Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    1 mile an hour faster?
    If you are in a 1 hour race and your are 1 mile faster will you be a mile ahead of your compitition??

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Slandrew View Post
    If you are in a 1 hour race and your are 1 mile (PER HOUR) faster will you be a mile ahead of your compitition??
    If you meant 1 MPH faster...then yes, by definition, you would be.

3. Collapse Details

Yep.....ask Louie. LOL
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing View Post
    Yep.....ask Louie. LOL
    LMAO !!!!!! hehehehe

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    You guy's figured that out on your own?
    MD
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

6. Collapse Details

What if my boats run 86mph while the other boat runs 85mph.. My boat will reach it's max speed in 400 yards while the other boat will reach max speed in 100 yards.

The 85mph boat will carry 90% of its max speed threw a 300 yard sweeping turn while my 86mph boat will carry 100% of the speed thew the same turn?

The 86mph boat carries 50 gallons of fuel, while the 85mph boat carries 65 gallons of fuel..

The question is will the NFL Lock out last all year or will this get solved before pre-season?

7. Collapse Details

Registered
    thats a good one rickyou had me going!!!!

8. Collapse Details

wow my head hurts rick.

9. Collapse Details

The question here is simple, will the class 5 guys allow the florida racer in the class this year or not ?
    His boat is 2 MPH slower and ~1000 pounds heavyer then most class 5 boats and still there are people in this class that are against him running with OPA?
    Which tells me that most class 5 guys don't wnat competition although they have boats that can run 95 + MPH in a 75 MPH class!

WHAT A SHAME !

10. Collapse Details

The answer here is simple!!!! If your florida boat meets all the rules of class 5 you will be more than welcome to run with us.What were the issues in the past? If you have an extra engine or an extra 2 feet of boat then you probably wont be allowed.Not to many class 5 boats will run 95mph.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by heater63 View Post
    Not to many class 5 boats will run 95mph.
    But 1/2 the class 6 fleet will...

12. Collapse Details

The answer here is simple!!!! If your florida boat meets all the rules of class 5 you will be more than welcome to run with us.What were the issues in the past? If you have an extra engine or an extra 2 feet of boat then you probably wont be allowed.Not to many class 5 boats will run 95mph.
    I thought the same and per rules the boat is 100% legal..but not per class !!! Funny, isn't?

And i agree with the 95 MPH, but Gino's boat will run 95 + and i also agree with Rick on the class 6 matter.......

13. Collapse Details

Legal per rules but not per class? Not quite following ya here! I am interested in why you were not allowed.can you elaborate on this a little? Rick,I believe yours and boomers boat are the only ones in class six capable of those speeds.Oh yeah! that is half the class!!!!!lol.just bustin on ya!

14. Collapse Details

Rick,I believe yours and boomers boat are the only ones in class six capable of those speeds.Oh yeah! that is half the class!!!!!lol.just bustin on ya!
    Yep !!

15. Collapse Details

Legal per rules but not per class? Not quite following ya here! I am interested in why you were not allowed.can you elaborate on this a little? Rick,I believe yours and boomers boat are the only ones in class six capable of those speeds.Oh yeah! that is half the class!!!!!lol.just bustin on ya!
    I know late 2009 Gary spoke about running class 5 with some big HP and a Speedy drive and He was told Speedy's were not allowed in class #5

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
    I know late 2009 Gary spoke about running class 5 with some big HP and a Speedy drive and He was told Speedy's were not allowed in class #5
    Yep, but it says nothing about it in the rule book and most Speedy boats are way heavyer and also have way less eccselaration! + they top out at 74-78 MPH. So with that beeing said i think its legal!

17. Collapse Details

Why not just change the drive and race the other 10 boats already running?

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    Why not just change the drive and race the other 10 boats already running?
    Because its so damn easy and does not cost anything ...RIGHT ????

It is a bracket class, not a spec class and should not have rules like a spec class!!!!

If the boat no matter what drive does not run any faster at any given time then 75 MPH what are the rest of the class scared off?

19. Collapse Details

I doudt they are "scared" of you, but what they don't want is a price war. You bring a speedy, next guy a 6, then a x drive and finally an 8.

Their rules are what has created the biggest and best class in offshore.

20. Collapse Details
    1 mile per hour faster
    Are you saying my boat wiil go faster than 70 mph thats cheating in class 6.
    I would never do that i dont think well maybe a little!