1. Collapse Details
    Progressive Ins. wants to buy my boat???
    Just got a call from a theft investigator at progressive wanting to buy my boat, says his client had the same boat that was stolen, and he is looking to replace it with mine. Is this guy serious, or is he fishing around??

2. Collapse Details

Just did a reverse lookup on his #, unpublished from Las Vegas............

http://www.whitepages.com/search/Rev...one=7022157816

3. Collapse Details

Call your local Progressive Agent and ask if this guy is legit, Otherwise cash only!!

On a side note who would have thought that there was more than one 24' Easter Egg Pantera out there!
    Parabellum FJ²B

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    Call your local Progressive Agent and ask if this guy is legit, Otherwise cash only!!

On a side note who would have thought that there was more than one 24' Easter Egg Pantera out there!
    Yup,

Cash or progressive check only after checking to make sure he is real. I dont think he was exactly hoping for a purple on Angel is in Ins. claims, I'll give him a call tomorrow also.

5. Collapse Details

Insurance companies will call me once and awhile to see if I have a close match to help replace a customers car. But these are people I have worked with. Some of them are indepenent adusters that call me. This sounds real odd with the boat, might just be trying to come up with a market value for settlement.

6. Collapse Details

Progressive reps in our state work for the company, but the local one does work out of his house.

7. Collapse Details

who knows? could be the easiest sale a boat owner ever made assuming everything is on the up and up
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

8. Collapse Details

as cheap as the agent heres been lately i wouldnt put it pass them to shop the internet
    they came in denied a claim then contacted the manufacture to get it fixed by them after i did all the diging to find out what and why and what it needs to get fixed
    all my insurance is with progressive im thinking of dropping them
    or at least dropping this guy one time
    sob

9. Collapse Details

I bought some k-planes from a guy that had something similar happen, but he was on the buying end of it.

His trailer came off the hitch and launched the boat into the woods. Progressive paid the claim and then did the legwork to find him a similar boat for replacement.

10. Collapse Details

Spoke to the guy at progressive, he is going to do the payout, and have the guy call me, we'll see if he wants the boat or just the $$

11. Collapse Details

They are just checking prices. Once they see what you will sell for they know what the payout should be. Seen it done before.