Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    2002 46 prop slip made 742 hp 750 tq
    Anyone out there have a problem with prop slip got a 2002 46 ec we made 742 hp and 750 tq having a pain in the $$$ with props 1.5 xr's for now.Can't get the slip below 19% running around 82 with 28 bravo 1 we need to run 5600 rpm tried 30's slip got worst and 2 mph slower tried 28 p5x hydros ran 80 slip the same as 28's any input would be great. Thanks Ryan

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ryan9154 View Post
    Anyone out there have a problem with prop slip got a 2002 46 ec we made 742 hp and 750 tq having a pain in the $$$ with props 1.5 xr's for now.Can't get the slip below 19% running around 82 with 28 bravo 1 we need to run 5600 rpm tried 30's slip got worst and 2 mph slower tried 28 p5x hydros ran 80 slip the same as 28's any input would be great. Thanks Ryan
    try some 1/2 inch spacers !

3. Collapse Details

Hey Ryan, from what I undertsand, those slip numbers are pretty typical of the 460. If you want, you could try playing around with spacers, but the drives are already mounted pretty low. Have any of these props been worked on? Have you conisdered 6 blades? I know the 6 blades are tougher on drives, but I think they would really benefit the 460 in all aspects.

4. Collapse Details

Found a guy in ca called cutting edge props going to send me some 15.5/8 to try with a heavy cup on the whole blade and go from there but I'll see if I can get some 6 blades all props are stock at 15.1/4 I'll keep everyone posted thanks

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is the place to be for BT info.....

You may want to PM Steve David, he did a lot of the testing and setup on the 2002 EC for the factory.

He will want your X dimension, as will everyone else on here who will help. Your speed is pretty good though, is there any chance you have some kind of hull protusion in front of the drives?

I can't help much as I run with 3A's on mine....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

6. Collapse Details

What rpm was it running with the 28p props?

7. Collapse Details

Your boat should easily run 87-90 if someone could prop it! Hopefully the cutting edge props do the trick since Bblades has been dropping the ball lately. Much easier to just play guessing games on test props and still make money.

Awesome dyno numbers though! Good luck Ryan I am looking forward to my ride this summer!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by John P View Post
    What rpm was it running with the 28p props?
    Running around 5700

9. Collapse Details

Running around 5700
    What drives standard or shorties, were you trimmed way out to get that rpm? GPS speedo? Salt of fresh water?

10. Collapse Details

From talking to Ryan on the phone and boating with him last season.

Standard length, Normal trim (similiar to what the boat needed last year before mods), Brand new GPS speedo, Fresh water.

BTW Ryan can drive! He is one of the best I have ridden with. Plus he can dock the black thunder first try in a 47' wall slip without touching the boat in front, behind, or the wall next to him, with lake huron wind blowing! Plus I have ridden in his Checkmate at 100mph wondering how he makes it look so easy!

11. Collapse Details

I was not saying anything about his driving, just trying to get some questions answered to help him out. offshore: Don't always think questions are trying to be negative the more info the easier it is to help!

12. Collapse Details
    Talking
    I was not saying anything about his driving, just trying to get some questions answered to help him out. offshore: Don't always think questions are trying to be negative the more info the easier it is to help!
    d!ck............

13. Collapse Details
    Wink
    FYI, my 2002 46 with 700s would run 82. 5200-5400. It ran a 1.3 Bmax on standard lower swinging a 25 5 blade hydro. But then again, it had an ugly paint job....

Maybe you just need B-Max's ,

14. Collapse Details

Also, i recieved an email from the current owner of my 02 46 a few weeks ago and that guy is running the snot out of it everywhere in the southeast. Seems to be running well so John, theres another good story for your drives.

15. Collapse Details

What drives standard or shorties, were you trimmed way out to get that rpm? GPS speedo? Salt of fresh water?
    offshoreexcursion is correct standard drives standard trim like normal gps speedo fresh water

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by endeavor1 View Post
    FYI, my 2002 46 with 700s would run 82. 5200-5400. It ran a 1.3 Bmax on standard lower swinging a 25 5 blade hydro. But then again, it had an ugly paint job....

chris (endeavor1) thanks for that info and good to hear the old boat is running good

17. Collapse Details
    Smile
    John, I was not assuming any negative just doing exactly what you said, the more info people have the better they can help!

I think you are just mad cause I don't like your magic oil or your lower unit that uses bravo gears! I still talk good about your upper and your customer service!!

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by endeavor1 View Post

Lol! The paint was not that bad! But I get the inside joke!!!!

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by offshoreexcursion View Post
    John, I was not assuming any negative just doing exactly what you said, the more info people have the better they can help!

I think you are just mad cause I don't like your magic oil or your lower unit that uses bravo gears! I still talk good about your upper and your customer service!!
    How can I be mad at you I don't even know you, and it's no sweat off my back if you don't want to save $ on gear sets.
    Last edited by John P; 05-26-2011 at 10:22 PM.

20. Collapse Details

I feel the love really coming out in this thread.

Ryan, i hope you get your slip down but i heard the same thing Saxman said about high slip numbers were usual for the 46's. One thing i do know is that my 46 would out turn any of my 43's and my 01 43 ran much better on -2 shorties than it did on standards. Not sure exaclty why but just thought i would share that with you. Good luck with your project and keep us in the loop.

Kevin, lol, you make me laugh. You and John are too funny. I understand where you are coming from somewhat on the drives/oil but i can promise you, it works for me and that cool. John has put a bunch of work into the BMAX's including the lowers. The gears may be mercury standard but he does cryo them and the bottoms are built to a much higher standard. I ve been fortunate enough to spend some time up there recently and really get to see what it is he does and the time he takes to put this drive together. Not trying to change your opinion, just sharing. Now the oil, i like it and its working great for me. Time will tell but it makes me feel better about my drives in that heavy SOB.

John, thanks again for all that you have done for me and I will see you this weekend.

Off my soap box now......

p.s..... Sax, see attatched picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails really%20gay.jpg