Doc shows up for the obvious reasons.

Now, as far as racing one place or the other. In these economic times , it is a wonder how these towns see a value in our hobby. Since OPA's fees are so low, it is a bargain to race there, that's plain and simple. I have made calls to those teams that would possibly come but NEVER said not to go to Key West. If I was in a better position , I too would be in KW.

We have 5 confirmed teams for Orange Beach and would love to race against more of my fellow racers, so here is your invitation.

I also agree with you on the having fun aspect as long as everybody is playing on the same level and I believe that with the exception of the DOc,history has shown, we are all at that level.

Lets keep it positive !!!

Wil
    His post was every bit as positive as your,es is !I guess it,s just what you choose to read into each other,s post .

It has always been the same teams whom support their org.And do not support the other .
    Before their demise ,it was OSS against APBA .
    Now it,s another grouping of letter,s doing the same thing .

Is,nt that the whole idea behind racing ? Mine,s bigger than youre,s!
    You can only find out if you race each other .

But ,.............you all have to be in the same place at the same time for that to happen.

PS ( Key West IS the Worlds ,has been for decades )
    Last edited by mdkeywest; 09-18-2011 at 11:27 AM.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post
    His post was every bit as positive as your,es is !I guess it,s just what you choose to read into each other,s post .

It has always been the same teams whom support their org.And do not support the other .
    Now it,s another grouping of letter,s doing the same thing .

Is,nt that the whole idea behind racing ? Mine,s bigger than youre,s!
    You can only find out if you race each other .

But ,.............you all have to be in the same place at the same time for that to happen.

the only true worlds..since actually boats from all over the world showe there !
    lets make all the racesites worlds..wouldnt that suit most of u ...all i can say,
    IDC which trophy or if any..i love to race and have fun ..thats why i do it this bashing stuff gets old ...TOO OLD
    Opa had an invite from SBI for NY ( theyr back yard ) where was Smitty or Augie...TALK, yeah like the godfather ...but walk.. like a grandma that has alzheimers..
    i seen 3 teams from OPA in NY 1 with no boat ..and oh man where they all pissed at OPA !
    alwasy politics...yeah , shure
    WTF
    GO RACE GUYS !
    WHERE EVER AND WHEN EVER !!!!!!

RACE ON !!!!

14. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post
    Now it,s another grouping of letter,s doing the same thing ....

Yes and before that it was SBI against APBA. There were years when both had their own Worlds in KW. SBI and APBA once were the same. Before that is was APBA. Now it is the Home of SBI.

You know OSS and SBI have a couple things in common? Both originally were splitter groups from APBA and both eventually carried the APBA logo with their own.

Just sharing some fun facts. No one should say anything bad about the others. There is something for everyone and you never really know what the future will bring. .

15. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Yes and before that it was SBI against APBA. There were years when both had their own Worlds in KW. SBI and APBA once were the same. Before that is was APBA. Now it is the Home of SBI.

You know OSS and SBI have a couple things in common? Both originally were splitter groups from APBA and both eventually carried the APBA logo with their own.

Just sharing some fun facts. No one should say anything bad about the others. There is something for everyone and you never really know what the future will bring. .
    Thanx Jim . I had been known to support APBA back in the day .

And I loved it that apba and sbi raced here in succesion . It was a fun two weeks for sure .

Point is the letters dont matter to me anymore , its who has the best sites that suit my interest as a fan .
    Thanx for youre years as a racer ,hope you have a chance to do it again .
    Last edited by mdkeywest; 09-18-2011 at 12:49 PM.

16. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    SVL is a great class and has lasted so long because of a few reasons worth mentioning. First and foremost the owners love to race and I mean the old fashion meaning to compete on equal terms against others. The class has made concessions amongst them selves to grow the class. I have raced in a number of different classes over the years and NONE have exhibited the comradery of the class as a whole. Another very important factor is the fact the rules haven't changed much and the engine rules at all. Finally the class has survived because it existed off the radar of the extra wealthy racing ways. By that I mean someone who comes into a class with the willingness to spend more then reasonable, more than any other can and imposes his will to get what he wants.

Last season things started to change. Some of the rules have changed significantly I think. Every time an engine rule changes it costs and hurts the entire class. No ECM rule means every needs to buy a hot ECM. Displacement changes and everyone has to oversize their engine. The ideal of equality changes to "keeping up with the Jones". The turn over rate begins to accelerates and the character of the class once so attractive begins to fade. This has been typical with nearly all the other classes I have participated in. It leaves a once great class with one team parading around alone.

I am sharing this because after more than 25 years in offshore last season in SVL I finally found a class I could see myself buying into.

I hope the class can stay strong and together and remain where preparation, set up, ability and team work decides the winners not a willingness to spend more than the others.
    Last edited by MOBILEMERCMAN; 09-18-2011 at 03:13 PM. Reason: typo

17. Collapse Details

SVL is a great class and has lasted so long because of a few reasons worth mentioning. First and foremost the owners love to race and I mean the old fashion meaning to compete on equal terms against others. The class has made concessions amongst them selves to grow the class. I have raced in a number of different classes over the years and NONE have exhibited the comradery of the class as a whole. Another very important factor is the fact the rules haven't changed much and the engine rules at all. Finally the class has survived because it existed off the radar of the extra wealthy racing ways. By that I mean someone who comes into a class with the willingness to spend more then reasonable, more than any other can and imposes his will to get what he wants.

Last season things started to change. Some of the rules have changed significantly I think. Every time an engine rule changes it costs and hurts the entire class. No ECM rule means every needs to buy a hot ECM. Displacement changes and everyone has to oversize their engine. The ideal of equality changes to "keeping up with the Jones". The turn over rate begins to accelerates and the character of the class once so attractive begins to fade. This has been typical with nearly all the other classes I have participated in. It leaves a once great class with one team parading around alone.

I am sharing this because after more than 25 years in offshore last season in SVL I finally found a class I could see myself buying into.

I hope the class can stay strong and together and remain where preparation, set up, ability and team work decides the winners not a willingness to spend more than the others.
    Jimmy,

Very well said!

The bright side is the fact that there are still close to 10 boats in the class currently running. Also, new teams are buying the boats that were not racing.

Wil

18. Collapse Details

Registered

SVL was created in the APBA days with the influence of a long time racer ,who helped keep the class fair And fun .

!I think along with 90% of you that the original svl "model "still exists for the most part .
    Still fun ,still fair ,maybe a couple hiccups along the way , but Hey they all ( SVL,erz ) are still workin, it .

I really do hope after OB that a couple will be able to make it down here .
    Thanx for the banter .
    Last edited by mdkeywest; 09-18-2011 at 05:00 PM.

19. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    the class is still a great class,for all the reasons mentioned,,,at the begining of the year everyone picked their most favorable path for the 2011 season ,,for one reason or another ,,some paths proved sucessfull,, some fell short of exspectations,,some are sticking to their path , and some are searching for a new path,,we all are over looking the big white elephant in the corner " ECONOMY " ,,it has hurt most ,,and now some are grasping at straws to run a couple more times before the season ends,,either way you choose ,,doesn,t make the other guys decision wrong,, make your choice ,,do it well ,,and hope it works out for the whole class , and someday, just maybe we will see all of us at the same race ,,knowmatter where it is,, GOOD LUCK TO ALL , BE SAFE ,,AND
    REPRESENT,SVL WITH YOUR HEAD HELD UP..
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

20. Collapse Details

Competitor

Well said Jim ....