1. Collapse Details
    29 fever prop questions
    I have just become the proud owner of a mint 1988 29 fever twin. trs drives turning out. 330 mercs all stock, 4 blade hydomotive 21 props. I gps 59mph @ 5000 rpms (11% slip ??) my cruise speed is 40 @ 3500 with full load of fuel and 2 people. My question is do these numbers sound right for this boat? Would I be better with 3 blade or 4 blade props for this boat and does anyone have experience with this old style boat turning the props in vs out? I mostly use this as a lake boat and do a lot of cruising but if there is a better setup for some speed that would be cool to.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    I remember when that boat was new. Most I saw were sold with Bravo's. The boat probably came with Mirages. The 330's run well propped to 4900 0r 5000. See if you can locate some 23 Mirages and see what it does. The drives then where mounted much lower than boats you see now. I would recommend turning them out. Coincidentally the 10 Meter I recently bought came with Hydromotives and I prefer to run it with Mirages. They carry the bow better and make the boat feel lighter. IMO.

Congratulations and enjoy.
    Last edited by MOBILEMERCMAN; 05-24-2011 at 09:52 PM. Reason: I would turn them out..ops

3. Collapse Details

I have a set of like new 23 Mirage plus props if needed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMESELX%3AIT

4. Collapse Details
    Smile
    We have these propellers for testing if you are still searching.

Brett
    Brett Anderson / Owner BBLADES Professional Propellers
    920-295-4435 www.bblades.com

5. Collapse Details

thanks for the replies. I have been busy boating and not surfing!.. I like the economy of the 4 blades "if there is such a thing" but would like a few more rpms. Brett, if you lab my hydromotive 21p 4 blades, can I reasonably expect 250-300 rpms? I gps 60 mph @ 5000. If I change to the 23 mirage I think I will lose some rpms? I have never had a 4 blade setup so I have to ask the more experienced crew.

6. Collapse Details

Spinning those 330hp engines past 5000rpm is a waste. The power will fall off, and the internals are really not designed for high rpm. The mirage plus will probably be your fastest prop. I'd try a 23 mirage plus.

7. Collapse Details

23 mirage plus it is. thanks for the replies