1. Collapse Details
    Big Thanks to ICDEDPPL....
    Gina's Mothers A/C unit decided to take a crap this week, of all times, had to be this week when the heat index was 110*. Great. So now what right?

Her Mom called the hvac place that installed the unit about 12 years ago. I went over to meet the AC guy, as didn't want her mother alone in the house. The guy comes out, looks at a few things, and puts a gauge on the ac unit, it had 0 psi in the unit. Now, it was working fine on sunday, 68 degrees in the house, then she heard a noise, and the air got warm, and that was the end of it. So, the guy suggest's attempting to recharge the system with Freon, and go from there. Mind you, freon was $55 a pound, and the unit could hold 4-5lbs. I know nothing about ac systems, but something told me that if it was fine, and all of a sudden it stopped, there must have sprung a leak. I didn't see a point in wasting 250.00 in freon, just for it to blow out all over. Between the freon, and the service call, she would have been out almost 400 bucks, and and all we would have known is there is a leak. Ok, well I kinda knew that already. Then he said they would need to come back, do a nitrogen test to find the leak (for 200-300 more dollars). We havent even got into parts replacement yet! So, I basically told the guy to forget it, paid him his service call charge and sent him on his way.

Tall Keith and I decided to do our own leak test. In 10 minutes, we found the compressor had blown in the unit outside. Got in touch with Dan (ICDEDPPL). He gave me a few options, which i had to run by her mother, depending on which route to go. Once she decided to purchase a whole new unit (rather than just replaceing the compressor), I told dan lets do it. Within a few hours, Dan was out there by himself, installing the new unit. Everything working GREAT now.

Dan saved her alot of money, and got the unit in right away, which in this heat, is worth its weight in gold. I got there after work and Dan was finishing up. He knows his stuff thats for sure!

So, if anyone is having heating and air issues, I highly recommend Dan. I am sure he will not try to nickel and dime you to death with bs fee's and what not, like the first company wanted to do to us. He wont steer you wrong. Just good old fashioned type of business, no bs. Which is rare to come by these days.

Thanks Again Dan!

2. Collapse Details

Congrats
    Its nice to have friends like that
    Amazing how many people get the shaft on so much stuff
    The HVAC contractor in my area has been getting RICH
    I cannot believe how the neighbors get raped and tell me what a great guy he is
    Nice that you spread the word when you get treated so well too.

3. Collapse Details

Hey Dan... recharge my boat air will ya?? I hate it when I cant keep it 60 degrees in there without the system freezing... lol...

4. Collapse Details
    Thanx for the post Joe!
    Joe, I have a list a mile long of emails between us when I was looking for a boat so I appreciate you helping me out and I`m glad I can return the favor.

As long as its not too far from my service area I`d be happy to help anyone out here.

http://www.accumaxinc.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AccuMa...57254804332810

Todd I trade refrigerant for wideband o2 meters

5. Collapse Details

yeah... you can borrow it lol