Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

A lot of fixed wing pilots hate them with a passion, say they arent safe BLAH BLAH BLAH! Your chances of surviving a PPC crash are far greater than any fixed wing aircraft as long as your flying them within their parameters. You might get a tree branch, or in your case a cactus up the azz but chances are, your still going to live. If you get serious about this shoot me your adress and I will send you my copy of The PPC Bible by George Begue. It covers anything and everything you would ever need to know about flying one of theese things.

You can find theese things slightly used for about half the cost of a new one if you look hard enough. A lot of people buy them brand new, fly them a few times, get scared and then cant hardly give them away.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    This is down in Lima , Peru. right next to the Pacific Ocean.

Larco mar mall they built into the cliff

Was just there this past Halloween

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member, Competitor Cookee's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I flew Paragliders in the Alps quite a bit when I used to work out there - they are very efficiant now and will stay up in quite small thermals. You do need training so that you know what to do if you have a problem as well as how to get the best out of it.

It's the same as scuba diving training really - it's not hard to dive but it's easy to hurt yourself because you get outside your area of knowledge!

4. Collapse Details

If you pursue it I would like to hear more. We have a couple of ultralites with floats on the lake I live on and I have always been interested. I was in Panama City fla. last week and saw 4 ultralite ribs (ridgid inflatable boat) in a lot on the side of the road. Looks like alot of fun. I figured if I stay over the water and away from powerlines I should be ok. good luck and keep us posted. Bob

5. Collapse Details

I'm still in the investigative stages of this, but I want to at least learn more.
    Haven't had much time to do any more research.
    Don - thanks for the contact info - I'll shoot him an e-mail this weekend when I have a bit more time.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".