Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Hey guys, love all the plans you all are making. I love it when we see you all heading in and love your support of the race.
    I can actually get the wall for you guys all weekend for anyone who wants to come in between Thursday and Sunday. Harbormaster is on board. And no barges blocking your way, this year.
    Mike has been in touch with me letting me know what you guys are planning.
    Let me know what you all want to do and I'll do whatever I can to make it happen.
    And hollar at me any time either here, on OSO or more directly by email at jason@michigancitylaporte.com.
    See you in a few weeks,
    j.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    An Idea that I had, and would like some feedback on this..would be...

Let's say we get 50 boats this year to meet outside Burns Ditch like last year. We get everyone to line up north to south, almost like in a starting line position, 50 boats wide, spaced say 100FT apart from each other. Myself, and two or three other boats line up in front of them, being spaced quite a bit from each other. Myself, and the two other boats will act as pace boats. Once we give the signal and start going, EVERYONE stays behind myself and the other two pace boats, running along at 60mph or so. All in a single goal line type of formation. We continue to run in this formation UNTIL we hit the pier head at michigan city, staying outside the MC breakwall. Once we hit the pier head, everyone who wants to, FIREWALLS IT towards New Buffalo.

The people in michigan city, whether in town, or standing at the beach for spectating, will get to hear 100+ big blocks screaming at 5000+rpm as we go by. Our presence will definitly not go unnoticed!

Now, I know everyone is thinking, there is no way some guys are going to follow route, and cruise at 60mph. Like last year, everyone met up, waited for me to get on plane (I promise this year wont take so long lol) and then just hammered it. While I can totally understand the guys who have 100mph boats want to show off their goods, all we can do is ask that they don't shoot their wad's so early. Granted, alot of guys who showed up last year are not on here, or oso, and found out thru word of mouth. SO, what I am thinking ,rather than meeting Initially at portage, we all raft up on saturday, on the wall at michigan city. Each boat operator gets a paper flyer, stating some details about the run, from the itinerary of it, to the real reason for it (Brian Miller JR.). That will give us a chance to get organized, show off the boats, etc. Raft up at noon, then depart for portage say at 2pm. We shut down in portage, re-group, then head back to MC. Once we get back to MC, then we possibly do a beach raftup/party for whoever is interested.

Then of course Meeting at Matey's after Dark for cocktails. Thoughts?
    LOVE this idea, Thunder.
    And Matey's loves it too!
    I'd love to make a huge show out of all you guys showing up at the same time. Let me know solid plans ASAP and I'll start pubbing it as a "must-see" race event.

3. Collapse Details

Just got slips for Ryan and I reserved.

Bz, your a idea man and I like it. However, I think Andy is right about new buffalo.

4. Collapse Details

Only problem I see mike reeves is that 1030 am is gonna be hard for a lot of guys coming from Chicago on Saturday morning. Thinking 12-2pm might allow for more boats to get there and join in.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jmill36 View Post
    LOVE this idea, Thunder.
    And Matey's loves it too!
    I'd love to make a huge show out of all you guys showing up at the same time. Let me know solid plans ASAP and I'll start pubbing it as a "must-see" race event.
    Lets hope the coasties and dnr don't get safety check happy!!! Looking forward to it!!!! Jason, sc288 and I are both local Laportians. Let us know
    if you need a hand in any way!!!!!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jmill36 View Post
    Hey guys, love all the plans you all are making. I love it when we see you all heading in and love your support of the race.
    I can actually get the wall for you guys all weekend for anyone who wants to come in between Thursday and Sunday. Harbormaster is on board. And no barges blocking your way, this year.
    Mike has been in touch with me letting me know what you guys are planning.
    Let me know what you all want to do and I'll do whatever I can to make it happen.
    And hollar at me any time either here, on OSO or more directly by email at jason@michigancitylaporte.com.
    See you in a few weeks,
    j.
    Hey Jason... any chance on speeding up the new boat launch and having it done by the races lol???

7. Collapse Details

OK all done slip booked 800 dock as well....the ACE's will be in town

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Lets hope the coasties and dnr don't get safety check happy!!! Looking forward to it!!!! Jason, sc288 and I are both local Laportians. Let us know
    Yes, I second that. Maybe a phone call to the dnr/sheriff over there giving them a heads up would be cool. Last year I don't think they knew anything other than a bunch of gofast boats were cruising the river aimlessly looking for trouble. I remember them stopping the hippie kid and he had to hide his stash in a hurry!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    Only problem I see mike reeves is that 1030 am is gonna be hard for a lot of guys coming from Chicago on Saturday morning. Thinking 12-2pm might allow for more boats to get there and join in.
    Yeah I know....it would be fun to watch practice from the beach though....we willl not be able to see really any of the practice any of it being tied up from 12 - 2 and then starting the run around 2:30 or 3....just a thought though.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    Yeah I know....it would be fun to watch practice from the beach though....we willl not be able to see really any of the practice any of it being tied up from 12 - 2 and then starting the run around 2:30 or 3....just a thought though.
    Good point. Maybe they can do the practice later? Let me make a call lol

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by teamsynergy View Post
    Hey Jason... any chance on speeding up the new boat launch and having it done by the races lol???
    Ha, I'll see what I can do.
    Really, though, I've been hoping for that for two years.
    We just keep waiting.

12. Collapse Details

That's awesome, man. I appreciate it.
    I remember meeting you and Mike at our tent last year.
    Anything you guys need, just let me know.

13. Collapse Details

Called and got on 800 dock also. Of course I had to cancel BZ's spot and moved him to the 200 Dock LOL

Mark

14. Collapse Details

200 dock... thats still too close... need to move him to trail creek lol...

15. Collapse Details

For anyone who is into stick boats, ferrys singing on the dock while strumming a guitar or wine drinking while eating cheese the 500 dock is for you....LOL My good buddy Bryce suggested that for us last year and let me tell you it was a blast....

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    For anyone who is into stick boats, ferrys singing on the dock while strumming a guitar or wine drinking while eating cheese the 500 dock is for you....LOL My good buddy Bryce suggested that for us last year and let me tell you it was a blast....
    Thats why he suggested it, right up yours and strouds alley

17. Collapse Details

Thats why he suggested it, right up yours and strouds alley
    He suggested it as he said it would be easier to get into the boat for the ladies....I would rather swim to the boat than stay on that dock again!

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MrCig View Post
    Called and got on 800 dock also. Of course I had to cancel BZ's spot and moved him to the 200 Dock LOL

Mark
    Shoulda moved him to new buffalos harbor.

Hey mark, are we gonna be running from hammond together again this year? You bring the feta cheese and ill bring the proscuito and homeade wine...

BTW, can we bring the dinghy? And can I drive it!?!

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by teamsynergy View Post
    200 dock... thats still too close... need to move him to trail creek lol...
    great now I have to walk even further.....LOL

20. Collapse Details

Has anyone contacted Mr Miller ?