1. Collapse Details
    Season end Poker run and Scavanger Hunt on Lake Travis
    Our season is almost over and for our last event, we are mixing things up a bit. We will be holding a SCAVENGER HUNT WEEKEND. This will be a 2-day event on September 16 & 17TH with 7 stops that can be done all day Friday and Saturday ‘til 6pm. You can get 7 cards for every hand purchased with the option to buy up to 3 more per hand.

At each stop, show your LTPA membership card and get 1 envelope from the stop. All 7 stops will have envelopes. If you make all 7 stops, you get 7 envelopes. You will be able to purchase as many hands as you would like at $100 per hand. Each hand will get a card for each envelope from the different stops. All hands will be purchased, starting at 7pm, at Carlos and Charlie’s Saturday night at the Palapa Bar. We will sell extra cards, up to 3, for each hand at $10 each. All hands will be hand dealt by an LTPA Board Member.

The envelopes you collect will contain special discounts from all of our great sponsors as well as cash give-a-ways from your LTPA and lots of other surprises!!!

Come by and take your time. Shop, Eat, Drink and Fuel Up or even just say “HI!” to our friends at the following 7 stops:

Briar Cliff Marina: 512-264-2666
    Gnarly Gar Restaurant and Marina: 512-267-1845
    Lakeway Marina: 512-261-7511
    VIP Marina: 512-331-5375
    Cafe Blue: 512-996-8188
    Emerald Point Ship Store: 512-266-1682
    Carlos & Charlie’s: 512-266-1683

The Party will start immediately after all the hands are done. Food will be provided and the band will start around 9pm.

Also, we will have a donation jar set up for the victims of the recent fires in Central Texas. The money will go the American Red Cross of Central Texas, dedicated to support the Central Texas region.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's pretty cool....

But how the heck can it be your end of season when the temps will be in the 80's plus for another 3 months????????
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Dont ask me, it blew me over when I moved here from Florida 6 years ago,
    but literally after labor day all the bars pull the bands, start closing on weekdays
    and some even close alltogether after end of september until march...
    I think a lot of it has to do because Texans live and die by Football,
    for some insane reason they would rather be home watching a game than on the lake,
    personally I would rather chew glass than watch anything on a tv on a nice day.

its nice for me because I get to do a lot more exploring on the lake but sucks because there is nowhere to go..I think this is the BEST time of the year, weather cools down but water stays warm until late in the year , being from Miami there is no such thing as "end of season" !!

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You need to tell those Texans they can get a satellite antanae for their boat now.......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

LOL!!

as for the run anyone not a member that wants to run ,contact them,
    they are pretty easy going:

http://www.ltpa.net/contact-us

or look up LTPA on facebook

6. Collapse Details

This will probably be the last weekend Mansfield Dam ramp will be open so come on out and enjoy it!!
    Unless your on the lake you wont be able to launch till it rains after this weekend.