1. Collapse Details
    Filler between hull and deck?????
    Question
    Have some space between my deck and hull under the rubrail that I want to fill with something solid, strong and permanent. I also need to shoot it up into the cavities and not have it run out. Thinking something that I can shoot out of a caulk gun like liquids nails or something. Any ideas would be a big help

Thanks

2. Collapse Details

John , 3m #4200 is a one part general purpose PU with good adhesion to wood ,fiberglass,gelcoat ,plastics and metals for above and below the water line which works great , and then there is 5200 which also is a very good product that offers a much better adhesion to the same materials , which can , and will be a real bear down the road........... if you ever decide on taking something apart .

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    I agree both good choices.. I would tape over it to make sure they don't ooze out though.

4. Collapse Details

If you want something more permanent & less flexible west 610 epoxy is already in a caulk type tube & mixes itself as you dispense it. J

5. Collapse Details

West 610 sounds like the ticket thanks guys

6. Collapse Details

Johnny , i would like to mention that 610 is an Epoxy based product which will need some prepping of the surface to insure a good bond . Johnny , the reason i am bringing this to your attenion is .............. because i have seen people use this product and have it fail because the surface was not properly prepped .

7. Collapse Details

Artie, You are correct.. I forget to mention that.

It is very important that the surface is clean and properly prepped for good adhesion. Otherwise it is still pretty srong stuff, but the bond may not be..

Jamie

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside View Post
    Artie, You are correct.. I forget to mention that.

It is very important that the surface is clean and properly prepped for good adhesion. Otherwise it is still pretty srong stuff, but the bond may not be..

Jamie
    Jamie , its all good and yes it is some pretty strong stuff.