1. Collapse Details
    Central Florida near Sebring
    I'm going to be in the Sebring area from Oct 1 thru Dec 31.
    I have a raw water cooled boat and a steel trailer so looking at mostly fresh water, at least to launch out of.

I'm expecting to spend a lot of weekends on Lake O and the Peace River out to Charlotte Harbor. Sarasota and also a Bimini run or two is in the plans.

I'm curious about Lake Jackson, Sebring, Placid, June and Istopatka(sp) for dinner runs and afternoon quick splashes. I know they are small and Istopk is very shallow. My 30 Velocity will be way out of place for sure but they are 2-15 miles from where I'll be staying. Can I boat there?

I just want to spend an afternoon, cruise to a restaurant, have a drink and a meal and back to the ramp.

Anyone from the area here? Can I get some local Knowledge?

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Collapse Details

i've seen canoe's run aground on the Peace River..

as far as the other lakes, you'll be running in circles, and end up back to the same ramp you started at..

you can, however, tow over to the west side of the locks in Stuart, or the east side of the locks in Ft Myers, and enjoy some fresh water launching and some eventual salt water action...
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

3. Collapse Details

Thanks for the reply Buizilla.

>>>i've seen canoe's run aground on the Peace River.
    I was looking at the Navi-Gator 8 miles up from Charlotte Harbor. 38 miles from where I'll be staying at Highlands Hammock SPark for 3 months. Don't you think I can get out from there?

>>>as far as the other lakes, you'll be running in circles, and end up back to the same ramp you started at.
    Kinda hoped to end up where my trailer/truck was Lake Jackson is 2 miles from where I'll be. Just thinking of an afternoon splash/dinner run, then back to the park. I know they are small but I'm an Ohio guy used to 3k acre lakes.

>>>you can, however, tow over to the west side of the locks in Stuart, or the east side of the locks in Ft Myers, and enjoy some fresh water launching and some eventual salt water action.
    That's the plan for long weekends. I'll be free from Wed afternoon until Sunday. That's when I want to get salty and burn some fuel

There is no horsepower limits on those little lakes is there? I've found a couple bar/restaurants on them. Just lookin for an afternoon splash then back to the park by dark.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Last edited by Underdog88; 04-07-2011 at 07:52 AM.

4. Collapse Details

I've had my 26' boat on lake June, it's small but you can do it. The Caloosahatchee River is deep with no speed zones except at some of the bridges. There's 4 locks between lake Okechobee and Ft. Myers. You could go north to lake Kissimmee that goes into a big chain of lakes. Your boat wont be out of place there.

5. Collapse Details
    welcome to this event
    The US Marines And RaceBoat Rus welcomes you to come and enjoy The 2011 Boating Toys For Tots Tour. This event will take place on Dec 2-3, 2011 at the Quality Inn in Palatka Fl. on the St. John River [386 328 3481]
    On Friday there is a mid day lunch run from Palatka to Crescent City and a dinner party later in the evening. Saturday there will be a morning Captains meeting , then mid day “The Worlds Finest Boating Toys For Tots Run” from Palatka to Welaka followed by a dockside lunch. The fun continues with a dinner and another party.
    Live entertainment prizes and many festivities and activities are on tap for this sensation event.
    Bring your boat, bring a toy , bring your smile and make some magic happen for a child this holiday season.
    For more information contact Rus Matos
    407 760 3481 e-mail raceboatrus@aol.com
    We are welcoming sponsors and vendor for the TFT tour also contact Rus. Please also see us on face book [boating toys for tots] Please note that this is a pleasure tour .The St Johns River in this area has NO speed limits so we must stress safty direction and good sportsman like conduct. Act responsibly . BE SAFE