1. Collapse Details
    Wanted: 7.3 Powerstroke tuner/chip
    Hey guys, I'm looking for a programmer, chip etc for my late 99 f250. Anyone have something they want to get rid of CHEAP? Truck is stock, except for tire size, just looking for a little more power and throttle response.

Thanks

2. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    I put a DIABLO SPORT in my last 2000 dually ,,it was very cheep , new,, and worked well pulling the race boat across the country,,
    ps be carefull ,,some program tuners have 3 or 4 programs in them,,BUT if one is down laoded ,,you can NOT get another one out,,.good luck
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

3. Collapse Details

The Diablo seems to be the way to go so far.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by inbetween View Post
    Hey guys, I'm looking for a programmer, chip etc for my late 99 f250. Anyone have something they want to get rid of CHEAP? Truck is stock, except for tire size, just looking for a little more power and throttle response.

Thanks
    I have a Superchips plug in non adjustable chip you could have for $50 shipped. It plugs into the servive port on the ECU............thinks its 40 or 60 HP, cant remember exactly. Send me an email if you want it.

Thanks, Pat
    osptransport1@gmail.com

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by pat@osp View Post
    I have a Superchips plug in non adjustable chip you could have for $50 shipped. It plugs into the servive port on the ECU............thinks its 40 or 60 HP, cant remember exactly. Send me an email if you want it.

Thanks, Pat
    osptransport1@gmail.com
    I found an inexpensive hypertecch programmer that I bought, is this chip something that I can run at the same time? I have also changed the factory muffler to one from Grand Rock Truck Exhaust

6. Collapse Details

Don`t get a tuner, get a chip. I`ve tried many and the best one is http://www.dp-tuner.com/

I have 5 on the fly choices

1. Stock.. holy slow
    2. 60 hp towing
    3. 80 hp quiet
    4. 80 hp loud due to higher injector pressure (better gas mileage)
    5. 120hp extreme tune

7. Collapse Details

Get a Cummins.

8. Collapse Details

At the truck pulls, the Cummins and Duramaxes usually outnumber the psd in the event, but the trucks used to tow the pulling truck to the pull - It's kinda funny to see the winning dodge on a trailer being pulled home by a ford

9. Collapse Details

Dodge lmfao im a dealer i cant find one to sell without rust unless its at least a 2008, They are a poor excuse for a truck, thats why you see more superdutys pulling loads around the world than all the others combined.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by inbetween View Post
    I found an inexpensive hypertecch programmer that I bought, is this chip something that I can run at the same time? I have also changed the factory muffler to one from Grand Rock Truck Exhaust

Do you have AutoEnginuity yet, or a friend w/it.
    I'm a CHEVY. guy @ heart, but i own a PSD, (and have owned couple others.) its a work truck , and i cannot imagine, not having one in my arsenal.
    PSD's when they're right 7.3's that is (no experience any others) they're very impressive powerhousees. But when they're off, watch out!
    I'm also a decent wrench. (nobody touches my trucks mechanically, but me.)
    PSD as far as trouble shooting, gave me one the biggest challenges of my life, mechanically.
    In my opinion, AutoEnginuity, is a must, if you work on it yourself, spare CMP, spare IDM, spare ECU. in that order ,or have easy access to all of the above. Is the only way to live w/ them.
    Last edited by TUCK646; 09-25-2012 at 11:07 PM.

11. Collapse Details

I've read on several PSD forums, that more than a few of the PSD programmers, out there are not so plug and play. Seems to me if your not somewhat technically proficient in programming, some of the programmers, will make you walk.