1. Collapse Details

I`ll just mount a .50cal on deck and then they`ll leave me alone

2. Collapse Details

I think you'd lose !!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails coast guard.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OBNOXUS View Post
    I think you'd lose !!!!
    Pretty lame for all the terriost we have on the southern side of Lake Michigan. Maybe they figure all of US go fasters are fishing for square groopers on the pond

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OBNOXUS View Post
    I think you'd lose !!!!
    PFFFFT, they aint got nothin on me

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post

6. Collapse Details

A big advantage of documentation is that only 1 title exists and can exist and that's wit the coast guard. It makse selling it much safer -to the knowlegeable buyer. Safe meaning guaranteeing there can't be any other leins on the boat. A lein search better come up only the bank loan (or none if cash owned). Be glad your buying a documented boat. It's very easy for a non doc boat to have multiple leins against it.
    The paperwork to get it in your name is easy, but takes some time to happen (few months). And you have to name the boat and put specific size letters on the transom of the name and hailing port. I could dig up the coast guard folks I've used if you need it.
    The numbers in the boat now stay, you just transfer the owners name and change your boat name & port. The numbers must be permenatnly fixed, or noticably removed. many use stickers but coat over them with clear paint.
    There are many past threads on OSO on folks skipping the taxes with a doc boat, then the state caught up with them later. Its pot luck I suppose.
    But sure you get a receipt bought from a private party, it might help. Any boat bought from dealer must be taxed, regardless of doc or not. Then you get a tax paid recipt with it.
    You gotta be close to going to get her, huh? I saw your drive and the entry can be done easy, it's that bend toward your garage that will be tough.

7. Collapse Details

In Indiana, the only taxes that you can skip are the sales tax. You still pay the property tax to the DNR each year. That gets you the little sticker. I have not been pulled over because of no numbers on my boat in 6 seasons. I have always had the little sticker.

8. Collapse Details
    Hit Em HARD !

I'm With You I'l Take a 50cal over 2 30s any day / Longer range And A Heavier Hitting Power With Multiple Explosive Tips, Yes I Like Those Kind Of Toys ! .

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by paulb32 View Post
    You gotta be close to going to get her, huh? I saw your drive and the entry can be done easy, it's that bend toward your garage that will be tough.
    Hey 007 how do you know where I live? Do I need to worry about a stalker

Couple more weeks, then I`ll pick it up and hopefully it looks as good as the pics.

10. Collapse Details

Hey 007 how do you know where I live? Do I need to worry about a stalker

Couple more weeks, then I`ll pick it up and hopefully it looks as good as the pics.
    Maybe paul is the new pool boy

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    Maybe paul is the new pool boy
    Hey how do you know I have a pool ? Whats going on here?!?!!? I better double check my perimeter alarms

12. Collapse Details

Taking with you at the beach your wife told me the street you live off of. I work in North East Aurora and go down that street just East of you going home every day. I went further west one day and saw your gate you had photo's of when wondering how to back into your gated drive.

Mild Thunder-I only play pool boy for my wife. But she doesn't notice half the time -- that's married life.

13. Collapse Details

STALKERS !!!!!!!!!!!

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Payton View Post
    In Indiana, the only taxes that you can skip are the sales tax. You still pay the property tax to the DNR each year. That gets you the little sticker. I have not been pulled over because of no numbers on my boat in 6 seasons. I have always had the little sticker.
    It's excise tax

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by paulb32 View Post
    Taking with you at the beach your wife told me the street you live off of. I work in North East Aurora and go down that street just East of you going home every day. I went further west one day and saw your gate you had photo's of when wondering how to back into your gated drive.

Mild Thunder-I only play pool boy for my wife. But she doesn't notice half the time -- that's married life.
    No truer words have ever been spoken

16. Collapse Details

Hey how do you know I have a pool ? Whats going on here?!?!!? I better double check my perimeter alarms
    I went on google earth and checked out the aerial view of your property. I had my cop buddy get me your home address from your license plate # i got off a picture of your truck that you put up....so i can look it up to check out how you back the boat in. PaulB emailed me some pictures he took when he was parked outside with his SLR camera and zoom lens. Those helped. He had to go back once or twice with a better zoom lens.

We just wanted to see your driveway angle

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    It's excise tax
    I thought that was the tax that we skipped when we made our own grain alcohol.

18. Collapse Details

I went on google earth and checked out the aerial view of your property. I had my cop buddy get me your home address from your license plate # i got off a picture of your truck that you put up....so i can look it up to check out how you back the boat in. PaulB emailed me some pictures he took when he was parked outside with his SLR camera and zoom lens. Those helped. He had to go back once or twice with a better zoom lens.

Awesome! lol

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Payton View Post
    I thought that was the tax that we skipped when we made our own grain alcohol.
    Are you doing marina shores this year?

20. Collapse Details
    Oh Hell

You Just Got To Love Your Friends ! Da - Az - holes. .