Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    South haven Vids
    Ok boys and girls I got some vids from this weekend..Winds were from the North allllll weekend and the lake was a bit choppy
    Too bad the GoPro does not zoom as Mild Thunder and Ryan were also flying.
    Trying to video tape and hold was an adventure
    I also attempted a video with the Go Pro on my tie bar but all you see is water coming out the exhaust, oh well...
    Thanx for the invite up there Joe, next time can I get a ride on the MILD Thunder?? Me and the wife had a good time.

Todd has an interesting way of breaking in drives

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47vhiP5vFoY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou3b7vcs4OM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnLHxR3aZGQ

Joe And Ryan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQLzfq-tolg

mounted on the deck it just don`t do it justice , but heres a bit of you todd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCV0NxrEv_E
    Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 08-22-2011 at 09:41 AM.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice vids there.....

When racing, Rick attaches them to the side of his helmet. Maybe a small bike helmet with the camera stuck to it when running hard.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Dan...you were in SOUTH Haven...not NEW Haven. Geez! lol. Sorry we bugged out without saying goodbye...I am still having the charging problem, so we put it back on the trailer and brought it back to Dave.

And yesterday, that water SUCKED. My ears are still bleeding from my mom screaming in the back seat, my parents' friend Ana was SITTING ON THE FLOOR she was so scared...and I was only going 45. The whole valance that covers the indirect lights in my bow came down...ripped the vinyl at each screw hole. And then, when I dropped the boat off, the jack on the front of my trailer broke. If my boat somehow makes it through Labor Day weekend, I'm hanging it up.

4. Collapse Details

Yes, the water was rough... but if you clench real tight... it was fun lol! We had a good time..

Mike and Joe,
    Sorry to hear about the breakages.... it sucks!

5. Collapse Details

Ya, it was some good water on sunday thats for sure!! I didn't even see Todd and Dan when Me, Mike, and Ryan pulled out of the channel. I was having a blast heading South looking for them along the beaches while doing some wave crushing. I was having a little too much fun for my standard engine hatches. Looked back to see where Mike and Ryan were, they were a ways behind, then I noticed they turned back towards South Haven. So I turned around and started having some more fun. Finally I hear a yell, " HEY JOE!!!!" I turned around to see Keith holding one of my sunpad cushions in his hand, and the other one was MIA. He asked me if he should put the one he had in the cabin, and I was so pissed, I said "Just throw that MF'n thing overboard!". Those DAMN cushions and pads have been taken off, siliconed, liquid nailed, and screwed, and lag bolted. I am done with them and will begin my race hatch build today. I been wanting to build a set, and now I HAVE to build them lol.

So then as we are heading back north, getting some nice air shots, one motor shuts down. Just quits. Intially I feel it, and look at my tachs, UH OH I think. Now i really did it I am thinking. So i come back to idle, raise the hatches, and cross my fingers as I crank the ignition switch. It cranks fine! Ok, well thats good! So keith grabs the wheel to keep us pointed into the swells ,while I find out wtf happend. About 45 seconds later, I find what I was looking for, a broken ignition wire going into the MSD box. Made a quick fix for that and get right back going again. Luckily I was able to find and fix the problem, bc it would have been a real $hitty ride back to the harbor on one engine in those swells. Good Stuff though.

Other than that, it was all good, really had a good time running hard out there sunday in that snot. If you don't break anything, you just weren't running hard enough! lol

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by teamsynergy View Post
    Yes, the water was rough... but if you clench real tight... it was fun lol! We had a good time..

Mike and Joe,
    Sorry to hear about the breakages.... it sucks!
    I had a blast on saturday just watching that Sonic "Get Some". I was looking over at you while we were heading back north and loving it. Good Job running that boat.

Saturday night we were talking about our ride earlier in the day while at the dock. Keith mentioned to his Girlfriend that if she wasn't on board, that I would have really been running alot harder. He knows I don't want anyone being terrified or getting hurt. She came up to me and told me basically that is unacceptable! Well ask and you shall recieve then! Sunday she should have had windshield wipers on her sunglasses, and tall Keith finally decided to find a seat and sit down and hold on. They loved it
    Last edited by MILD THUNDER; 08-22-2011 at 08:58 AM.

7. Collapse Details

Here is the ride down on sunday to the power plant... we got a little wet in the beginning!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtjnuMAHFo8

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here is the ride down on sunday to the power plant... we got a little wet in the beginning!!!

That is some snotty stuff. I always hate it when you're thinking, "I've got it figured out now, Oh Schit!!!!, Guess Not" as you pick yourself up off the floor......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

9. Collapse Details

Cool , I should have gotten closer.
    I`m just happy nothing broke, My A.T. would have gone thru like 3 drives by weekends end lol

Erica is not happy in that stuff and that keeps me off the throttles, guess thats not a bad thing for the Bravo 1`s.

Mike, its New Haven since it was my first time there, on Labor Day it will be South Haven ok!?!?
    Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 08-22-2011 at 10:08 AM.

10. Collapse Details

Wouldn't it go to "Old Haven" then? Or is that for AFTER Labor Day?

11. Collapse Details

Mike,
    As I said before... Michelle is more than welcome to come out with us next weekend if you still have issues. Then again, you will always have "issues", the boat hopefully will be fixed with new alternators.. if that is the culprit...

On second thought, I guess you can come too lol!

12. Collapse Details

Great Video's guys.

What program are you guys using to edit your GO Pro videos for You Tube?

Mark

13. Collapse Details

I use Nero... I use it for burning and they have the video editing software that I have a very basic understanding for... Here's a link:

http://www.nero.com/enu/vision-xtra-overview.html

14. Collapse Details

I think we should all write letters to the county and city of south haven in regards to the police harrassment that goes on there.

The sheriff officers were cool, and I'm sure they are just doing what their management wants, but Wtf. They literally sit out there ALL weekend long, stopping boat after boat after boat. Between our little group, we probably spent well over a thousand bucks in slips, food and drink in 2 days. Every boater in that marina was complaining about the water cops hassling people for no good reason. If they keep that up, I personally will find another town to boat in. That cop I was talking to, had a 2 page list of all the boats he stopped that day. That's ridiculous.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    I had a blast on saturday just watching that Sonic "Get Some". I was looking over at you while we were heading back north and loving it. Good Job running that boat.

Saturday night we were talking about our ride earlier in the day while at the dock. Keith mentioned to his Girlfriend that if she wasn't on board, that I would have really been running alot harder. He knows I don't want anyone being terrified or getting hurt. She came up to me and told me basically that is unacceptable! Well ask and you shall recieve then! Sunday she should have had windshield wipers on her sunglasses, and tall Keith finally decided to find a seat and sit down and hold on. They loved it

So tall Keith has a girlfriend!!!!!! lol

16. Collapse Details

Looks like you all finally got your kidneys beaten loose. Missed some good water this weekend. Did Ryan break (based on Dan's comment above)?
    Mike-too bad your family day went that bad, at least they will remember it! Hopefully Dave put's a pair of voltage reg's in it for you.
    Dan & Todd, nice video's.

Hope to see you guys this coming weekend.

17. Collapse Details

You will find that when it's rough out like it was sunday out there, if you run fast enough, you can stay on top of the waves. Some may think that it get worst, but actually it's alot smoother running at 70 than it is at 45-50.

In 4 ftrs I usually like to run between 70-80, and it runs right off the tops of everything and there's no bouncin up and down, and poundin the nose into the swells. Try it, you might like it better.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    I think we should all write letters to the county and city of south haven in regards to the police harrassment that goes on there.

The sheriff officers were cool, and I'm sure they are just doing what their management wants, but Wtf. They literally sit out there ALL weekend long, stopping boat after boat after boat. Between our little group, we probably spent well over a thousand bucks in slips, food and drink in 2 days. Every boater in that marina was complaining about the water cops hassling people for no good reason. If they keep that up, I personally will find another town to boat in. That cop I was talking to, had a 2 page list of all the boats he stopped that day. That's ridiculous.
    Thats the same thing the coast guard does in Michigan City, but they are out for blood. The water cops in South Haven seem pretty cool, as long as ur not totally hammered and your safety stuff is in order. I remember one year in Michigan City the Coast Guard had officers standing on the pier head by the
    yacht club waving people down to check them out.

19. Collapse Details

I try and not have eye contact with them... this way I really dont know if they were waving me down lol...

20. Collapse Details

I try and not have eye contact with them... this way I really dont know if they were waving me down lol...
    I tried that while they had you stopped and snuck past you guys. No luck, they still followed me in. lol