Thread: Hot Hot Hot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Hot Hot Hot
    Charter Member / Competitor
    Madison looks like the place to be on the 4th of July weekend for SVL and SS race boats. I have never been there but heard they have a hugh fan base that comes every year for the Hydro's. I think at least 5 SVL teams will be in the house !!!
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

2. Collapse Details

No place is better than Sarasota!!! Bar none!!! Guess George and I will just cruise to victory!!! Instead of blasting to victory!!! Lol have fun wherever you race and be safe and have fun!!!

3. Collapse Details

I agree Sarasota is a great site. Some of us are looking at the long term growth of the SVL class and the sacrafices we need to make. We have tryed the rest and now feel there may be a new way to grow our class. Loyalty to a series is most important to grow a class. The promotor needs to know who is in and who is not so they can advertise the class with an aprox boat count at each event. Picking and chosing just doesnt work to grow a class. SBI,OSS,POPRA and OPA have great sites but if they cant count on you at all there races then you are going to hurt the org's and promotors. Pick a org and do all there races and if you can make some of the others then do them but dont play all the org's leaving them to wonder if you might show. Some of the SVL have chosen P1 as there org and will do other races if they can with differant org's. Maybe Im a dreamer, but I do know what doesnt work!!!
    MD

4. Collapse Details

ok bye!!! lol good luck and have fun

5. Collapse Details

Whats your plan to grow the class????

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ccracing View Post
    No place is better than Sarasota!!! Bar none!!! Guess George and I will just cruise to victory!!! Instead of blasting to victory!!! Lol have fun wherever you race and be safe and have fun!!!
    let us know how that works out for you.

good luck....you'll need it!

7. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    are you coming bruce ? i know you have a really nice boat,, it would be great to race you too,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

8. Collapse Details

?????????????????????????????????????????????

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Randy what ever happened to the torque sensor? Did they make it over from Europe yet? I think they sent them a year and half ago.

10. Collapse Details

Competitor
    I so wanted into this class earlier, and after two events with SVL boats, it appears as though my inability to get involved is a good thing. Some say they are working towards growing a class, but all you guys can never get together, absolutely befuddles me. I know you have to pick sites you can get to and afford, but there are certain things that the past has dictated are going to suck, let those sites, or org's fail, and get together for some quality racing. This onsie twosie boat stuff is not racing, or helping grow a class or org.

11. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    What 5 SVls anyway?

12. Collapse Details

Competitor
    IMO Miklos playing with the Flipavator, does not constitute a "Good" Race. Nor does Staged events "Make it look good for TV" ....lame.!!

13. Collapse Details

J,

Why arent you racing right now? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see two things, priorities(family) and money. Diapers for the youngsters are way more important than race fuel any day. I am NOT condoning what the "SVL All Stars" did in OB was right, in fact it was a total embarrassment to our sport, however who got all the coverage on the VS telecast other than the"Geico vs Qatar" showdown? The "SVL All Stars" They were the poster children in Powerboat in the next issue. But I do have to take my hat off to them as if they could have kept their mouths shut, only the racers would have known that it was staged and the it would have generated more fan interest in our sport. That in turn brings sponsor dollars which for some teams is the only way we race. Sponsor dollars come in then us teams can afford to pay top drivers as yourself to come out and race. I dont have a problem with "Gentleman's agreements" (ie 8 lap race, race the first 4 together then turn it loose for the final 4) but the total race, what a joke.

I'll go out on a limb and tell you the final results of the upcoming colossal battle in Madison in P1 SVL:

1) Watch your Back(they made it thru Biloxi P1 tech, shouldnt be an issue here)
    2) Typhoon
    3) Simmons/Octane(if hes up and running,which as talented a racer he is, shouldnt be an issue)
    4) Pirate

Wow how dramatic......... And J I am so sorry I ruined it for you and let you know the results b4 the race, but think about it, its really not rocket science The only thing that could screw up the finishing order above is if Progressive shows up, then he's guaranteed the first place trophy. When he sweats, it is golden;when he pees, excellence excretes itself into the stall. And to think some idiot on the other board said I have nothing nice to say about racers or any organization............
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

14. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey Trent, how are you doing.....

I'm not so sure P1 tech'd in Biloxi .....

The boat was certainly not legal by P1 rules, they took the teams word......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

15. Collapse Details

The torque sensors are avaiable but have not been desighned to run on bravo drives. Why put any money into development with out comitment from the race teams. Martin is willing to buy a portable Dyno if the there is enough teams comitted. In the end we should all pick what is best for the class to grow and not whats best for ourselves. I truley believe Martin has the next best game plan to move our class forward. Money,TV,fan base,sites and fresh new way of racing our boats so it doesnt look like a parade for 30 minutes. Nothing else has worked so why not try it?
    Mark it looks like
    Typhoon
    Pirates
    Octane
    Progressive
    Wild Card (not sure)
    Watch Your Back (never know)

Are you racing 4th of July somewhere? I sure miss racing you guys.

16. Collapse Details

It sounds like we will be doing heat races on Sat and Sun like we did in Detroit last year. Also there will be a new course set up for match races that is a lot like what they do in monster truck racing. It looks like a lot of fun. A weekend full of racing in your boat not just a one race event.
    MD

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Hey Trent, how are you doing.....

I'm not so sure P1 tech'd in Biloxi .....

The boat was certainly not legal by P1 rules, they took the teams word......
    Hey Paul,

Keeping my head above water(or at least trying to these days lol) How are you getting along?

I didnt realize that P1 tech consisted of the racers word, wow hope that changes quickly lololol
    www.tntoffshore.com

18. Collapse Details

Randy,

You approached me in KW with a truce and I am a man of my word. You seem to be the leader of this new P1 SVL contingent so I beg of you, get your guys on their best behavior. These H1 guys dont play around and point blank, think offshore is a joke. Dont think for a minute they wont cancel the agreement between H1 and P1 and tell Martin what to do with himself. This agreement can be very beneficial to all of offshore racing and now you and your followers are at the forefront. Please no banana hammocks in the bikini contest, etc. They will be watching every move you guys make under a microscope. Your a hell of a racer, show them what offshore is all about.

TC
    Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 06-03-2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: sp
    www.tntoffshore.com

19. Collapse Details

Sounds like you don't want us to have fun and by the way they don't think offshore is a joke. They were very excited to have us and bring a new dimension to there fans. There fans loved us in Detroit.

20. Collapse Details

Hey its your call big guy, have all the fun you want, I dont have any ties to H1 whatsoever(cough cough giggle giggle) I know nothing as usual, do what you feel is right. You are the man!!!!
    www.tntoffshore.com