Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details
    Tube Header Exhaust
    Tube headers are just another example of another hi-performance/race derived performance item, that made its way into the consumer market, with the expectations of longevity, yet never will, due to its envirement & use. They should be used at your own risk, no matter the cost, or who the vendor is. To me, this is just a common sense issue, not rocket science. Just my .02

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OneBadInjun View Post
    Tube headers are just another example of another hi-performance/race derived performance item, that made its way into the consumer market, with the expectations of longevity, yet never will, due to its envirement & use. They should be used at your own risk, no matter the cost, or who the vendor is. To me, this is just a common sense issue, not rocket science. Just my .02
    I agree in part, but for the boater whose header failed at 25 hours of use, or at 50 hours of use, and that same boater freshwater flushed the motors/headers at the end of each use, or boated solely in fresh water, that is not a reasonable expectation of longevity. If my $50K outdrive engine package failed at 25 hours on my new $200K+ boat I would be pissed, as most of these users are, Mercury could have choose a cast header like the KE Header (pictured below), but decided to go with tubed headers. Not all the CMI headers fail, it seems there are a few years of manufacturing and design that are the primary dogs with fleas in this topic/issue especially for the 525 package.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KEHeader.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

It seems they went with style over function.
    Parabellum FJ²B

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    It seems they went with style over function.
    Exactly.