Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    We are "IN" in some capacity this weekend. Looking like launching at Portage either Friday evening or Saturday morning.
    -love, Mikebadinfluencefountain
    You forgot the "E", MikebadinfluencefountainE
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    You forgot the "E", MikebadinfluencefountainE
    Hey now...spellchecking is MY job, dammit!

Todd...do you NEED to be plugged in? I don't think A/C is going to be necessary...

The earliest we could do on Friday would be probably 6pm, but I'm wondering if that will be worth it considering the traffic I'd have to fight...

3. Collapse Details

Gentlemen....will you be boating both Saturday and Sunday? What are your plans....times etc. I have got to help Bryce blow some insulation in his new Bachelor Pad Sunday so just seeing what everyone has planned.
    Last edited by SC288; 09-14-2011 at 09:44 AM.

4. Collapse Details

Todd those screws broke on my AT too.. I redrilled and retapped.
    I also realized last night my bottle jack is fine for the rear but too short for the front tire and too tall for under axle. ( I`m replacing bearings and seals)

Anyway, only the last mostly empty dock is 50 amp the rest is 30.
    They do have adapters at the office.
    I was thinking the last dock cause its closer to teh pool when I have to take a $hit.

5. Collapse Details

I don't need to be plugged in, just enjoy the goodies... TV/DVD, battery charger, Fan, not A/C however I may requrie some A/C service... anyone know a DEPENDABLE guy lol... I would be up for boating all weekend but it all depends on the weather... How is the ramp there?

6. Collapse Details

The ramp is good...but perhaps Dan can enlighten us to which lane to use? I think it was the one NEAREST the building that is too short and almost caused me to rip my front axle off...?

MikeSunsation...looks like Saturday will be the day most of us will be out? Perhaps continuing through to Sunday? I've got some gas to burn...

To the jack convo...the %#$ing foot on my trailer broke, so I had to use the 20-ton bottle jack I carry around to get the boat on and off the ball. I was dropping it in my dad's pole barn Labor Day weekend..the jack was ALMOST all the way extended and ALMOST off the ball...when it tipped towards me! It was at the precise point where I actually PUSHED the whole deal back away from me, held it over the ball with one hand, and calmly let the jack down back on the ball. Scared the CRAP out of me for sure...it would have smashed me good.

7. Collapse Details

If you ever need stiches.. I know exactly how to do them thanks to Dan Baja. My ways were a bit less precision before. Plus, I have suture kits... lol

8. Collapse Details

Thanks Mike Fountain....LOL When the weekend gets closer let me know as I would like to meet up with you guys. Are you doing lunch at Mateys or?

9. Collapse Details

Might maybe head up to South Buffalo and go to the Stray Dog? Any ideas are welcome...

10. Collapse Details

I am good with it all... as long as I hear the whine lol...

11. Collapse Details

hey Dan Baja. If you have leaf spring trailer, do yourself a favor and use a floor jack. Jack each wheel up independently. Dont try lifting by the center of the axle, or you can bend it. If you have torsion axles, get some 2x6 boards or similar, and use the truck to pull it onto the boards, but leave whichever axle you want to work on hanging free. The bottle jack mounted under the frame rails, tryin to lift the entire trailer and boat can also bend the frame. Its a total pita to do this while the boats on there, beleive me i know!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0853.jpg  
    Last edited by MILD THUNDER; 09-14-2011 at 11:26 AM.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    The ramp is good...but perhaps Dan can enlighten us to which lane to use? I think it was the one NEAREST the building that is too short and almost caused me to rip my front axle off...?

MikeSunsation...looks like Saturday will be the day most of us will be out? Perhaps continuing through to Sunday? I've got some gas to burn...

To the jack convo...the %#$ing foot on my trailer broke, so I had to use the 20-ton bottle jack I carry around to get the boat on and off the ball. I was dropping it in my dad's pole barn Labor Day weekend..the jack was ALMOST all the way extended and ALMOST off the ball...when it tipped towards me! It was at the precise point where I actually PUSHED the whole deal back away from me, held it over the ball with one hand, and calmly let the jack down back on the ball. Scared the CRAP out of me for sure...it would have smashed me good.
    When you are doing this mike fountain, and you need to unhook the boat, try ad be sure to keep the truck and trailer perfectly straight before unhooking, get boat where you want it, put truck in neutral for a second, let it kinda roll free, then put in park. then chock the front of the trailer tires tightly as you can. Then proceed to unhook from the ball, will keep the tongue from wanting to "twist" sideways and fall off the jack.

13. Collapse Details

Lookin like some flat water this weekend around in/mi area. E/SE light winds. 1ft or less

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    hey Dan Baja. If you have leaf spring trailer, do yourself a favor and use a floor jack. Jack each wheel up independently. Dont try lifting by the center of the axle, or you can bend it. If you have torsion axles, get some 2x6 boards or similar, and use the truck to pull it onto the boards, but leave whichever axle you want to work on hanging free. The bottle jack mounted under the frame rails, tryin to lift the entire trailer and boat can also bend the frame. Its a total pita to do this while the boats on there, beleive me i know!
    Another idea Joe Fountain is to build some ramps out of 2 x 4's. I built two of them for when I get a flat. Basically I made the lower level 11" long, then screwed a 9" one to the top of that and lastly a 7" board. Just put in front of the leading edge of the two good tires and pull up the ramp until at the top...I found that you can easily jack up the other axle with little to no stress on it as the other two are taking the load....when done just back them off the ramp. I can sell these to you today for only $19.99 ea. or if you order in the next half hour $14.99 ea....LMAO

15. Collapse Details

I am busy Saturday, but probably gonna try and head out Sunday and burn some more gas. I will be in touch to see where everyone is at to try and meet up.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    Another idea Joe Fountain is to build some ramps out of 2 x 4's. I built two of them for when I get a flat. Basically I made the lower level 11" long, then screwed a 9" one to the top of that and lastly a 7" board. Just put in front of the leading edge of the two good tires and pull up the ramp until at the top...I found that you can easily jack up the other axle with little to no stress on it as the other two are taking the load....when done just back them off the ramp. I can sell these to you today for only $19.99 ea. or if you order in the next half hour $14.99 ea....LMAO
    Yes sir, those would work nicely! Jacking up boat trailers sucks. I would take 2 only if they asds marine grade boards! Lol

17. Collapse Details

you guys are making this too complicated all I need is a shorter bottle jack to put under the springs...lol

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post
    you guys are making this too complicated all I need is a shorter bottle jack to put under the springs...lol
    Dan Baja....nothing that can't be handled while sipping on a few beers in the shop....as a matter of fact I think I was drinking beer in the shop one night when it hit me....LOL

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post
    Floor jack?

20. Collapse Details

That's what I ended up using when I got back to my shop...the wheels on the floor jack prevented any tilting.

When I'm at my shop, I just use the f'n forklift!