Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Did tommy fix the damage from the tree. I know it wasn't much but it sure looked bad!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by extras View Post
    Did tommy fix the damage from the tree. I know it wasn't much but it sure looked bad!
    LOLOLOLOLOL

ALL GOOD AND REAY TO GO !!!!!

3. Collapse Details

Competitor
    This is the problem with the Shootout. It has gotten so big, and commercialized and is now organized so everyone leaves a winner. I haven't been there from the start but when i did come in in 1997, it was about bragging rights, a handfull of classes and it was cool. One guy would run and if he bettered your speed in your class you could go out and try to one up him. Awesome fun. By the way I had at one time the Fastest Vee Bottom in the shootout, before that award was designed. One of the few changes I agree with. Now we have professional and novice, what the.... Are you suggesting one millionaires Skater should be in a different class than another millionaires skater just because one guy has raced before making him professional. Please. If you have a million dollar boat I hope your professional to some degree. Also if competing in an offshore race makes you professional?? that has nothing to do with going fast in a straight line at the shootout. Used to be a handfull of classes one of which was P for Power adders. That means a staggered 42 fountain with 525 sc's ( 80 MPH Boat ) is in the same class as the "Cat Killer" ( 140+ MPH boat ) . Guess what you don't leave with a $10 plaque, Boo Hoo.

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Professional, Novice, and Manufacturer.......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    However, all in all, I think they've done fairly well with the classes, even if there are a few too many......

The 525SC is the only power adder engine left in the F designation I believe.

6. Collapse Details

Competitor
    The classes are currently ridiculous, and a supercharger is a supercharger, what and why should there be a difference just for a 525SC ? Currently if one person had a 525SC blue like original, and another had a home built engine of the exact same configuration only without mercury logos, they would be in different classes ? Dumb. I agree its great for the lake etc. My father is a fireman here as well and he and many others benefit from it. Its just dumb how much crybabying takes place just so you can leave a "Winner" Look at the results and see how many classes have no competition at all.

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    ....... and is now organized so everyone leaves a winner.

Guess what you don't leave with a $10 plaque, Boo Hoo.
    You got to have a packed trophy case next to your pictures.

I remember the first trophy I got. It was for Exceptional shifting at a local drag race track. I was probably 8 or 9. Everyone left with a trophy.

Looking back I don't remember anything about the day but, I sure smiled just now as I picked it up and looked at it.

8. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    I dont even save trophys ,,, and i,v won some,,,i would rather race 20 and not win,,than race two and win,,,but ,,some make a living at collecting them,,
    I know of a boat racer who thought he was wronged ,,and ordered himself a trophy anyway,,lolol only in offshore ,,cars have classes ,,you build to class,,planes have classes ,,you build to class,,,motorcycles have classes ,,you build to class,,,hydro,s and runnabouts have classes ,,you build to class,,,offshore ,,soon their will be COLOR CLASSES..LOLOL have a great day all,,,,,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

9. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    I know of a boat racer who thought he was wronged ,,and ordered himself a trophy ,,,,,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails roflmao.gif  

10. Collapse Details

George does that mean I will have to run against you? My boat is red white and blue also.Oh NO! that means we would have to let daredevil in our class too! Damn you and I will never win another race now LOL!!!!!!

11. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    well look at the bright side ,,we can enter 3 classes at one time ,,,,,,,,like some do now lolol
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

12. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    You got to have a packed trophy case next to your pictures.

I remember the first trophy I got. It was for Exceptional shifting at a local drag race track. I was probably 8 or 9. Everyone left with a trophy.

Looking back I don't remember anything about the day but, I sure smiled just now as I picked it up and looked at it.
    I'm guessing I will never understand you.
    Yeah I have my share of Shootout Plaques, I think they are stacked up downstairs in my shop. And I remember fairly well who I actually ran against to obtain the lil plaque. There was competition back then.

13. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    I'm guessing I will never understand you.
    Some race for trophies while others race for the competition. Shame is these days more trophies are given for participating then competing.

The part I will never understand is how the guys that collect them without defeating anyone can be proud of anything. They are deceiving themselves, their fans and sponsors.

That's right trophies make you feel good.

Shame on the orgs that allow people to collect two different class trophies from one run of their boat.. Or award 1st place trophies in classes with only one boat....Just give them a I was there T shirt. That is all they deserve.

14. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    . :
    Shame on people in classes with only one boat....Just give them a I was there T shirt. That is all they deserve.
    Now that ,s funny stuff !

( While there are some . no doubt , who abuse the whole running alone thing!
    There are others who are expecting competition ,they just never show !
    I still salute those whom continually show up ,keeping their end of the smack talk .
    Just cause you got a race boat doesnt make you an active racer .Money ,drivers , work ,ALL come into play these day,s .)

So don,t us, We ,etc. , < ........... pick on the ones who do show up every time .
    Last edited by mdkeywest; 09-12-2011 at 09:24 AM.

15. Collapse Details

Looks like he was running 105 today also. Either that, or the rest of the class had seaweed wrapped in their props.

16. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerguymiami View Post
    Looks like he was running 105 today also. Either that, or the rest of the class had seaweed wrapped in their props.
    Probably forgot to change the motors back out.......

17. Collapse Details

Then the sun print boat is even faster because he was in front of us until he broke

18. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by earthwerks View Post
    Then the sun print boat is even faster because he was in front of us until he broke
    No , It,s just the guys in the sunprint boat know how to get every MPH out of their 496 .

19. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Were you in the boat with Doc, Dan?? Cool if you were.

20. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post
    No , It,s just the guys in the sunprint boat know how to get every MPH out of their 496 .
    Steve is definitely fast. Last year in Key West he had it until he broke too....