Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Forecast between East Chicago and MC nearshore...as of now.

Today

N 13kt
    2ft
    Hi: 70 °F
    Water: 72 °F Tonight

N 8kt
    1-2ft
    Lo: 58 °F Wednesday

NNW 15kt
    1-3ft
    Hi: 66 °F Wednesday
    Night

N 15kt
    4ft
    Lo: 51 °F Thursday

N 12kt
    4ft
    Hi: 61 °F Thursday
    Night

NNE 11kt
    4ft
    Lo: 52 °F Friday

E 6kt
    < 1ft
    Hi: 62 °F Friday
    Night

ESE 8kt
    < 1ft
    Lo: 52 °F Saturday

ESE 8kt
    < 1ft
    Hi: 67 °F

2. Collapse Details

There will be no pissing match, as technically, we agree. What you fail to see, however, is that the front itself is what causes the winds, while there will most likely be a calm air mass BEHIND it this weekend. The front is supposed to come throught tomorrow, and, as I stated and as Joe Fountain has illustrated, calm skies and calm seas may be the course for the weekend.

3. Collapse Details

Well said professor sommer... however, use pitcures next time for us slow indiana boyz...

4. Collapse Details

No problem Todd Sonic. Sometimes the Ball State grad has to help out the Purdue grad. Happens in my house all the time.

5. Collapse Details

Ha Ha...

6. Collapse Details

I think what we're all looking for is a high pressure area. I'm gonna throw that in your north winds, front, weather discussion.
    I was thinking of heading out Fri. As there's some horse**** I have to attend on sun...

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    There will be no pissing match, as technically, we agree. What you fail to see, however, is that the front itself is what causes the winds, while there will most likely be a calm air mass BEHIND it this weekend. The front is supposed to come throught tomorrow, and, as I stated and as Joe Fountain has illustrated, calm skies and calm seas may be the course for the weekend.
    I have not FAILED to see anything, I just doubt it will be 1ft or less for the weekend! Not supposed to get warmer than 70 until Sunday on this side of the lake. Past experience has told me this, I hope its calm out there. I guess we will see. Maybe I'm just being a hater cuz I gots the sled bug!!!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    No problem Todd Sonic. Sometimes the Ball State grad has to help out the Purdue grad. Happens in my house all the time.
    Testicle tech, they still operating over here????

9. Collapse Details

Baja Dan, I think you should put a barometer next to your depth finder. You can then monitor the latest barometric pressure, and update us on changing weather conditions.

As for Ball State vs Purdue, I suggest we perform a battery of tests on both mike fountain, and Andy sunsation. Maybe some geography, maybe some math, hell maybe even some anatomy. but definitely not peddle biking. That would just not be fair to Andy.

10. Collapse Details

I vote SPELLING.

Anyhoo...I just spoke with ToddSonic and we are contemplating joining DanBaja at Marina Shores (if AndySunsation and the Wind Gods will permit).

For the record...I think "AndySunsation and the Wind Gods" would be an awesome name for a band.

11. Collapse Details

Marina Shores? Cool, I'm already there. We are looking at being out on Sunday.

12. Collapse Details

What day are you planning on going out Todd Sonic, Mike Fontaine and Joe Fontaine?

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    What day are you planning on going out Todd Sonic, Mike Fontaine and Joe Fontaine?
    Looking like Saturday for me. But I will be launching in new haven, mike sunsation. Probably will be my last run of the season.

14. Collapse Details

Joe Fountain, John Small Cruiser is doing well and will be at Marina Shores, I will mount that barometric pressure gauge and anytime you need to know the pressure just hit me up on ch. 5 ok

You should launch closer to Portage and join us for a good ol fashion hoot'nanny at Marina Shores. We need your 80`s playlist!

15. Collapse Details

I keep it simple, wake up Sat....look outside and decide.....LOL

16. Collapse Details

To get back OFF topic, Hey Dan Baja, Paul Baja here. So can we see what your video turned out when you stuck the camera between your spinnin nuts deep down a few weeks ago? How did it turn out? Kind of frothy?

And if you don't mind kind sir, please make a graph of pressure readings every hour. The change in pressure is what is important, as well as the actual value. We will collect your weekend report on Monday AM.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post
    Joe Fountain, John Small Cruiser is doing well and will be at Marina Shores, I will mount that barometric pressure gauge and anytime you need to know the pressure just hit me up on ch. 5 ok

You should launch closer to Portage and join us for a good ol fashion hoot'nanny at Marina Shores. We need your 80`s playlist!
    John small cruiser needs to become john offshore boat.

Will there be open slips available at burns shores in marina ditch Saturday evening?

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by paulb32 View Post
    To get back OFF topic, Hey Dan Baja, Paul Baja here. So can we see what your video turned out when you stuck the camera between your spinnin nuts deep down a few weeks ago? How did it turn out? Kind of frothy?
    I was quite perturbed at the level of water froth making the video a loss.
    The only good parts were me jumping in the water with goggles, turning it on and the the props spinning at idle.

John small cruiser needs to become john offshore boat.

Will there be open slips available at burns shores in marina ditch Saturday evening?

I agree and yes the A dock is pretty much empty but FYI requires a 50-30amp adapter for those with shore power. Not sure how many they have available.

More off topic, will anyone be near New Buffalo, Mariner Yacht Sales @ 514 West Water Street
    New Buffalo, MI 49117 by any chance?? They have the free CDs of the helicopter shoot I haven`t had a chance to pick up.

19. Collapse Details

We are "IN" in some capacity this weekend. Looking like launching at Portage either Friday evening or Saturday morning.
    -love, Mikebadinfluencefountain

20. Collapse Details

Well, last night I got the boat almost finished, just need to put it on the hose to make sure I have zero water leaks... ended up replacing the transom water intake hose while doing the bellow. When removing the hinge pins, I found that some dumbass that had my boat before me use red loctite to screw the m4 torx screws... 2 per pin. The left side unscrewed with heat, the right side broke flush to the gimbal ring. Had to drill out and re-tap to m5 using different bolt. WTF was this guy thinking!!! Anyway, after all that, and then some... got the boat done around 10:30... then once I got to my pole barn... I hear hissing from the right side of the trailer... picked up a chunk of metal. Figured, no problem, I'll just back in and swap the spare, no biggy. Turns out that my bottle jack runs out of stroke so I couldn't get the trailer high enough. Ended up getting home just before midnight... At this point, I am afraid to start the boat today lol...

But, now that I have officially derailed my orginal topic... I am looking to head somewhere on Friday night. Dan, I don't have an adapter, where elese could I grab a dock at at marina shores... do they rent adapters?
    Last edited by teamsynergy; 09-14-2011 at 07:18 AM.