1. Collapse Details
    32 Factory 2 Race Boat
    I found the original and only factory 2 32 Stuphen for sale. The boat looks fantastic. What a piece of history. Here is the link http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...oat_id=2388874

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice find.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Beautiful boat.
    Parabellum FJ²B

4. Collapse Details

Rare find, thanks I always like to know what people are asking for their Sutphens.

I'm trying to price mine aggressively so it will sell. Race Boats take a certain type of person to appreciate the history & how much extra goes into one when there built.
    They are also balanced much better for the rigors of offshore racing.

Race boats that were built for competition ride & handle a lot different than a stock run of the mill hull. I have a cabin in mine,it's just not finished off with vinyl & cushions like this one.

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    What was the kilo record back then in F2?

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    I am not sure but, I think it was 90 and change. Todd and I set and F2 Kilo 35' and over at 92.280 in Sarasota '01.

I raced him a few times. '99 in New York was the most memorable one. Brian was driving and Doug Lewis was on the sticks. I shared that race story here on the forum somewhere.

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    I am not sure but, I think it was 90 and change. Todd and I set and F2 Kilo 35' and over at 92.280 in Sarasota '01.

I raced him a few times. '99 in New York was the most memorable one. Brian was driving and Doug Lewis was on the sticks. I shared that race story here on the forum somewhere.
    Think I found it..... The right one????

A little prelude. In '99 I was crewing a B-7 Tivoli and driving for F2-71 Mastry . I only mention this in this story because on Saturday I was in Toronto with the B boat. The plan was to bring it through New York to race on Sunday with Martin.. After the race in Toronto as I was preparing to leave with the boat Reggie approached me and Art.. After a little change of plan Art was bringing my boat back and I was headed to the airport with Reggie and his pilot Hilton. How cool it was to fly into New York in the co pilot seat? Well I will tell you it was VERY COOL.

Now to the racing part I was going to share. I don't recall who won or who else was there but, F2-50 TKO {maybe, not sure} Sutphen and Martin and I were battling for third place.. They were a little faster on the straights and we were faster around the wide sweeping turns. They would advance and we would match them exiting the turns. After a number of laps I finally gained position and took the inside lane from them by diving under entering the turn the way I like to do.. The next turn I lead them wide and they attempted to dive under us. So here came the fun part.... As they crossed in our wake and threw our spray I turned sharper so they remained in the spray. As they were getting hosed I was watching them as they attempted to adjust the turn wide and clear. I then drifted out so they remained in the spray. Final as we exited the turn they cleared the spray on our outside. We went on to take third. After the race Brian came up to us to to share how much fun he had as we were battling.. " We had a blast", he said...
    "We had a blast too that was fun " , What Happened at the end, I asked.
    "We spun on the north turn and had to call it a day".
    I then asked what he thought about the south turn when he tried to pass us on the inside.
    " Doug was yelling at me to get out of the spray.."
    I started to laugh. What is so funny? he asked..
    " Well I was doing everything I could to make sure you stayed there in my spray" , and laughed some more.
    "Doug was pissed at me you have to tell him" , insisted.
    Doug and I laughed as I told him what we had done.
    " We were getting hosed so bad the bilge pumps final came on" , he exclaimed... Yes he was soaked through and through..They both were. I recall Doug's shoes squishing when he walked away.

To top the day off after the race Reggie approached Martin and I moments later.. He had time left on his chopper rental and offered us a ride.. Martins kids were there as were mine. I will never forget the look on my daughters face as the chopper took off.. The kids got a ride over Yankee stadium and over the city while we went to clean and put the boat away..

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Yes,
    Doug introduced me to Ritchie in Ft Meyer earlier that year. Ritchie was giving me a hard time and treating me like an enemy at the party { Fountain thing}. I was just trying to congratulate Doug. Doug reassured Ritchie I was a racer like himself and not the enemy. We conversed over a drink and became friends.

I don't miss going to the races to run a boat. I miss all the people at the races I have come to know like Ritchie, Doug and many, many others.

The good old days of F2.

9. Collapse Details

Here is a picture of it racing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sutphen.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

Johnny freshened up the motors in the 32
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JB 6.jpg   JB 7.jpg   JB.jpg  

11. Collapse Details

He just added Imco lowers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JB 12.jpg   JB 13.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I can't wait to hear about performance improvements....

Awesome.....

13. Collapse Details

Man those are shiny....and I like shiny.......
    Parabellum FJ²B