Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    SVL 2011 SEASON DRIVER HUNT
    Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    The SVL IMCO OFFSHORE RACE TEAM is looking for a serious and skillful driver ,,Were looking for a person with skills,,history and money ,,offshore is not for everyone,, it is an expensive hobby , we will be running approx,6 to 7 races this year ,,you will need 1500,00 per race ,,and some serious experance,,this boat runs very loose,very fast,, please send resumes to the pm box ,,serious apps please ,,we don,t need any favors,, thanks in advance

GEORGE JR. OWNER/THROTTLES SVL IMCO # 10
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Im thinking another husband wife team. Angie are you in???
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    this boat runs very loose,very fast,,
    Very Fast , Very Fun and always ready...

4. Collapse Details

Thanks jim for the nod ,,I try to show up race ready,,,,and Randy ,,,my wife would be yelling at me the whole tme ,,thats why i like the capsule and the get away,lolol

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It would probably be more fun to mic George and Angie in the boat than it would have been to do George and Jim......

Tell Angie Hi, maybe we'll see both of you in Biloxi.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

6. Collapse Details

Competitor
    $1500 per race, paid to whom. Is this just a cost of being in the boat, in addition to travel expenses, etc.??

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Typically that would be paid to the owner of the boat. The fees charged would include the owner paying the organizations per race fees and annual equipment fees, but not the annual cost, or per race cost (if any) of being a registered racer for the seat "renter". Nor any of the "renters" other expenses.

This is a very decent price in my opinion. The IMCO boat is a potential winner at every race it is entered in. I am not experienced enough, or have enough free time, to give George what the boat deserves.

8. Collapse Details
    Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    $1500 per race, paid to whom. Is this just a cost of being in the boat, in addition to travel expenses, etc.??
    Just to add a little non-requested insight. $1500 per race is a great deal. To be able to join a competitve team and experience a season of Offshore for $10,000 is amazing. I guess any experienced driver would know that.
    SQ

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by stevequick View Post
    Just to add a little non-requested insight. $1500 per race is a great deal. To be able to join a competitve team and experience a season of Offshore for $10,000 is amazing. I guess any experienced driver would know that.
    SQ
    100% agree, actually ruining the prices !!!!!

under 2000-2500 it should not be offered for a seat ..boat is way more in maintnance and if something breaks and so on !

10. Collapse Details

When the average cost of a race for the owner being $5000 with entry,repair,travel and gas $1500 is a steel in my opinion. But what do I know after 12 years at $50K a year at a entry level.

11. Collapse Details

Competitor
    I see what you are saying as you all are looking at it from a different perspective, the way i see you viewing it is. I own this boat and am going to sell a seat to help cover my costs. If I was a boat owner I would be looking to have a permanent Racing partner, so the two can gel and be a winning team. I would not put my boat and life and others around me lives in the hands of someone just because they can afford to "buy in". I know a couple instances this has been done and didn't seem to work in those cases.

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    That is one opinion. However, there is nothing that keeps anyone from buying their own boat and racing with no experience either. At least in this case, seat experience is gained by running with an experienced partner. I personnally think it is the best way to learn. The good racers all can keep the others safe with their knowledge and talent to keep the rookie, (like me), out of a potentially serious situation.

And I believe George is looking for an experienced teammate to run the season with as a choice.

A very good example would be Colby and Randy last year from the start of the year until the end. Ask Colby how many times Randy's experience allowed him to be a better racer, and improve his talent, plus keep the other racers safer than a rookie team would have done.

Plus, George's driver of the last two seasons is not available to race this year with his new obligations. It is a great seat, and a great opportunity, for someone who wants to go race but currently does not have the sponsorship or money to do so on their own.

13. Collapse Details

I see what you are saying as you all are looking at it from a different perspective, the way i see you viewing it is. I own this boat and am going to sell a seat to help cover my costs. If I was a boat owner I would be looking to have a permanent Racing partner, so the two can gel and be a winning team. I would not put my boat and life and others around me lives in the hands of someone just because they can afford to "buy in". I know a couple instances this has been done and didn't seem to work in those cases.
    I agree and kind of not agree..also finding a team mate is harder then you think in todays econimy !

And i do agree with Ratickle, this is how i see it. The boats have intercom and the owner of the boat can tell the rookie what to do ..kind of !

Also like Typhoon is stating..50 K a year split in half is 25 K for 10 eaces thats 2500 per race ..regular price ! And this si only if realy nothing dramatic happens on the boat/truck/trailer or you can add some more $ to the season !

14. Collapse Details

Bilge,,, Thanks for the interest,,yes we all look for a permanent partner ,,I had one of the best on the ocean for 3 years ,,he now this year has other prioritys , and i respect,,,if you read my post it says ,,,experance,,skills,,,and history ,,first ,,i,m not interested in teaching ,,,as for the 1500 bucks ,,it is like everyone has said ,,just a small offset of a years expenses,, example .i left St Clair last year ,,it cost me 8000 dollars and a week off of work before i managed to get all my equipment home,,,ya never know ,!!!
    Thanks to all ,,and S,Q, I hope your doing well,,

15. Collapse Details

Lots of good rookie drivers. The challenge is can they commit to the FULL season? Some just want a one time experience and then bail on the owner. Some feel they can bring a sponsor and find out they cant. Bottom line is you need money and be willing to pay before you get to the race site. When someone says I will pay you at the site it normally doesn't work out well for the owner. Also be prepared to pay and find out you may never leave the dock. **** HAPPENS!!! It still cost the owner the same money to be there. Maybe the starter takes a crap,The drive blows on the parade lap, A hose clamp lets loose. These are all possibility's that can happen. Be prepared for bad days. Its not the owners fault. He wants to race and has made the journey to be there as well. In the end you share the victory and NEVER blame the other if things don't work out!
    MD

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    Lots of good rookie drivers. The challenge is can they commit to the FULL season? Some just want a one time experience and then bail on the owner. Some feel they can bring a sponsor and find out they cant. Bottom line is you need money and be willing to pay before you get to the race site. When someone says I will pay you at the site it normally doesn't work out well for the owner. Also be prepared to pay and find out you may never leave the dock. **** HAPPENS!!! It still cost the owner the same money to be there. Maybe the starter takes a crap,The drive blows on the parade lap, A hose clamp lets loose. These are all possibility's that can happen. Be prepared for bad days. Its not the owners fault. He wants to race and has made the journey to be there as well. In the end you share the victory and NEVER blame the other if things don't work out!
    MD
    100% CORRECT !!!! been there done that !!!!

17. Collapse Details

Stinson would look good in that red white and blue boat!
    For what it's worth The price for the seat in that boat is cheap, George is one of the most professional owners out there and has done the homework to have one of if not the fastest svls in the fleet, his boat is rigged with nothing but the best and is very reliable. Whomever gets that seat is getting a great deal and a great boat to ride in.

18. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    Bilge,,, Thanks for the interest,,yes we all look for a permanent partner ,,I had one of the best on the ocean for 3 years ,,he now this year has other prioritys , and i respect,,,if you read my post it says ,,,experance,,skills,,,and history ,,first ,,i,m not interested in teaching ,,,as for the 1500 bucks ,,it is like everyone has said ,,just a small offset of a years expenses,, example .i left St Clair last year ,,it cost me 8000 dollars and a week off of work before i managed to get all my equipment home,,,ya never know ,!!!
    Thanks to all ,,and S,Q, I hope your doing well,,
    George, Thanks for a proffesional response.
    I am hoping to try and get out there we'll see what I can get done. For those that don't know I wouldn't say I'm a Steve Curtis, but also wouldn't go as far as Rookie. What are you SVL owners calling a FULL season this year anyhow. Is it OSS, Martin ? Thowing in some OPA? I don't want to get to a race site to be turned away by politics or opposing competition. I take it fairly seriously, and if I had a sponsor helping me get there, they need to know what level of proffesionalism they can expect.

19. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Don't forget those big Paychecks received by owners from OSS and P1 paid at the site. that should help offset at least some entry fees.

20. Collapse Details

Bilge ,,first I can tell you ,,I WILL NEVER DRIVE AWAY AGAIN ,PERIOD,,,Second, knowone really knows who is racing where,,knowone will be the first to show their hand ,and the class is devided ,it,s not like last year started,,,so with that being said , i think most will run here and their ,,two or three will folow one guy ,,and the rest just want to race where their is the most competition,,, WELL I,LL GO AHEAD AND THRO OUT MY INTENTIONS FIRST ,,,as of now,because the class is devided and i live in FLA. ( could change ) I like ,,,COCOA,,,SARASOTA,,SUNNY ISLES,,CLEARWATER,,,ST,CLAIR,,PATCHOG ,, something close to that,,, if this interest you ,,the door is open ,,thanks again,,

THE STATEMENTS IN THIS POST ARE MY OPINION AND I WILL NOT GET INVOLVED IN A BASHING CONTEST,,,,RACE HARD ,,AND BE SAFE TO ALL,, GEORGE JR,