Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    I doudt they are "scared" of you, but what they don't want is a price war. You bring a speedy, next guy a 6, then a x drive and finally an 8.

Their rules are what has created the biggest and best class in offshore.
    my boat is around 1500+ pounds heavyer and NO WHERE it says that in the rules about only bravo drives. Gino's boat ran 95 + according to himself. My boat was build in 1992..WHERE IS THERE A PRICE WAR?????
    But like always, you know it!

2. Collapse Details

I doudt they are "scared" of you, but what they don't want is a price war. You bring a speedy, next guy a 6, then a x drive and finally an 8.

Their rules are what has created the biggest and best class in offshore.
    Well said Dean

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by heater63 View Post
    Well said Dean
    LOL, if somebody could! Please explain to me why a SSM boat would have any advantage....not talking #6or 8..??????!!!!!!
    my word on this is, its slower, heavyer, has a tranny that can break just like a bravo and the props are way more money to replace.
    ....needs more power to move and is old.

And like i said before, WHY IS IT NOT WRITTEN IN THE RULEBOOK???
    Last edited by 600sci; 03-22-2011 at 12:47 AM.

4. Collapse Details

This is just my opinion but,if its not in the rules then you should be allowed to run with the class 5 boats.Are you sure this is the only discrepency?I dont know what is written in the rules but if its not stated that you need a Bravo style drive (Shiftable)then it needs to be put in there for reasons Dean has stated above

5. Collapse Details

This is just my opinion but,if its not in the rules then you should be allowed to run with the class 5 boats.Are you sure this is the only discrepency?I dont know what is written in the rules but if its not stated that you need a Bravo style drive (Shiftable)then it needs to be put in there for reasons Dean has stated above
    Its not in there, and i agree with #6 or 8's but a #4,5 or even 3 is no match for a Bravo in a bracket class because it lacks big time in eccselaration!
    And as far as i am concerend that is where these races are won!
    Also, i dont think anybody is going to build a boat for a 75 MPH class that has a drive for 40K plus on it ..... but hey who knows.
    Last edited by 600sci; 03-22-2011 at 08:35 PM.

6. Collapse Details

The way i really see it, is the class 5 guys are scared of an old boat!!!!!

7. Collapse Details

As long as your boat is not more than 30ft and meets the rest of the rules,BRING IT! Thats just one more boat I can kick the crap out of this year. Just as a side note! dont go on here and start a bunch of crap unless your really gonna race with us.

8. Collapse Details

As long as your boat is not more than 30ft and meets the rest of the rules,BRING IT! Thats just one more boat I can kick the crap out of this year. Just as a side note! dont go on here and start a bunch of crap unless your really gonna race with us.
    Smitty wont call me back, if thats the case i am glad to give you a shot in SIB ! and some others on your schedule!

PS, i hope the others will agree aswell!

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    His boat is 32'!
    Ryan Beckley

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    His boat is 32'!
    It is 30 feet, even OPA messured it!
    Otherwise it would not be allowed to run in P5 in SBI either and it is!
    Last edited by 600sci; 03-23-2011 at 12:16 PM.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 600sci View Post
    LOL, if somebody could! Please explain to me why a SSM boat would have any advantage....not talking #6or 8..??????!!!!!!
    my word on this is, its slower, heavyer, has a tranny that can break just like a bravo and the props are way more money to replace.
    ....needs more power to move and is old.

And like i said before, WHY IS IT NOT WRITTEN IN THE RULEBOOK???
    It's not your word that matters. The rules are set for a 3 year period and the classes can and have amended them. I seem to remember Class 5/6 voting on this in the past and have said only Bravos. I assume that this is one reason way Smitty also comes on these sites and says to call him when a new Team/Boat wants to race with OPA.

12. Collapse Details

It's not your word that matters. The rules are set for a 3 year period and the classes can and have amended them. I seem to remember Class 5/6 voting on this in the past and have said only Bravos. I assume that this is one reason way Smitty also comes on these sites and says to call him when a new Team/Boat wants to race with OPA.
    Dean, i understand.
    The only thing is everytime i speak to one of the class 5 guys they have nothing against it ..atleast thats what i hear. Plus why is not stated in the roolbook then ?
    Last but not least, THE NY RACE ( SBI & OPA ) i think its gonna be awsome but again its gonna be SBI rules and then ( if a class 5 boat shows up ...which i hope they all will ) they have to race me there and probably see ( as they did in OB last year ) that my boat tops out at less then 75 MPH!
    Therefor i don't understand this only Bravo rule.
    DO THEY REALY WANT TO RACE OTHER BOATS OR IS JUST OPA AND SCREW THE REST ???
    I am trying to run both org....because i love boating and racing....but if HUGE rocks like this are thrown infront of my feet....where is the UNITED WE RACE and come on and bring it ???
    Funny.

13. Collapse Details

Dean, i understand.
    The only thing is everytime i speak to one of the class 5 guys they have nothing against it ..atleast thats what i hear. Plus why is not stated in the roolbook then ?
    Last but not least, THE NY RACE ( SBI & OPA ) i think its gonna be awsome but again its gonna be SBI rules and then ( if a class 5 boat shows up ...which i hope they all will ) they have to race me there and probably see ( as they did in OB last year ) that my boat tops out at less then 75 MPH!
    Therefor i don't understand this only Bravo rule.
    DO THEY REALY WANT TO RACE OTHER BOATS OR IS JUST OPA AND SCREW THE REST ???
    I am trying to run both org....because i love boating and racing....but if HUGE rocks like this are thrown infront of my feet....where is the UNITED WE RACE and come on and bring it ???
    Funny.

Can't answer that, just what I seen in the past. But I would be very surprised if they ever let anything in expect the Bravo because of potential to abuse the system.

14. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert/Competitor/Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by p-f-e View Post
    Are you saying my boat wiil go faster than 70 mph thats cheating in class 6.
    I would never do that i dont think well maybe a little!

You guys need to finish a race with that tub of bondo, glue, and screws !!!!
    The Michigan Madman
    url]www.crockettmarineengines.com[/url]

15. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Crockett View Post
    You guys need to finish a race with that tub of bondo, glue, and screws !!!!
    You forgot the Duct Tape......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

16. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is it really only Bravo's? Does it change at Class 4 to where 3's etc are allowed?

Now I'm curious, because I haven't seen anything in the rules about drive types either.

Now the maximum length rule is cut and dried.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Is it really only Bravo's? Does it change at Class 4 to where 3's etc are allowed?

Now I'm curious, because I haven't seen anything in the rules about drive types either.

Now the maximum length rule is cut and dried.
    That is what throws me off aswell. 30 feet understood, but the drive thing is just no where in the rulebook!

18. Collapse Details

That is what throws me off aswell. 30 feet understood, but the drive thing is just no where in the rulebook!
    My guess is late model boats run bravo 1 or XR!