1. Collapse Details
    Edge Insight cts or cs?
    friend just picked up a 05 F-250 Lariat Crew short bed. Looking to help him out with upgrading it, need a tow rig some day for my boat right?

I was looking at the Edge Insight cts or cs... any suggestions or experiance?

2. Collapse Details

I had never heard of those before, Brian. Sure looks interesting.
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

3. Collapse Details

Programmer(chip) right?

4. Collapse Details

yep its a in cab on the fly programmer/ display of engine vitals and such.

5. Collapse Details

I have the cts, the screen is larger than the ct. The amount of info it displays will blow your mind. I bought it mainly to monitor the temp differential between the engine oil and the coolant (critical for detecting the beginning of an egr failure on the 6.0s). BTW, the insight isnt a programmer.

6. Collapse Details

I run a Duramax, so I can not comment on Ford tuners. All I can say is I have run both Banks and Edge tuners on my truck. I would buy a Banks tuner. Much better for towing and fuel economy. There was no power difference between the two. Jeff Wurl

7. Collapse Details

Read this thread: http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...-build-279916/

Follow the advice given by ex mounty and your 6.0 will last a long time. When it comes to chiping, tuning, or otherwise modding a 6.0 for increased HP, the general consensus is to leave it the hell alone. The stock EGR system, along with the stock coolant, and head bolts do not respond well to horesepower mods. At best, do a turbo or cat back exhaust and buy an insight, or similar to monitor the engine vitals, early detection of EGR and coolant problems can save you thousands of dollars in repair bills. Dont waste your time or $$ with trying to upgrade the air intake system, the oem setup will support up to 500 hp.

There is an endless amount of knowledge and advice on the diesel stop forums, take a little time to educate yourself and hopefully you wont be one of those guys crying the blues about their fubared 6.0.

8. Collapse Details

Thanks guys I'll look into it. Seems like there is quite a few small things that can go a long way with the 6.0's.

9. Collapse Details

That's a great thread by ex mounty... lots of numbers to remember. I wonder if you can set certain temp warnings on the cts monitor to warn you if a certain temp is over a limit that you set it at. ???

10. Collapse Details

I have the insight CS, but it is just gauges. It is a general consensus that the shift on the fly programmers are not too friendly with the torqueshift transmission behind the 6.0. IF you want a tuner, get an SCT with custom tunes. I have tunes from Innovative diesel, and Gearhead Automotive Performance. I run Gearheads SRL as my everyday driver, the power is killer as well as the shifting, and the mileage. The tow tune from innovative is really good, but I really don't care for the other tunes I have from them.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BDC1013 View Post
    . I wonder if you can set certain temp warnings on the cts monitor to warn you if a certain temp is over a limit that you set it at. ???
    Yes, you can set, high and low alarms for just about everything.

12. Collapse Details

One other thing, with the Insight, if you want to moniter EGT, fuel pressure, and a few other odd ball things. You will have to buy the EAS add ons for each item.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Yes, you can set, high and low alarms for just about everything.
    very cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    One other thing, with the Insight, if you want to moniter EGT, fuel pressure, and a few other odd ball things. You will have to buy the EAS add ons for each item.
    I was thinking of maybe a turbo timer, so you dont have to sit in the cab while the turbo and EGT come down to 350. But like you said... still need to install a EGT bung and install a sensor.