Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Competitor
    I'm sure they will do the best they can to try and inspect as many boats as possible. I think sometime we forget there are a few other classes that also need to be inspected, with 70 boats in KW all they can do is the best they can. I'm sure they know who they need to watch and keep a close eye on ....and will spend more time where needed. I know in NY they wanted to get as much done to the boats that were there to give them more time to do the boats in KW. They will also try and get as many boats done in Clearwater as possible.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I know seals can be duplicated and replaced, but for the most part they work in the short term. Is SBI sealing/marking engines in anyway once they pass whistling and compression?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    I'm sure they will do the best they can to try and inspect as many boats as possible. I think sometime we forget there are a few other classes that also need to be inspected, with 70 boats in KW all they can do is the best they can. I'm sure they know who they need to watch and keep a close eye on ....and will spend more time where needed. I know in NY they wanted to get as much done to the boats that were there to give them more time to do the boats in KW. They will also try and get as many boats done in Clearwater as possible.
    The inspectors have a tough job no doubt. Why not make it easy on them in Key West? Don't wait until the event is over to do inspections. Many of us have seen time and time again conflicts arise after the race or teams disappear never getting inspected. Plus after a long week everybody is rushing to pack up and go to the awards.

The simple thing to do is put time on your side. The hard part is to show the cry babies or cheaters that don't want to be inspected the gate.

4. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    The inspectors have a tough job no doubt. Why not make it easy on them in Key West? Don't wait until the event is over to do inspections. Many of us have seen time and time again conflicts arise after the race or teams disappear never getting inspected. Plus after a long week everybody is rushing to pack up and go to the awards.

The simple thing to do is put time on your side. The hard part is to show the cry babies or cheaters that don't want to be inspected the gate.
    Never thought I would ever agree with you . But there it is boy,z and girl,z
    show ,em the gate .
    Better to lose one team , than lose 20 prospective teams .
    SBI does a good job in tech . Maybe some of us could help out with the small stuff, leaving the high tech work for rich etc.

I will ( in key west anyway )

5. Collapse Details

OK guys,I know i dont race SVL anymore but my heart is still with the class.I would absolutely love to see 10 SVLs on a race coarse at one time.There is no better place to see this than Key West. Therefore,Adrenaline Rush racing and Power1One is willing to put up $1000.00 to the winner of this race providing, we get 10 boats registered and on the coarse for the green flag on Sunday.What do ya think? Anybody else wanna add to it?

6. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Hummmmmmmmm interesting.

Absolutely Not svl 107 is in

7. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Doug Thanks but their isn,t 10 svl.s running,,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

8. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    Doug Thanks but their isn,t 10 svl.s running,,,
    At very best I think we will have 7 ...

9. Collapse Details

IMO,
    I believe as of right now only,
    Absolutely not
    Imco
    Sun Sprint
    Fountain
    Black Phantom
    Will be in Key West.

But I think there is plenty of time to get,
    Typhoon
    Pirates
    Octane
    Wildcard to Key West.
    That would be some race!! We need to put politics aside and work towards a common goal. I would also ask for Steve's and Mike A.'s help. I have said it before and I will say it again, everything they said would happen at the beginning of last year has come true.
    Will politics and all the behind the scene crap stop?
    If it does we could have a mega race in the best place to have it.

Wil

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Bruce and Pig Iron are also out there.....

11. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Wil Smith may also have something he could throw together in that amount of time. I'll give him a shout also.....

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Just curious. What would the SBI World's payout be if there were 10 boats in a spec class? And would it pay through the first 5 places? It's been a long time since that's happened. When would the last time be? I know there were 13 Super Cats in 2003. I think 12 of them answered the final day start.....

13. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    at the begining of last year the SVL class had a great showing of strength ,,with that being said ,we did have a little input with the ORG.S on what we would like to see happen at an event,,,ALL the ORG,S did give almost everything they could to satisfy the wishes of the class,,,,we all know WHO , WHAT WHERE AND WHEN happened to the class,( no need to rehash) so now here we are ,,a splintered group of racers trying to thro some weight around,,,,let me break it to you all gently,,,their are a COUPLE of races left in 2011 ,,if you want to race this year SHOW UP ,,if not ,,YOU MISS OUT..
    The class has put ALL the ORG.S thru HELL ,,and now some want WHAT ???
    I for one am greatfull that I still have a speck class to race in,,,,
    My 2 cents,,SEE YA IN CLEARWATER AND KEY WEST,,,

14. Collapse Details

Well i guess I could just put the money towards a seat in Randy's boat.But that would be unfair to all you other guys seeing as we would just put a whoopin on ya'll.guess I could let him put my stock 496 in his boat to keep it fair, or we could give a 1 lap head start to ya's lol! All kidding aside my offer stands!!!!!!!!!!

15. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    at the begining of last year the SVL class had a great showing of strength ,,with that being said ,we did have a little input with the ORG.S on what we would like to see happen at an event,,,ALL the ORG,S did give almost everything they could to satisfy the wishes of the class,,,,we all know WHO , WHAT WHERE AND WHEN happened to the class,( no need to rehash) so now here we are ,,a splintered group of racers trying to thro some weight around,,,,let me break it to you all gently,,,their are a COUPLE of races left in 2011 ,,if you want to race this year SHOW UP ,,if not ,,YOU MISS OUT..
    The class has put ALL the ORG.S thru HELL ,,and now some want WHAT ???
    I for one am greatfull that I still have a speck class to race in,,,,
    My 2 cents,,SEE YA IN CLEARWATER AND KEY WEST,,,
    Well said George and so true, its time move forward and leave the past where it belongs.

16. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heater63 View Post
    Well i guess I could just put the money towards a seat in Randy's boat.But that would be unfair to all you other guys seeing as we would just put a whoopin on ya'll.guess I could let him put my stock 496 in his boat to keep it fair, or we could give a 1 lap head start to ya's lol! All kidding aside my offer stands!!!!!!!!!!
    Get in Randy's Boat, which in the end will mean another boat is in KW. If there are 8 plus boats, it will be three great days of racing!
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

17. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Pete,

With the racing being as close as it has this yr, I agree you would see 3 day of some awesome racing. Some of the teams have stepped up their game and the front runner are still as strong as always.

18. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Just curious. What would the SBI World's payout be if there were 10 boats in a spec class? And would it pay through the first 5 places? It's been a long time since that's happened. When would the last time be? I know there were 13 Super Cats in 2003. I think 12 of them answered the final day start.....
    Over 8 boats SBI puts in another grand to the pot. If 5 or more boats enter they payback is 5 places.
    Ryan Beckley

19. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    The potential to have SVL 8, and SS 6+ boats, will make the racing the best it has been in years. ADD some rough water and it Kick A$$!
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    The potential to have SVL 8, and SS 6+ boats, will make the racing the best it has been in years. ADD some rough water and it Kick A$$!
    + we should have 8-10 boats in class 4 for KW..this year is going to be awsome !

hope all the SVL guys show too