1. Collapse Details
    Miami boat show pictures, over 280 of them
    I spent the day at the 2011 Miami boat show, and I have over 280 pictures to share. I am in the process of uploading them, and they are all going to my photo pages, see link below.

It was a beautiful sunny, clear, 80s degreed, here in south Florida. I tried to get to most of the hi-perf boats, and the in-water displays, an the sail boats.

There seems to be a developing trend of twin turbo charged engines this year, and perhaps more diesels next year. Three hi-perf boats that stood out for me, are

the 388ss Skater, the blue one, Bruce Bullock, whom I have know and done business with for over 10 years, gave me total unrestricted access to what they had at the show. I have a bunch of pictures

the MTI, which was an amazing 'show' boat, with lots of bling

and the 52 NorTech Cat, which was a new model, with lots of thought that make the boat very useable.

In my opinion the 52 NorTech was the shows 'top dog', and set the bar very high, for usability and fit & finish.

The first group of 60, are here:

2011 Miami show pictures, 60 uploaded so far, click here

and here are a few from that group to wet you appetite:

2. Collapse Details

For those of us not being able to be there, Thank You! Nice job on the picks

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Thanks for the pics.
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

4. Collapse Details

5. Collapse Details

Thanks so much! Went to the GR Michigan show last night..... These pics are more like it!

6. Collapse Details

7. Collapse Details

Here are the Skater pictures. If you want a cat, that wins races, wins poker runs, is strong and safe, look no further. Thank you Bruce Bullock for complete access. Since Bruce is also one if very few that can get you a Mystic, there is pictures of an RC version.

I now have about half of my pictures loaded.

2011 Miami show pictures, 152 uploaded so far, click here

Here are a few:

8. Collapse Details

9. Collapse Details

10. Collapse Details

11. Collapse Details

Outstanding photo's , Thank you !
    Parabellum FJ²B

12. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Nice!!

13. Collapse Details

Final batch containing 62 pictures, are now loaded.

I had a really good time at the show. I saw some old friends, and made some new ones. My photo site (flicker) keeps track of how many times a picture is clicked on, at the flickr site. It does not count those that show up here on this board, or those looked at in the slide show, but it is still a good indication of which pictures you want to look at.

Tomorrow I will post the top 5 or so from the last 24-36 hours.

Hope you all enjoy this set of pictures.

2011 Miami show pictures, 274 uploaded, click here

14. Collapse Details

Here are some of the most accessed pictures, and a bit of info/commentary on each:

In 1961 the Russian military ordered the Tupolev Aircraft Company to design and build an amphibious craft small enough to be transported inside the Russian MK6 giant helicopter. It was to be used for the recovery of Russian cosmonauts downed in Siberia after completion of their space flights. The craft had to be capable of crossing lakes, swampy tundra, and hostile terrain. The craft needed to be capable of operating at temperatures well below freezing at speeds of above 100km/h. Aleksei Tupolev (1888-1972 was a Russian aircraft designer. He is considered the father of Soviet Aviation. His designs include the Tu-95 Bear which is a famous Russian bomber and the Tu-444 which is also known as the Russian concord. He built Tupolev into one of the most successful aviation companies in the world employing more that eleven thousand of Russia's finest engineers. In 1965 Tupolev first introduced his prototype we call the "N007" at the "Exhibition of Achievements of the National Economy of the USSR" located in Moscow. In 1999 "N007" was acquired in delapidated condition. A German metal craftsman restored the body by hand. The engine was overhauled in Bacau, Romania by the original factory. The restoration of the propeller and the interior of the craft was also necessary. After completion in 2004 the craft was shown at boat shows all over the country and featured in many TV newscasts and written publications. In 2005 "N007" received the "Corinthian Award" at the "Keels and Wheels "Concourse De Elegance" in Houston. In 2006 the craft not only received the "Corinthian Award" again but also the "Award of Excellence" in a prestigious show called "Concoursse De Elegance" in Greenwich, Ct. The exact number of these cosmonaut rescue crafts has always been kept a secret. "N007" is the only one known to exist in the country. It comes with its original owner's manual and tool kit. Enclosed in this manual you find the basic technical data such as: Engine MP14B, Turbocharged 360 HP and 350 liter fuel capacity for long range. Length 6,11 meters and Width 2,16 meters. Height of propeller 2,20 meters. Weight 2100 kg. Payload on water 300kg. This being one of the last models built, it was equipped with a leading edge differential for control system. It has a 500 psi air pressure system to start the engine and operates without the need of batteries in super cold temperatures.

I remember seeing this sell at Barrett-Jackson, for something like 175k-180k, a few years ago.

Could this be the future of facing?

NTX1M

Chief twin turbo 1350HP TC EFI

Hornet Marine, 17’ in Length, 19” Draft, 24 Degree Deep-Vee Hull
    reminds me of the Donzi sweet 16 2+2

Concept was way ahead of the times, with the hi-perf styled CC years ago. This one look gorgeous

15. Collapse Details

Great pics thanks for sharing!

16. Collapse Details

Looked at them all, fabulous, thanks.