1. Collapse Details
    Read the can - this makes sense to me!!!
    Check the can!
    Did you all see that Diane Sawyer did a special report coming up on this very subject.
    http://abcnews.go.com/WN/MadeInAmeri...rm?id=12912252

This is good to watch:
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/221546/abc...turing-workers

They removed ALL items from a typical, middle class family's home, that were not made in the USA . There was hardly anything left besides the kitchen sink. Literally. During the special they are going to show truckloads of items - USA made - being brought in to replace everything. And will be talking about how to find these items and the difference in price
    etc.
    It was interesting that Diane said that if every American spent just $64 (more than normal) on USA made items this year, it would create something like 200,000 new jobs.

Made ME think!

Check the Can

I WAS BUYING FOOD THE OTHER DAY. ON THE LABEL OF SOME PRODUCTS IT SAID 'FROM CHINA '.

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF THE MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA '.

I WAS SHOCKED!! SO FOR A FEW MORE CENTS I BOUGHT THE LIBERTY GOLD BRAND OR THE DOLE SINCE IT'S FROM CALIF.

TAKES FOREVER JUST TO BUY FOOD AND DO LABEL READING ! !

Are we Americans as dumb as we appear --- or --- is it that we just do not think? While the Chinese, knowingly and intentionally, export inferior and even toxic products and dangerous toys and goods to be sold in American markets.

Yet 70% of Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended.

Well, duh..why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges?

SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF, AMERICA !!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

Who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter? If you must have eggs, use real ones and benefit some American farmer. Easter is just an example, the point is do not wait for the government to act. Just go ahead and assume control on your own.

THINK ABOUT THIS: If 200 million Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!!

The downside? Some American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory. Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

The solution? Let's give them fair warning and send our own message. Most of the people who have been reading about this matter are planning on implementing this in March. and continue it until April. That is only one month of trading losses, but it will hit the Chinese for 1/12th of the total, or 8%, of their American exports. Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness were worth it.

Remember, March to April.

START NOW and keep it up!

Send this to everybody you know. Let's show them that we are Americans and
    NOBODY can take us for granted.

If we can't live without cheap Chinese goods for one month out of our lives,
    WE DESERVE WHAT WE GET!

Pass it on, America .
    BillR

2. Collapse Details

Thanks Bill
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

3. Collapse Details

Dole mandarin oranges country of origin: China

But maybe mandarin oranges are a bad example.

4. Collapse Details

Registered
    Ever wonder where Chinese Checkers are made ?

5. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    And you wonder why the unemployment rate is so high. If people demanded American made goods, Americans could be working again. Unfortunately, retailers like Wal-Mart demand cheap prices from their wholesalers and in-turn, they look overseas for the cheap goods.

Personally, I look for USA made products whenever I can.
    ________

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Me too. Been doing it for a while. Locally, I try to stay away from chains and create relationships at locally owned businesses.

I know that I mentioned that the Chinese bought some Pierce equipment from Wisconsin, but we are going through an issue in Toledo where some Chinese are buying a significant portion of our waterfront, already developed with operating restaurants etc.... for 2 million.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    And you wonder why the unemployment rate is so high. If people demanded American made goods, Americans could be working again. Unfortunately, retailers like Wal-Mart demand cheap prices from their wholesalers and in-turn, they look overseas for the cheap goods.

But, why is Wal-Mart demanding such cheap chit - because their customer base is demanding cheap chit.
    I'm living in Wal Mart central - we have two within 5 miles. The entire town I live in is kind of joked about being a trailer park. And I mean many people live here on a hitch or maybe a 5th-wheel trailer, others just snowbird in a 8'x 28' for the entire winter. The area I live in is zoned "Doublewide ONLY" - so I got a nice joint - comparatively.
    But, sometimes I HAVE to shop at the Wal Mart and the people shopping drive me nuts... But I can buy a 30 of beer for $14.00, and a loaf of bread that are American made.

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Me too. Been doing it for a while. Locally, I try to stay away from chains and create relationships at locally owned businesses.

I know that I mentioned that the Chinese bought some Pierce equipment from Wisconsin, but we are going through an issue in Toledo where some Chinese are buying a significant portion of our waterfront, already developed with operating restaurants etc.... for 2 million.
    Who bought those Condo's that were downtown ~15 yrs ago where the Owens Corning offices are?? They had them hauled out to Port Clinton on barges. I remember watching that.

What area of the riverfront are the Chinese buying?
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Who bought those Condo's that were downtown ~15 yrs ago where the Owens Corning offices are?? They had them hauled out to Port Clinton on barges. I remember watching that.

What area of the riverfront are the Chinese buying?
    Individual investors bought the condos off of Commodore Way.

A group of Chinese investors called Dashing Pacific LLC bought the Docks complex, although the city evicted the Navy Bistro just prior to the sale. Real Seafood and Zia's remain. Tangos is also closed.

They would also like to buy International Park and the "new" (brownfield) marina district where the Sports Arena used to be.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Individual investors bought the condos off of Commodore Way.

A group of Chinese investors called Dashing Pacific LLC bought the Docks complex, although the city evicted the Navy Bistro just prior to the sale. Real Seafood and Zia's remain. Tangos is also closed.

They would also like to buy International Park and the "new" (brownfield) marina district where the Sports Arena used to be.
    I'm not so sure I'd even recognize that city anymore...
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".