1. Collapse Details
    SBI races in Europe
    Competitor
    IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    Ukrainian Spirit to race New York and Key West World Championship events
    Viktor Shemchuk to compete
    KEY WEST, Fla (June 26, 2011) – Super Boat International Productions (SBIP) President, John Carbonell has signed a contract with Viktor Shemchuk, President of the Ukraine Power Boat National Federation to represent SBIP in Europe. Mr. Shemchuk will negotiate with European power boat race teams for competition in races with Super Boat International for 2011 and the 2012 racing season. Extension to the contract can be continued with agreement of both sides. European Race teams will run under the rules of Super Bot International and will become members of SBIP. Super Boat International continues to sanction events anywhere in the world. Previous events in the Bahamas, Argentina and standing contract with the Japanese Powerboat Association proves Super Boat International’s worldwide presence.
    Shemchuk’s race boat, Ukrainian Spirit, a 42’ Vee bottom and the 40’ Seagull plan on racing this year in the 21st Annual New York Grand Prix and 31st Annual Key West World Championship events. SBIP will act as the representative and management organization of the Ukrainian race teams in the United States.
    “This contract has set a new era in Super Boat Racing making it World Wide and racing under one rulebook. I look forward to working with Viktor and all of the race teams that will be racing in our events and in the Key West World Championship,” said Carbonell.
    More About Super Boat International
    Super Boat International (SBI), is the premier offshore racing institution founded from the first ever powerboat race, the 1956 Miami to Nassau event, and is the longest running professional offshore racing sanctioning body in North America. Founder and President, John Carbonell produces races, world kilos and distance records throughout the United States, South America and the Bahamas. SBI events include the World’s fastest Vee Bottom and Catamaran style powerboats, reaching speeds in excess of 200 mph. Offshore powerboats race on a rectangular shaped stadium-styled racecourse along a 2-1/2 mile stretch of beaches filled with hotels, vendors and race fans.
    ###

2. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Be very cool if we see all the Evolution, Sportman class European boats in KW this yr.

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Be very cool if we see all the Evolution, Sportman class European boats in KW this yr.
    That would be more than very cool, that would be outstanding.......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

A few interesting links:

Photos - http://www.powerboating.be/component...er/Itemid,179/

Apparently the owner isn't happy - http://www.independent.com.mt/news.a...sitemid=126947
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

5. Collapse Details

Competitor
    From what I heard the boats the do come over to race KW this yr, will also stay and race the 2012 season .

Wow thanks for the links that is one beautiful looking boat.

Two boats will be at the NYC race 1 Evolution and 1 Sportsman ....They have been shipped already.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post

Two boats will be at the NYC race 1 Evolution and 1 Sportsman ....They have been shipped already.
    Are these new classes offered in SBI? If so where can I find the rules specifically for the SuperSport class and with the title of the press release being "SBI races in Europe" where can we find the SBI European schedule?

For 2012 we are looking into the option of racing abroad as well as in the US and would like to know what options are available.

Thanks in advance

TC
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

7. Collapse Details

The schedule and rules are printed on the inside of your Kilt

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by extras View Post
    The schedule and rules are printed on the inside of your Kilt
    You better becareful, I can change that 107 on your boat back to 307 real quick like lololololol
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

9. Collapse Details

as far as i know, the supersport would run P3 here and in europe its a HP to weight, min 33 feet twin engines only avrg speed 85 ?! 95% sure.

The Spirit, will probably run in P1 or Super V unlimited here ?!

That would be my guess..and i think its a cool step for racing !

10. Collapse Details

Very Cool!
    .......Augie Pensa.......

The Godfather