Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Smarty Banned from OSO
    Well,

Here it is, people/members/boaters were complaing about leaking/faulty headers with a specific engine builder/supplier, I am vague because I not here to start trouble, just help people, anyway I told the consumers of those exhaust headers to contact me and I would help them legally. Well since that manufacturer is also a supplier-advertiser, I was cut loose, from the other website. This is an assumption since after multiple inquiries asking why my posts are not able to viewed by the membership (I can see my posts, but no one else can, pretty tricky), I still do not have an answer.

If the exhaust headers are not faulty, no problem, but based upon the number of complaints, it appears there may have been a design and manufacturing defect associated with these headers which cost boaters, just like you and me alot of money, and lost boating season(s). This is not an advertisement for clients, but a post that saying I aint' dead and buried, just yet. Maybe this site will be understanding with me. I am not a trouble maker, just a problem solver.

If you want help e-mail me.

Stephen R. Jones
    joneslaw@comcast.net

I too love performance boating!

2. Collapse Details

I was once on here quite a bit, and left. This will be where I call home, if you (SOS) will have me?

3. Collapse Details

I haven't even glanced at OSO in a few months, so I have no idea what this is all about, or who the players are in the game (both the exhaust issue, and the issue of your banning or silencing over there).
    Quite honestly, I haven't been very involved in any websites lately - real life has been more demanding and rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    I was once on here quite a bit, and left. This will be where I call home, if you (SOS) will have me?
    May I ask why you chose to leave, and why now you want to return?
    Not that I'm going to turn you away, or that I think any other's will, unless there is something I'm unaware of.
    Just curious why you chose to leave here (you must have had a reason), and now you feel compelled to rejoin. What has changed your mind about being on this board?
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

4. Collapse Details

Contact Paradox on here, I'm certain he has had the same issues.

And Welcome back.
    Parabellum FJ²B

5. Collapse Details

most people dont like the truth !
    Last edited by 600sci; 05-17-2011 at 11:27 PM.

6. Collapse Details

Registered
    If that chick over there runnin things dont like ya ( rite or rong )youre gone PERIOD !

7. Collapse Details

I saw your posts about the headers on the other site. I wondered where it went. Mine crapped out last summer as well on my 525.
    www.blackduckcafe.net

8. Collapse Details

Buoy,

I was on both sites, then just went ot OSO, because ther just seemed to be more activity (posts). I am more of a lurker, and had been on OSO since its inception. Familiarity, and activity would be the reason, and I always lok at what is new ads for used boats and props in the classifieds.

Gladhe8er,

OSO deleted any mention of a class action lawsuit against Mercury/CMI for the failed 525 headers. I just got tired of reading about how the boater owners were getting screwed. I do not handle class action suits but was able to contact a law firm that does and I am coordinating through the other law firm the intial plaintiffs, losses, ect.

There were many posts on the other site about the CMI failed headers and the headache(s) and cost($) associated with a header that would last 25-50 hours (sometimes they last longer and sometimes the headers did not) of use before failure.

E-mail me if you need me.

Stephen

9. Collapse Details

I don't agree w/ U B'n kicked out! Seems on OSO they really like outing people, thieves, cheaters, scammers, etc!! & that's OK! Hopefully it helps all of us but w/ so many people pizz'n bout the header issue & the possibility of "defects" or "whatever" common issue these folks may have that leaves them w/ expensive repairs & parts, well, seems whats good 4 the goose AIN'T 4 the gander!! Hey, I have 3 sets sit'n in the back of my boat on 525's!!! Good luck!

10. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Sadly, many of our members retreated to OSO after the shake-up with Chris at the helm. And many have chosen to stick to other sites like OSO and BF.

I say welcome back!
    ________

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Sadly, many of our members retreated to OSO after the shake-up with Chris at the helm. And many have chosen to stick to other sites like OSO and BF.

I say welcome back!
    Thank you. What draws me to these sites are the stories on a boat owner tweaked his or her boat, by raising drives heights, bottom-blue printing, nose cones (bravo drives), changing cylinder heads, intake work, ect. I like to learn from what other boaters have done. And I like to hear first hand from the cat owners who have a dream machine, and what they like and dislike about their boat. I view these sites as an educational forum, and I like to read threads when someone is really talking sh*t on how fast their boat is, that always amuses me.

As far as this lawsuit, it still has not yet been filed. Work to be done.

Stephen

12. Collapse Details

Stephen - thanks for the reply. I do understand that the whole Chris thing has a certain stigma to this site, and it will always carry that. None the less, there are a few good guys here that were here from day one that have never left. I was also an OSO guy from back ~1999. I remember the early days over there, and it's nothing like that today. It has completely changed. Maybe some think for the better - personally, I do not. But, you can't stop evolution.

I appreciate the information being out there on the headers.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

13. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Bobcat;551583]Contact Paradox on here, I'm certain he has had the same issues.
    QUOTE]

LOL.. yeah.. Smarty owes me a call.
    My "CMI/Merc. headers" post was deleted after months of heavy activity.
    I saved most of the posts.
    Mine was deleted due " some legal issues" Not sure why other threads were deleted. Interesting however, when I talked to Merc, and CMI, both said they are not paying attention to these forums, due to "keyboard commandos" comments.
    People like Raylar, and some of the racers I would no call "keyboard commandos".
    I had the same thread going here to, it's down there somewhere.
    Life is: what happens... when you plan something else.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    Buoy,

I was on both sites, then just went ot OSO, because ther just seemed to be more activity (posts). I am more of a lurker, and had been on OSO since its inception. Familiarity, and activity would be the reason, and I always lok at what is new ads for used boats and props in the classifieds.

Gladhe8er,

OSO deleted any mention of a class action lawsuit against Mercury/CMI for the failed 525 headers. I just got tired of reading about how the boater owners were getting screwed. I do not handle class action suits but was able to contact a law firm that does and I am coordinating through the other law firm the intial plaintiffs, losses, ect.

There were many posts on the other site about the CMI failed headers and the headache(s) and cost($) associated with a header that would last 25-50 hours (sometimes they last longer and sometimes the headers did not) of use before failure.

E-mail me if you need me.

Stephen
    Class action lawsuits seldom benifit anyone but the attorneys

Great way to bill hours up untill a settlment, then disperse the largest amount of money to a lawyer or law firm and pay the consumer a few dollars

Should just be called a "lawyers action"

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by boatme View Post
    Class action lawsuits seldom benifit anyone but the attorneys

Great way to bill hours up untill a settlment, then disperse the largest amount of money to a lawyer or law firm and pay the consumer a few dollars

Should just be called a "lawyers action"
    I am a criminal defense attorney, who has reached out to a class action law firm in Pennsylvania to take this action/back me. I have never done a class action suit before, but no one is helping our fellow boaters who seem to getting screwed-over based on what they have told me and after reading their posts regarding failed headers.

If I can help my fellow boaters I hope to do so, as far as getting rich, and billable hours, this will be a new experiece for me, and I hope that there is a benefit at the end of the road for the boater that has zero success with Mercury/CMI, if the manufacturer has done nothing for the user/plaintiff, what is there to lose? This is a contingency lawsuit.

I charge by the case, not by the hour, though I do have hourly rates (for the criminal, traffic, DUI cases). I do enjoy going to court, and presenting a compelling position/argument. I was a sales rep for 15+ years prior to becoming an attorney. I am glorified sales rep. with a license to practice law, whose buyers are either a judge or a jury.

Getting banned from OSO may be a blessing, time will tell.

Show me some new hot-rod projects, who has what happening and is hoping for that few extra mph this summer, what is cooking

16. Collapse Details

I am now all of a sudden visible on the other site. Wonder if that is because I am here now. Does not matter, I like it here.

17. Collapse Details

Not surprised you goy banned from OSO. They are scared of the truth, they stick depend Thetis advertisers good bad or indifferent, which I don't agree with. Most people pay to be on the site in some shape or form. I would agree something needs to be done about the product in question

My .o2

18. Collapse Details

To be fair, I now have the reason for my temporary-suspension, and here it is:

"There has been an issue with some of your most recent posts which we believe have skirted our TOS and site guidelines with regard to commercial posting/solicitation of business in the forums, specifically soliciting other members to join a class-action lawsuit. Please review the guidelines and edit any posts you have made to comply with the site rules."

No argument against that, that is the truth. Finally an answer.

19. Collapse Details

Registered
    :
    Last edited by mdkeywest; 05-22-2011 at 10:36 AM.

20. Collapse Details

Kinda like Chris used to say regarding OSO, we are just looking for an honest response. We may disagree, but just the honest facts please - glad to see you have some clarity on this Smarty.
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson