Thread: Madison SVL run

1. Collapse Details
    Madison SVL run
    Charter Member / Competitor
    On Sat morning there was a hour of testing on the short course. It was 1.7 miles oval. The same course the Hydros were running on at 200 MPH. SVL heat 1 on Sat was a 5 lap shoot out that Typhoon got to the pin first and held the inside lane. Pirates were out running us on the outside but had more distance to cover. On the last lap Typhoon squeezed out a 3 boat win. Octane was running the Crocket and just getting the feel of the boat and didnt fair so well. Heat 2 on Sun Another great start and Typhoon excellerated to turn one first again. Octain and Pirate got there at the same time and had a small bump off each other but kept there speed up. Again Pirates boat cought us and we bobbled a turn on the inside lane and they pulled a 3 boat lead which they siezed the opertunity and won the heat followed by Typhoon. The 3rd heat the Octane boat had the pole and beat us all to turn one leaving Typhoon in the middle and Pirates on the out side. Pirates pushing hard to keep speed on the out side almost lost it twice but recovered. Octain was checking out by 6 boat lengths and Typhoon and Pirates were batteling for 2nd. Next thing I know they were gone and did a major spinout ending there day. No damage was done and we are all ready for Detroit for next week. I understand Time Bandit will be in the house and looking for Possably the Doc and anyone else. The more the boats the bigger the purse. Martin delivered on everything he said including free rooms for the race team.
    MD
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

2. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    (quote) Martin sent out the racers packet today and it looks very impressive. Aprox $40,000 in purse money...
    just asking ,,how was the purse devided out,,,between u 3 ,,?
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Are you heading home and then back to Detroit Randy?

And congrats to all three of you, each with a heat win.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Sounds like some exciting racing. Good luck to you all in Detroit.

5. Collapse Details

Before the race the class wanted to split the purse equaly So thats how we did it.
    MD

6. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    So does that mean you each got 13,333.33 ,,,,? good job,,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

7. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    So does that mean you each got 13,333.33 ,,,,? good job,,,
    Guess I need to find one of these boats. How many P1 events left, I have a individual who is interested in sponsoring a boat, If we can make over 10k at each event and get the rest of the season in, he may jump at that little investment.

8. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    On Sat morning there was a hour of testing on the short course. It was 1.7 miles oval. The same course the Hydros were running on at 200 MPH. SVL heat 1 on Sat was a 5 lap shoot out that Typhoon got to the pin first and held the inside lane. Pirates were out running us on the outside but had more distance to cover. On the last lap Typhoon squeezed out a 3 boat win. Octane was running the Crocket and just getting the feel of the boat and didnt fair so well. Heat 2 on Sun Another great start and Typhoon excellerated to turn one first again. Octain and Pirate got there at the same time and had a small bump off each other but kept there speed up. Again Pirates boat cought us and we bobbled a turn on the inside lane and they pulled a 3 boat lead which they siezed the opertunity and won the heat followed by Typhoon. The 3rd heat the Octane boat had the pole and beat us all to turn one leaving Typhoon in the middle and Pirates on the out side. Pirates pushing hard to keep speed on the out side almost lost it twice but recovered. Octain was checking out by 6 boat lengths and Typhoon and Pirates were batteling for 2nd. Next thing I know they were gone and did a major spinout ending there day. No damage was done and we are all ready for Detroit for next week. I understand Time Bandit will be in the house and looking for Possably the Doc and anyone else. The more the boats the bigger the purse. Martin delivered on everything he said including free rooms for the race team.
    MD
    Three boats, Three heats, Three different winners ? That is exciting stuff !! and a check for $13,333.33 Put me in coach.............

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    Three boats, Three heats, Three different winners ? That is exciting stuff !! and a check for $13,333.33 Put me in coach.............
    Sounds like a great time and great racing
    TEAM 531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY OFFSHORE RACING
    www.WHOZYOURDADDYRACING.com
    OPA THE JERSEY BOYZ

10. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    Guess I need to find one of these boats. How many P1 events left, I have a individual who is interested in sponsoring a boat, If we can make over 10k at each event and get the rest of the season in, he may jump at that little investment.
    4...Detroit this weekend, Morehead City 19-21 August, followed by Houston and San Diego.

11. Collapse Details

Jonesn, Whats the best airport for your race in NC?

12. Collapse Details

Registered
    Randy there is a local municipal airport about 5 minutes from the pits, however they do not have commercial service...for commercial airline service the closest will be New Bern (EWN) which is about a 30 minute drive. Look forward to meeting you and if you have any other questions feel free to give me or Jeff a call, my cell is 252-723-1799.

DJ