Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Saber. Built from the original Apache 41' and 47' molds
    Still the best big water riding Boat. Both the 41' and 47' original Apache molds have been completely restored. We can build a bare hull and deck, a complete running boat or anything in between. Made from modern composites with a balsa core or old school Kevlar and wood. We can also engineer steps into them if you would like. www.saberboats.com. PM me or call at 989-233-0878 for info.

Pat Doyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyR_ptdLh7M
    41 in action! Check it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 41 Clifford 3 .jpg   012_12-41 banshee.jpg   41 ancestral_spirit -3 .jpg  

41 Saber -Peters.jpg   DeitzJimSbr.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

So Pat , help me read between the lines if you will ........ Pat are you stating that you now ......are the new owner of the old Sabre mold's that were originally the old 41/47 Apache molds that Sabre owned considering your location is Bay City Mich with a 989 area code and are you actually building the boats in Bay City Mich or are the boats still being built at Sabre & you are somewhat of spokes person for Sabre marine and Doug G ? Hey guy , does that now mean that boats are going to be built using all composites such as Epoxy ,S&E Glass , Carbon Fiber , Kevlar , along with being vacumed bagged ? Pat to tell you the truth when you talk about old school Kevlar i do not understand just what you are really trying to say because no matter which way you look at it Kevlar is a very pricey fabric with only a few Boat Co's using it in there build .

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    He states Modern OR old school.

4. Collapse Details

How much $ would a 41 hull and deck, ready for rigging be? I am thinking modern foamcore with Kevlar and solid wood transom, covergirl cabin and full staggered 6 pack with 6 fuel cells. 2 of them in the center of the cabin under the floor.

5. Collapse Details

Spring must be coming

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed35cafe View Post
    Still the best big water riding Boat. Both the 41' and 47' original Apache molds have been completely restored. We can build a bare hull and deck, a complete running boat or anything in between. Made from modern composites with a balsa core or old school Kevlar and wood. We can also engineer steps into them if you would like. www.saberboats.com. PM me or call at 989-233-0878 for info.

Pat Doyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyR_ptdLh7M
    41 in action! Check it out.
    I had to count to see if the word "Apache" appeared more than the word "Saber." It was a tie, thanks to the website.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    So Pat , help me read between the lines if you will ........ Pat are you stating that you now ......are the new owner of the old Sabre mold's that were originally the old 41/47 Apache molds that Sabre owned considering your location is Bay City Mich with a 989 area code and are you actually building the boats in Bay City Mich or are the boats still being built at Sabre & you are somewhat of spokes person for Sabre marine and Doug G ? Hey guy , does that now mean that boats are going to be built using all composites such as Epoxy ,S&E Glass , Carbon Fiber , Kevlar , along with being vacumed bagged ? Pat to tell you the truth when you talk about old school Kevlar i do not understand just what you are really trying to say because no matter which way you look at it Kevlar is a very pricey fabric with only a few Boat Co's using it in there build .
    No need to read between any lines. I work with Doug. Saber is still in Grand Rapids and I live in Bay City. This post here is just to point out for those who don't know that we have the Apache molds. Saber is a custom builder and able to use most any process and materials.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 600sci View Post
    How much $ would a 41 hull and deck, ready for rigging be? I am thinking modern foamcore with Kevlar and solid wood transom, covergirl cabin and full staggered 6 pack with 6 fuel cells. 2 of them in the center of the cabin under the floor.
    PM or give me a call. 989-233-0878

9. Collapse Details

Cool videos
    Cool rigs
    Saber is down by Turner and Ann Street now, right?

Just watched the Eliminator "Viper" boat stuffing video too.
    BoatMe, you got some COOL stuff there ! ! !
    Last edited by rschap1; 03-03-2011 at 10:42 AM.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rschap1 View Post
    Cool videos
    Cool rigs
    Saber is down by Turner and Ann Street now, right?
    Yes its is. Stop and say hi to Doug.

11. Collapse Details

Since this is the Apache manufacturer section, I'll hazard an Apache question: who's 41 and 47 molds does Mark McManus have?
    He still makes splashes of Apaches too, I think.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Since this is the Apache manufacturer section, I'll hazard an Apache question: who's 41 and 47 molds does Mark McManus have?
    He still makes splashes of Apaches too, I think.
    Truthfully that question would be better answerd by Mark. I know for certain that the 41 was built by Don and the 47 was built by Ben. Both Molds were purchased from the Government then eventually we ended up with them.

13. Collapse Details

Truthfully that question would be better answerd by Mark. I know for certain that the 41 was built by Don and the 47 was built by Ben. Both Molds were purchased from the Government then eventually we ended up with them.
    I think the 41 was build by Ben and he used a 36 mold from Don and he helped him?! Then Ben stretched that with help from Bob and out came the 47!
    Last edited by 600sci; 03-05-2011 at 09:39 AM. Reason: missread

14. Collapse Details

I also did not know you call TAKING, purshased? lol
    Taking? The goverment may have taken them, but Saber purchased them.

15. Collapse Details

You make a good point. But hey, we are in the Apache section. I remember that now. I did know that Saber 41s and Apache 41s were siblings. (photo below) It's been a few years since I heard the story I guess. So, I have to assume that the current Apache brand is new molds.
    Here's an Apache 41 and a Saber running together. This is a very special pic that a guy on Lake Erie took. The Chief is the Apache. The red boat is the Saber named Clifford. That's Jerry's boat and he was a beloved guy who passed away last year. Many people knew him and that boat and miss him sorely. This was fall of 2008, I think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boats112.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

Taking? The goverment may have taken them, but Saber purchased them.
    OH, missread. SORRY!

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    You make a good point. But hey, we are in the Apache section. I remember that now. I did know that Saber 41s and Apache 41s were siblings. (photo below) It's been a few years since I heard the story I guess. So, I have to assume that the current Apache brand is new molds.
    Here's an Apache 41 and a Saber running together. This is a very special pic that a guy on Lake Erie took. The Chief is the Apache. The red boat is the Saber named Clifford. That's Jerry's boat and he was a beloved guy who passed away last year. Many people knew him and that boat and miss him sorely. This was fall of 2008, I think.
    Jerry was a great guy. Word is that the formerly "Wiener Run" may now be a memorial run. I hope it is true. I will be there for sure.

18. Collapse Details

OH, missread. SORRY!
    It happens. no sweat, truely appreciate your input.

19. Collapse Details

Don built the 41 for Ben and Bobby, Mark Mc Manus built the 36 mold for Bobby. There all great boats, 21,24,28,36,41,45,47.And KEMOSABE 47 is the best one.

20. Collapse Details

Saber are also great boats, I have been in some huge waves in Parn's 41 and the last Smoke on the water run in Jerrys they ride sweet, I miss him a ton.