1. Collapse Details
    Sealing Holes In Transom
    I want to replace my fiberglass swim step with an aluminum one. The swim step on there now is through bolted at the top and has a couple stainless brackets that are screwed to the transom with sheet metal screws. I'll use stainless buttonheads to fill the big hole but I want to make sure they are sealed completely. Also not sure what to use to fill the lower ones.

Then want to seal the holes for the new swim step before the bolts go through.

What's the best sealant to use? Marine grade urethane caulking? Epoxy/resin?

2. Collapse Details

NOT 5200
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

3. Collapse Details

Best thing to do is resin in some dowels, then grind down and gelkote, and start with a fresh transom.

4. Collapse Details

marine tex !!!! and putty them in for bigger ones use epoxy resin with a wooden dowl and then finish off with marine tex..sand and paint it !

DO IT RIGHT ...or atleast sort off....or dont do it at all. YOU BE HAPPY FOR A LONG TIME IF DONE THE 75% CORRECT WAY !!! instead of just sealing them .

5. Collapse Details

Hey guy, forget the dowl's and the Marine Tex . Baja Fresh , if i was to to this job i would pack the hole's with a putty made with Cabosil and epoxy ......untill it comes out the other side ..................let cure .......grinding a small bevel along the outside perimeter .....adding mutable layers of finish cloth (fabric) 4 oz inside and out .

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Hey guy, forget the dowl's and the Marine Tex . Baja Fresh , if i was to to this job i would pack the hole's with a putty made with Cabosil and epoxy ......untill it comes out the other side ..................let cure .......grinding a small bevel along the outside perimeter .....adding mutable layers of finish cloth (fabric) 4 oz inside and out .
    Thats the pro way...thats why i said " atleast sort off " !

Its hard for a do it yourselfer to work with your mat ! just sayn.